Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi fellow sleevers

Today i was on Facebook and saw we are having our 40th high school reunion - egads 40 years :o

the reunion is friday 7/27 - i am nervous and scared, but i'm going.

If this had been before WLS, no way, no how would i attend.

i'm near goal - I look pretty good, -_- and i feel fantastic

I will buy a nice new outfit - and lookout,world here i come :)

friday night i will attend a Cocktail Party Hors d' oeuvres i don't drink - and maybe i'll have two eeny eeny hors d'oeurves ;)

the next morning there will be a tour of my old school. Can't wait for that.

Sunday for $40.00 there is a barbecue -no thank you - if the cocktail party goes so well, and i hook up with old friends, i might go..

the next morning there is a special Breakfast - don't think i'll go there either. But at least i'll be brave enough to go to some of the reunion,,even if its just for a short time

hope i don't chicken out about going to the reunion,well that would at least give me my Protein for the day :D

talk at ya all later

kathy

Go to the reunion and enjoy the fact that you look great! Most of them are now gaining weight at 40 years post high school and you're losing it like crazy! You'll be the hottest chick there! :)

One of the main reasons so many of us begin our weight loss journey (other than to improve our health and longevity) is to recapture the social aspect of our lives. We gave food the power to hide us from so many of our friends, social events and activities.

Now you've taken BACK that power. Just because some of these events are centered around meals and food doesn't mean you can't go, enjoy reconnecting with old friends, relive some good old times and stories and show off your fantastic new fit figure! If others are eating, you can nibble along to fit in...and if anyone notices you've eaten so little, you can simply say you're too busy talking or listening to everyone else to worry about eating!

As to the extra costs.......you only get an opportunity to go to a 40th class reunion once in your life. And by the time the next reunion comes around (probably the 50th), there's a good chance that some of your classmates and old friends may not be able to attend for health reasons, or worse!

Don't pass up your chance to see them now. You'll have a fantastic time, I'm sure of it!

You should be excited about your reunion and especially now that you feel so great! If you do decide to attend the BBQ and breakfast just be smart about your choices! Have a fabulous time!

Congrats! This is a big deal and I know how you feel! My 10 year reunion is coming up in September. A year ago when friends started talking about it I was in a severe depression. For months I told everyone I would go if "I was more content with life" by then because for a while I hated everything in my life (single, hated my job, +70 pounds since HS, etc). Now I'm trying to beg my best friend to go. (I only friends with 2-3 people from HS and I don't want to go alone.)

How about give us the details afterwards? Maybe it will give some of us (me) confidence to do the same thing.

I just attended my 25th reunion last month. I had a blast! I missed the 20th because I didn't feel comfortable with the way I looked. Never again will that happen! Get out there and reclaim your life and enjoy that reunion!

Hi Kathy -- dont miss this! Go to the reunion and have a blast! Let them all see how great you look!

PS: And let us know how it went (with pics!!!) :)

My 20 year reunion is in the plans for next July.....I am THRILLED to have just had this surgery - I will be SPECTACULAR and FIERCE by next summer!!! I did attend my 10 year.....at about 285 and a size 22....I am so looking forward to seeing all my old buddies again...even if I have most of them on facebook!

Go Go Go and have fun. Nothing wrong with showing off the new you.

I have not been sleeved yet but I am going to the reunion anyway. I missed the last one and don't want to miss this one. Wish I could have been sleeved by then but, oh well.