Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alvarez August Sleevers

It WILL happen once you get this bacteria under control. Your tummy is healing up now and it does not reqire much to fill it up. You will do better next week once you feel better and have more energy :)

August is just around the corner! Early sleevers...sending good vibes your way!!

4 days until I board that plane to TX!! So close now!! :(

U guys will all do great , I know it!! Sometimes I wish I can do it all again. So weird but this past week I felt like I've been in shock that I finally got sleeved and I keep wanting to do it all over again, like if it never happened. It's a weird feeling . U all have a good night .

I am very excited. Can't wait. 8 more days and I get to begin a new. My boys are cheering me on, my husband is my rock that I can lean on. Even my mother has come around to things. I guess she figured that I am going to do this with or without her support. I am thankful that it is now with her support cause it was really killing me. My dad is planning for Aug 29th already. That is the day I will get to start soft foods if all goes well, so he wants me make me some of his famous Beans. Things could not be better. I have to say the closer to the date I get, the longer on the diet the harder it gets for me. I am now 12 days on diet, I have messed up a few times, but nothing big.

I am very excited. Can't wait. 8 more days and I get to begin a new. My boys are cheering me on' date=' my husband is my rock that I can lean on. Even my mother has come around to things. I guess she figured that I am going to do this with or without her support. I am thankful that it is now with her support cause it was really killing me. My dad is planning for Aug 29th already. That is the day I will get to start soft foods if all goes well, so he wants me make me some of his famous Beans. Things could not be better. I have to say the closer to the date I get, the longer on the diet the harder it gets for me. I am now 12 days on diet, I have messed up a few times, but nothing big.[/quote']

That's so great to hear that everyone is now understanding why u need this. Kinda what happened to me, everyone was so against it, including my brother who is a trainer and into fitness and the one who always told me to lose weight. He never understood that nothing ever worked, now all of a sudden he says it's the best thing I did for myself. Everyone is now noticing after only 20 pounds, my sisters can't believe I'm going to lose it before they do (they always say they can lose it on their own, but never do) I see how my family eats and it now grosses me out. I can't believe that used to be me. It's so different being on the other side. It's a lovely feeling! Even my boyfriend seems more "protective" of me. I can't wait to lose more. U guys are the only ones who I can talk to and will listen/comment to me. We all have to go to Dr. As yearly reunion so we can all meet! This past year was in Houston, where I met Jenn and (where I live) hopefully its close this next time. Ok I'll stop babbling now, goodnight ladies.

That's so great to hear that everyone is now understanding why u need this. Kinda what happened to me, everyone was so against it, including my brother who is a trainer and into fitness and the one who always told me to lose weight. He never understood that nothing ever worked, now all of a sudden he says it's the best thing I did for myself. Everyone is now noticing after only 20 pounds, my sisters can't believe I'm going to lose it before they do (they always say they can lose it on their own, but never do) I see how my family eats and it now grosses me out. I can't believe that used to be me. It's so different being on the other side. It's a lovely feeling! Even my boyfriend seems more "protective" of me. I can't wait to lose more. U guys are the only ones who I can talk to and will listen/comment to me. We all have to go to Dr. As yearly reunion so we can all meet! This past year was in Houston, where I met Jenn and (where I live) hopefully its close this next time. Ok I'll stop babbling now, goodnight ladies.

It was honor meeting you Susie. I have gained a very good friend. I plan on going to the patient reunions. Hubby said its a deal as long as we can get away, so I guess its time to kick this shy girl to the curb.

Anyway you have a good night, sleep well.

Hey all, how is everyone ? I just wanted to say I know u all are anticipating ur day and I want u all to know that u all made a great decision. Dr. Alvarez truly is the best! He checked up on me today (because he knows I'm sick) and it made my day! I don't know any other doctor that would check up on his patients like this. Never happened to me, so I thought I would share with u all. He is great!

We all have to go to Dr. As yearly reunion so we can all meet! This past year was in Houston, where I met Jenn and (where I live) hopefully its close this next time. Ok I'll stop babbling now, goodnight ladies.

Susie, I am sorry you are feeling rotten, but glad to know it was unrelated to your sleeve, and that it will clear up with antibiotics. I don't know how I missed that you are in Houston. Me too! Maybe when you're feeling better, and I am back on my feet post-op, we could meet for tea or something? I live in Katy.

Sweetsusie and mom_24, I am also in Houston--Bear Creek. I am scheduled for August 23 with Dr. Garcia in Mexico. I would love to be able to get together with fellow sleevers and have a support system. I really feel like I am on an island all by myself. Onlyone really is Debbie.

Oh. ladies...I am getting so close now! Goodness, I simply cannot believe it!! Only two days and a wake-up until I am ready to fly to TX. I am working tomorrow and Tuesday morning and then hubby and I are staying near the airport since our flight leaves so early out of KCI. From then on it will be a whirlwind, I am sure.

Jenn, I am so glad that your Mom has come around to see things your way. It helps to have family on your side, that is for sure. I am not real close to my sisters but they do know and if they don't like it, they have not voiced it to me. My niece just had it done last week so I have her for support. I have a great husband that is happy that I am doing this for myself and my kids are too. I have a hard time understanding why family wants to be negative about something that will help us live a better life.

Susie, I hope that you are feeling better now. You are doing so well, even with being sick. I can[t imagine being around food like you have to be. My hubby may not get a real meal for a very long time!

I am in on any reunions that Dr. A will have. I look forward to meeting each of you one day. You are all special to me. It is great to have people that understand and do not judge you for being overweight and choosing to do something about it. I had so many nice things said to me today at church, it is nice to know that people care and they are thinking of me as I begin my journey. Sometimes I feel as if I am too old to change but I am not. I have lots of years left in me and I want to live them the way I choose to. I want to travel with my husband and enjoy the years we have left together having a joyous life!

Sweetsusie and mom_24' date=' I am also in Houston--Bear Creek. I am scheduled for August 23 with Dr. Garcia in Mexico. I would love to be able to get together with fellow sleevers and have a support system. I really feel like I am on an island all by myself. Onlyone really is Debbie.

[/quote']

Sounds super!

Oh. ladies...I am getting so close now! Goodness' date=' I simply cannot believe it!! Only two days and a wake-up until I am ready to fly to TX. I am working tomorrow and Tuesday morning and then hubby and I are staying near the airport since our flight leaves so early out of KCI. From then on it will be a whirlwind, I am sure.

Jenn, I am so glad that your Mom has come around to see things your way. It helps to have family on your side, that is for sure. I am not real close to my sisters but they do know and if they don't like it, they have not voiced it to me. My niece just had it done last week so I have her for support. I have a great husband that is happy that I am doing this for myself and my kids are too. I have a hard time understanding why family wants to be negative about something that will help us live a better life.

Susie, I hope that you are feeling better now. You are doing so well, even with being sick. I can[t imagine being around food like you have to be. My hubby may not get a real meal for a very long time!

I am in on any reunions that Dr. A will have. I look forward to meeting each of you one day. You are all special to me. It is great to have people that understand and do not judge you for being overweight and choosing to do something about it. I had so many nice things said to me today at church, it is nice to know that people care and they are thinking of me as I begin my journey. Sometimes I feel as if I am too old to change but I am not. I have lots of years left in me and I want to live them the way I choose to. I want to travel with my husband and enjoy the years we have left together having a joyous life![/quote']

Can't believe ur so close Joyce! So happy for u!! U live in Katy? Wow!! What a small world. I work in city centre at Ruggles green , it's an all green restaurant. Maybe soon we can all have lunch or what not and have our little support team close by. That would be so great! I wanna do so many things and I know with this help that nothing is going to hold me back. I've been this strong and I'm not going back. I will do this! As far as the reunions, looking forward to them and everyone's success. Have a wonderful night ladies. I'll be in touch.