Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These sound great, can you get them at a GNC or do you have to order them online?

I get them at my local grocery store, Fred Meyers. There by the bulk foods, by bags of flaxseed, steel cut oats, etc. I think the brand is Red Mills.

Are they hard seeds like flax? I'm gonna check these out... but again, how soon post op can we eat these? Do they soften up?

I have never tried Flax Seeds so I cant compare.

Now I am over a year out from surgery, in fact it will be 2 yrs for me in Dec. I cant say how far you should try, that's something I have no suggestions on. You should ask surgeon.

With the seeds I mix them in my yogurt or shake and let it sit so the seeds absorb the liquid. They expand to like 10x their original size. They are soft with a crunch in the center. I tell people it has the texture of tapioca pudding with the bubbles in it. However these seeds are tasteless, they pick up the taste of whatever food or drink you mix them with.

ANEWME@28 I bought some yesturday but the nutritious there told me that these do expand and could possibly stretch the stomach to give the sensation of being full. Today i am going to call my surgeon's office and ask them if by eating the chia seeds, can it stretch the sleeve? What do you think and what has been you experience? How about anyone else that's using this product? I am concerned about being able to get Water in so that I can prevent dehydration. it's such a chore to stay hydrated. :)

ANEWME@28 I bought some yesturday but the nutritious there told me that these do expand and could possibly stretch the stomach to give the sensation of being full. Today i am going to call my surgeon's office and ask them if by eating the chia seeds, can it stretch the sleeve? What do you think and what has been you experience? How about anyone else that's using this product? I am concerned about being able to get Water in so that I can prevent dehydration. it's such a chore to stay hydrated. :)

You mix them with and let them sit, that is when you eat them, after they have expanded. They don't expand anymore once they are in your tummy.

Im in love with them. I find they help me control my appetite. I get my fluids in with no problem, I don't mix it in my water just my shakes and yogurt.

Oh, I will try it right now, I'm going to have a shake, put some chia seeds in it, let it sit for a few minutes and drink it. Thanks. :)

So how many of these seeds do you add to your shakes or yogurt?

I just follow the package directions, which is 1 tbs.

I getting mine today thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

I wonder if we can use these during pre-op diet? It would certainly help with hunger, just wonder if it would "expand" the tummy or liver....dumb question I know but I dont want to take any chances.

If we can....Im getting some today, cuz I am starving!!!!!!!!!!! (day 4)

Misty, I wish I would have known about these in the pre-opt stage. I was so hungry all the time. Blahhhhhhh! You are in the hardest part of your journey right now and it's well worth it. :)

Very interesting. Thanks for the tip. I will look into these.

Me too! I've got to try these!

I wonder if we can use these during pre-op diet? It would certainly help with hunger, just wonder if it would "expand" the tummy or liver....dumb question I know but I dont want to take any chances.

If we can....Im getting some today, cuz I am starving!!!!!!!!!!! (day 4)

I don't really have an answer for you except it could not hurt to talk with your Dr. I saw them in a segment on Dr. Oz, & he was talking to folks that found themselves munching all day. I thought I fit the bill so I tried them out. Love Love Love them.