Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Oh and I forgot....we have to get Fran though it next week! WOW, lots of stuff happening. Fran, you will be just fine like everyone else !!!!!

Thank you, Sue!!! You guys are AWESOME here, I'm really so glad we all connected! I'm feeling pretty good....getting very TIRED of liquids though (started pre-op early so I'm on day nine today), but I have lost 8lbs so its worth it!

Miriam- You shouldn't be hungry on the pre op. Really. If you are hungry eat. Have Soup, fat free yogurt or cottage cheese. If you desperately need to crunch something have a piece of celery or carrot, just nothing with fat. Practice your small bits & chewing. When it comes to the clear diet for 24 hrs do, do that, it's all about cleaning you out and no puking after anesthesia.

Good luck.

Okay, we are allowed to have COTTAGE cheese pre-op??? Its not on that list that Dr. Geiss's office gave me so I thought we couldn't have it yet! I knew we could have it post-op but since I wasn't sure about PRE, I didn't want to chance it....why didn't I just come here and ask you guys??? DUHHHHHH! I've been having alot of Soups because there are days that I am hungry....but if I can have cottage cheese too, I'm running out RIGHT NOW and buying it....LOL! Can you tell I LOVE it??? Thanks, Ajoneen!

Hi Miriam! Too bad we weren't having surgery on the same day (I'm the 20th), we could have been at Dr. Geiss's together! Best of luck to you!

Yeah, Sue...your banded!!!! So glad your doing okay...wishing you a speedy recovery! Hope to hear from you soon!

I can't recall but, did we already hear back from Deb? Its too early in the morning, my brain is in a fog! Deb, hope surgery went well also! Thinking of you a wishing you a speedy recovery too!

Have a great day all!

Hey Sue and CHris see you today at 2:00. I'll be wearing black pants and a black sweater over a lavender shirt. I have really curly hair that's hard to miss and my clothes are too big (LOL).

Lisa...I too had the runs after surgery. Just be sure to keep hydrated and get lots of rest.

Christine

BTW, I had surgery with NYU doc's, but we were not allowed cottage cheese until the mushie phase post-op. Not pre-op.

I am an ultrasound tech, and I was a bit skeptical about the pre-op diet shrinking the liver, so I looked at and measured mine before and after....it was amazing! It shrunk by 3 cm and was a lot less fatty. Made a big difference!

Christine

Hi ladies! Hope everyone who's recovering from surgery is doing well - here's a hug for ya'll *HUG*

I'm suprisingly not hungry doing the liquids. Today starts day 3, but I've already lost 2.2lbs, so that's encouraging lol. The only concern that I had was that I wasnt getting in enough protein/calories, but I bought some Protein shakes from Vitamin World that have 35g Protein and 170 calories, so yesterday even though I only got in 1000 calories, I got in 80g Protein.< /p>

Thanks for the cottage cheese suggestion, but I actually hate the stuff lol. Over the past few weeks I was trying to like cottage cheese and yogurt since I know those would be a big part of the diet, but I just couldnt do it lol. Yogurt I can kind of suck down now to get in the calories/protein, but I just can't get over the consistency of cottage cheese. That and I have enough in my thighs, don't need to put more in my body lol.

Fran - that would've been awesome if we were having surgery the same day, it would've been nice to have a surgery day buddy! Since you're a day ahead of me you'll have to keep me updated on what to expect lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :rolleyes:

-Miriam

Hi All!

Lisa, Deb and Sue, hope you are all recovering fast! You will find that this week will be much better for you!

Fran and Miriam, it's your turn now.....good luck this week! Let us know if we can be of some help to you!

AND>>>>WOW- what a great day yesterday meeting Chris, Christine and Amanda! You are all awesome. It's amazing how we all have different issues, and that is why it is so great to meet and talk.

Chris...with your personality, I can already tell that you will sail through your upcoming surgery on Dec. 3! You have a wonderful attitude- keep it up !!!

Christine, I can not believe our children have had the same teacher (ok so it's 12 years apart, but still- amazing.) And you are so sweet!

Amanda, great to get some advice from someone who has been banded back in March.

Thanks to you all for yesterday! Hopefully we can meet everyone else soon!

Have a great day all!

Sue

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the well wishes! I am BANDED! Feeling ok, not as good as I thought I would be. I still have a lot of discomfort on my left side and feel like I had a little set back yesterday with the pain. I was thinking it was still gas so I took some gas-x but, it hasn't seemed to work as of yet. So today I am going to just rest all day (again) and hope for a little relief. I also do not feel like eating (drinking) at all. I do my Water and maybe 4 of the 6 meals suggested but of the 4 I do eat, I only drink about half. Any one else experience this? Don't get me wrong, not complaining! Hee Hee....

Otherwise, the process was just fine. The hospital and staff were just wonderful.

All my love to those being banded this week! A heartfelt thanks to everyone posting their experiences. It helps so very much to know you're not alone.

Deb :rolleyes2:

Hi Everyone.

Deb, good to hear that you are doing ok....I know that the gas-x does not work, I had the same problem...but, that pain WILL go away!

FRAN- GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!- Now we all just have to wait for Chris! Oh, and Chris, remember my offer about Cafe Joelle! :rolleyes2:

Miriam- Good luck to you also! (And I hate cottage cheese too!)

Hi Deb,

I am having the same issues with pain and eating, but I am having a hard time drinking also. I am just not hungary. I came back to work on monday, but am taking it so and not moving too much. Rest is the best thing we can do.

Has anyone heard from Sue? How is she doing?

I am so happy, I was not alone to go through this hospital experience and went through it with both of you.

P.S. anyone know where I can get a signature line that shows my weight loss.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Nicolle

I'm a Long Islander looking for weekly meetings or get togethers. I need the out of house support. I am a Dr. Geiss patient Banded March 2008l. Anyone? Dr. Geiss only has 1 serious meeting a month. Need more.

There is a group that meets out in Northport. They sometimes post the meetings here.

A group of us got together last week also.

I would really love to start a regular meeting that is not tied to one Dr or costs $$.

Anyone else up for this?

P.S. anyone know where I can get a signature line that shows my weight loss.Nicolle

click on my ticker and it will take you to the site.

Hi everyone!

I'm really bad at remebering to look back and keep track of names, so just a big ol' generic HI to everyone lol.

2 days til' my surgery!

This pre-op diet is kicking my toush!! Tomorrow is Clear liquids only - please pray for my boyfriend lol.

I would LOVE to set up some kind of support group in the real world. I don't know anyone else who has the band, so it would be nice to come together once a month or so to gab and share our experiences. I'm getting kind of nervous about this huge life changing thing I'm about to do in 2 days, so some extra support would be fabulous! This as I sit at work listening to my co-workers deciding what they're going to order from Olive Garden. Beaches!

:-)

-Miriam

Hi All!

Well, my big day is TOMORROW! I still can't believe it's actually here! I'm doing well, not that nervous yet....I'm sure tomorrow will be a different story...today's Clear Liquids was hard but tomorrow is going MUCH WORSE! I have to be at the hospital at 11:30....wish it could have been earlier....can't have anything to drink, can't even have gum:angry: Totally sucks!!

We recently discussed getting a group together....we haven't figured out the particulars yet but everyone on this board is more than welcome! I guess we'll wait until after Christmas?

Deb, glad you got through the surgery and at home resting! Just don't do too much...get lots of rest and hopefully the pain will subside!

Miriam: We're almost there!!! Sending prayers your way for Friday! By the time I get home and post, you'll probably be in surgery! Good luck and post as soon as you can!

I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's surgery dates on this board, we seem to be growing a bit! Good luck to all the upcoming surgeries! We're going to get through this TOGETHER! And soon, we will all be on our way to healthier, happier lives!

Thanks for all the good wishes! I will post as soon as I can! Bye all....have a good night!

Hi Everyone!

First of all I want to wish Cappy aka Fran the best of luck today! You will do greyt and it will all be over soon. Then Miriam ... you are up! You, too, will do greyt!

I was talking with Sue and we were planning on going to the December support meeting. Anyone else interested? Not sure of the date...but we can find out. Then I would definitely love to start our own group. You guys have helped me so very much during this stressful time! I can't imagine having gone thru this big event without the support you have all shown.

Let's get Fran and Miriam through this week and Chris thru Dec. 3, and then maybe we can organize our group. I would be willing to try to make a list of who we all are...screen names and real names, locations, dates of surgery, etc...so we can think of where we would like to meet and how often. What do you all think? I would love to do anything to make it happen!!!

You are all such wonderful people and I am so happy to know all of you!

Lisa