Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Hi everyone,

Good news...I spoke to Lisa (Lcubed) today and she is doing well. Just feeling sore.

I am up tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

Good news...I spoke to Lisa (Lcubed) today and she is doing well. Just feeling sore.

I am up tomorrow!

Great, thanks for the update, Sue! I've been thinking about her!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! Keep us posted!!!

:thumbup: Big hugs to our Long Island ladies being banded tomorrow.

:)

I am so glad Lisa is doing well. I can't wait to hear from her.

Sue-Good luck w/ your surgery Thursday....(((Hugs))).

Suecarole and Christine #2...2:00 on Sunday sounds great to me. Lets do it. And anyone else in the neighborhood is more than welcome.

Chris

Ok, see youat 2:00 at the Starbucks on Main St.

Good luck to all getting banded today!

Christine

Hi Everyone,

Yay Lisa, you did it....and good luck to all our friends who went today! Can't wait to hear from you all!

Chris and Chris.....I will be at Starbucks on Sunday at 2 pm....Can't wait to meet both of you.

Hi everyone!

I am home now. I just got home last night. I stayed at my sister's house in Babylon for a few days since I live alone. That way I could at least have some company and some help if I needed it. I had my surgery on Monday and was discharged on Tuesday...now I am home. My sister and brother-in-law helped me alot. They brought my doggy to their house and took good care of her for me. I'm not sure she wanted to go home with me after all of the special treats she got...but we are here now anyway. I have been pretty sore and achey but each day gets better. I am going to try to go to my training session today...I am working toward my license as a Gestalt psychotherapist and we have 2.5 hour sessions every Friday morning. I think I can do it so I am going to try. I can always sleep when I get home. Hopefully I will be comfortable enough to sit there.

I wish the best of luck to everyone this week. I've been in touch with Sue...so far so good. I hope Debbie is good too. I can't wait to hear from them.

I want to thank everyone for all of your good wishes!!! They mean so very much to me! See you all later.

Lisa

P.S. Sorry to ask this...but did anyone else have diarrhea? I called the doctor and the PA said we shouldn't have any but I do. I have to call back today. Just wondering if anyone else had it...

I had diarrhea when I cam ehome too. Its normal. I still have very loose stools and diarhhea, so dont worry. Youre only having liquids, right? I'm still on 2 shakes per day and one Protein meal and I still go thru that. Make sure you drink your Water so you dont get dehydrated. I had my surgery Oct.16. Good luck

I just heard from Sue. She is home and in a little pain...but that is to be expected. She is very happy and relieved that it's over. My best advice is to take all the pain meds you are allowed to take. This is no time to be a martyr...and there is no point to it. The important thing is to be as comfortable as you can; walk as much as you can; and definitely sleep, sleep, sleep. Each time you wake up you feel a little better.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Lisa

Way to go Lisa, Debbie and Sue !!!!!!! See that, the worst is over! Just a little more of the liquid diets to go, and you will be great! Make sure you are all using that breathing apparatus they gave you to take home from the hospital. (Incentive Spirometer) I had not used it that much and developed some minor breathing issues...so USE IT!

You all might experience a little discomfort at the port sight and might have some trouble lying on that side for a few days. It took me like 5 days to be able to lie on that side of my body. But, I promise, that pain will disappear!

Now, let's all be an inspiration to each other...and we will get Chris through it as well!

By the way Chris, Can't wait to meet you and Chris #2 on Sunday. I will be the one ordering a large black iced tea and I think I will be wearing a pair of brown jeans.

Take care all...............

Sue

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I've posted! I've been so busy with work... but good news! I'm getting banded on November 21st with Dr. Geiss!! I just started my liquid diet today, and so far I don't want to kill anyone. Any pointers as to how you all got through the week? I didnt have that many calories today - I think I broke 900, but that's it. I didn't order the Medifast because it's so expensive, and quite frankly, I'm broke. I'm using the Slimfast High Protein, but the nutritionist Christine said only 1 a day pre-op, but then post-op they should be fine.

I'm starting to get really nervous about the surgery. I wish I could have stuck with this board more for support.

It's late and I'm tired and cranky/hungry so sorry if I'm rambling.

Congrats to everyone who just got banded!!

-Miriam

Miriam- You shouldn't be hungry on the pre op. Really. If you are hungry eat. Have Soup, fat free yogurt or cottage cheese. If you desperately need to crunch something have a piece of celery or carrot, just nothing with fat. Practice your small bits & chewing. When it comes to the clear diet for 24 hrs do, do that, it's all about cleaning you out and no puking after anesthesia.

Good luck.