Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll Call Nurses Being Sleeved ...........

Boy, people with medical backgrounds have got to be the most paranoid when it comes to surgery (or maybe it is just my crazy nurse mind running havoc with all of the "what ifs" :) )

Haha! I have to agree with you. Knowing the what if's can make you extremely paranoid and give you increased anxiety.

Boy! I though I was ambitious! You go girl!

Thanks

Oh wow, I just read this today (July 12), hopefully your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery! Best wishes!

I had my sleeve done as scheduled. I was discharged approx 22 hours post op. No real issue with pain other than gas pains but that is tolerable. I had a PCA for pain, and only used 7 mg of Morphine before the discontinued it. Never had issues with nausea or vomiting.

I'm already getting my 64 ounces of Water in with no problem. I'm supposed to start full liquids today. I'm debating if I want to do one additional day of clears. I'll tell you what amazes me, my sense of taste has changed already. SF Jello is gross. Too sweet but bitter at the same time.

Walking and moving around as well as rolling from side to side in bed are helping to move the air.

The worst thing about the surgery was the 4 stick it took for them to start my iv. I am not a hard stick and actually lay the fault on the nurses skill level.

Hospice clinical supervisor here. Starting school for FNP in September and pretty excited!

I was sleeved on Tuesday, 6/26 and I can attest that I made a terrible patient. I don't know many nurses who are good patients though! I worked up til the sleeve and was back at work on Monday without any complications.

Good luck to everyone preparing to be sleeved!

I have been a nurse for 18 years. 6 years LPN and 12 years RN in the last 6 years in the ER. Tried managment for a year but Hated! So back to the Er I go! Getting my sleeve on JULY 16th! WHOOT WHOOT! "SHOUTS OUT TO ALL THE NURSES IT'S TIME TO TAKE CARE OF US! AMEN!"

I am a nurse/anatomy/biology teacher. Have struggled with weight all of my adult life, as many other family members on my mom's side. Thanks mama! Nevertheless I have made up my mind and I am going to break this cycle of food addiction and weight gain once and for all. I am getting the ball rolling to have gastric sleeve surgery. As a nurse, it is the only surgery that makes sense to me. Complications seem to be much less and there is really no altering of the alimentary canal. Keeping things flowing the way God intended just makes good sense! Portion and hunger control is what I am after and this seems to be what is going to be right for me. Have conference in a week and pray that my insurance will cooperate. I am already on metformin and have other health issues directly related to the weight. So, all of you praying people out there please add me to your list! I want and need this so bad, not only for myself,but my family as well! Have a new grandbaby and want to be able to take her camping and hiking in the future without MeMe having a stroke along the trail! By the way, hubby is excited that I may actually get his cute little wife back! He didn't say it, but I can sure tell! ;)

I have been a RN 28 years and work full time in a management position. I had my Sleeve and Hiatal Hernia repair on June 27th and plan to return to work July 23rd. It has been a full time job for me just getting my liquids and Protein in. I had originally planned to return to work sooner but due to a higher risk of leaks the first 4 - 6 weeks I followed my surgeon's recommendation to take off longer than originally planned. It is good I listened as I have been very tired and would not have been able to return to a full day of work yet.

I have been a RN 28 years and work full time in a management position. I had my Sleeve and Hiatal Hernia repair on June 27th and plan to return to work July 23rd. It has been a full time job for me just getting my liquids and Protein in. I had originally planned to return to work sooner but due to a higher risk of leaks the first 4 - 6 weeks I followed my surgeon's recommendation to take off longer than originally planned. It is good I listened as I have been very tired and would not have been able to return to a full day of work yet.

I will be getting a hernia repair along with my sleeve too. That is what scares me the most.

I will be getting a hernia repair along with my sleeve too. That is what scares me the most.

I had a hiatal hernia repair as well as the sleeve and I'm not having any additional issues as far as I can tell.

Regarding the Hernia repair, I have been very sore since surgery in the epigastric area until today. . . However on the positive note, I have had no pain or tenderness in my Sleeve area! I had my surgery on June 27th and this is the first day where I haven't had any tenderness in the epigastric region. My surgeon has me on Pepcid twice a day. I have to dissolve it each time but it seems to help.

RN 20 yrs ICU manager, sleeved 4/24/12. Stayed overnight. PAC dilaudid did not really help. IV acetaminophen helped a lot. I stayed off 4 weeks and glad I did. Third day back staffed unit on a very busy day, and that night thought I had been run over by a truck. Drank what Water I could, missed lunch. Not good! Keep small cans of tuna in my desk to run scarf down on those crazy days so I don't let myself get run down again. 67 lbs so far!

So good to see all the nurses out there ready to make the change. As the natural nurturers we are, many times we suffer for it. Long hours, physical and mental stress. We eat the wrong things, too exhausted to exercise and take care of ourselve. Well, Nurses, WE ARE WORTH IT! Looking forward for my surgery date, almost nervous it may not happen. good luck and prayers to St Catherine Siena, Patron Saint of Nurses, for everyone's health and speedy recovery.

ED RN here !!! Got sleeved a little over 3 months ago and wouldnt change a thing!!! best thing I have ever done. still losing weight, getting my Protein in and always on the hunt for new recipies so I dont get bored.

Nurse for 22+ years. I am scheduled for July 25th and am getting kinda nervous.