Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So..... Is it like noticeable? Temporary? Preventable? Bound to happen or just a small possibility that it may happen.?

Did it come back nicely? Different?

I love my hair.< /p>

hair loss... It is inevitable. Most of us will have it. Some very little. Some, it may be about half the amount of hair they have currently. But know this, it is temporary. It will grow back. Some say Biotin may help it. I currently take it and use Nioxin. The Nioxin is a Shampoo that makes your hair look thicker and may promote faster growth. You will notice the thinning more than anyone. It starts around 3 months and should stop around 6-9 months. From what I am told, it grows back the way it was. It's a small price for me, but this happens with most surgeries. Good luck.

hair loss... It is inevitable. Most of us will have it. Some very little. Some' date=' it may be about half the amount of hair they have currently. But know this, it is temporary. It will grow back. Some say Biotin may help it. I currently take it and use Nioxin. The Nioxin is a Shampoo that makes your hair look thicker and may promote faster growth. You will notice the thinning more than anyone. It starts around 3 months and should stop around 6-9 months. From what I am told, it grows back the way it was. It's a small price for me, but this happens with most surgeries. Good luck.[/quote']

Do we have any idea why it happens??????? I was to.d lack of Protein will cause it......lack of nutrient.....but if you pack a lot of. Jtrients into a little punch...would that not fix it???

Some say it is from the anesthesia. Some think lack of certain nutrients, and of course the Protein. We are supposed to get 60-80 grams of protein a day. Most get that amount. And of course we are all told to take a small meal's worth of Vitamins.< /p>

Do we have any idea why it happens??????? I was to.d lack of Protein will cause it......lack of nutrient.....but if you pack a lot of. Jtrients into a little punch...would that not fix it???

Everything I've seen points to protien deficiency. Unfortunately, while in the clear stage the #1 goal is hydration and very few ppl consume enough protien to meet their needs. I was very persistent on getting protien in even going as far as breaking a few rules. I can say, my weight loss has been slower than some, but I'm 46 days post-op and haven't experienced a stall or hair loss yet.

I also feel I should add I have learned a few things from this forum, that I now believe I could have done this within the boundaries of the diet plan that was given.

Everything I've seen points to protien deficiency. Unfortunately' date=' while in the clear stage the #1 goal is hydration and very few ppl consume enough protien to meet their needs. I was very persistent on getting protien in even going as far as breaking a few rules. I can say, my weight loss has been slower than some, but I'm 46 days post-op and haven't experienced a stall or hair loss yet.

I also feel I should add I have learned a few things from this forum, that I now believe I could have done this within the boundaries of the diet plan that was given.[/quote']

How so?

Nothing special, no tricks or anything, just stuff like Isopure clear protien drinks, Unjury chicken Soup, mixing unflavored protien into Jello and such.

Nothing special, no tricks or anything, just stuff like Isopure clear protien drinks, unjury chicken Soup, mixing unflavored protien into Jello and such.

So...are you saying without the sleeve? I was following a high Protein low carb diet prior to my surgery. This is similar to what I'm following, however now I'm eating smaller portions. I don't have the free will to eat larger portions like I did before or have a carb breakdown.

**I just noticed your starting weight. I can understand why you feel that way.

Good Luck to you.

So...are you saying without the sleeve? I was following a high Protein low carb diet prior to my surgery. This is similar to what I'm following' date=' however now I'm eating smaller portions. I don't have the free will to eat larger portions like I did before or have a carb breakdown.

**I just noticed your starting weight. I can understand why you feel that way.

Good Luck to you.[/quote']

I'm confused.

I have no idea what you might have read into my post, or what you think I feel, or what said feeling might pertain to . Or what my start weight might have to do with whatever feeling is being addressed here.

Just for the record, I may be wrong, I think my loss is pretty average given all the variables. I'm 45days post-op and down 43lbs (both as of yesterday) so that's just just under 1lb per day. I so far haven't experienced any stalls, nor have I seen any hair loss. I'm pretty happy with that

Yes and the Protein shots that are 35 g and small

Admittedly I'm not really familiar with the protien shot, but I have read here in the forum that many if not all of them use collagen as the source of protien, and are not usable by our bodies. Whether or not this is actually the case, I don't know, but if you are using them as a protien source you may want to check into it.

no no these are six star instant liquid Protein shot 35g in fruit punch flavour...they are great and small.....for quick Protein consumtion

Never mind yes they have collagen...........crap

hormonal changes also lead to Hair loss.< /p>

You know Shell I think it is hormones, I asked the guys this but I'm not sure we figured it out. It does seem women have more Hair loss.< /p>