Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have Doubts? Dont Dr Kelly Is Amazing

Just returned from a life changing experience. Dr kelly is an amazing caring and very dedicated doctor. He went well above any dr in the us. He fixed a horrible lap band issue, scar tissue and more. I had my sleeve july 4th, and the entire experience was a plus. Omar, is a kind, caring, hard working man who does more than anyone I've met. He took care of my fears and doubts. I went alone, and the team was there for me. Dr kelly and his family drove me to San Diego tonight, and what a amazing conversation and person he is. You will NOT be disappointed

Good to hear you had such a positive experience. Over and over I see such positive posts about Dr. Kelly, his staff and Omar. While I was sleeved in the U.S., I think Dr. Kelly is a good choice for those looking into having surgery in Mexico. Best of luck to you on your journey!

how was your day-to-day experience?

I have to be cost conscious so I am thinking about Almanza vs. Kelly. The biggest difference for me is the number of surgeries 10 vs. 3 daily. While it doesn't mean he does a bad job by any means. my husband installed shingles the fastest AND he was extremely good. where others would install slower with problems and skipping nails. lol not that surgery and roofing are the same but i know just because you're fast doesn't mean you're not good.

Hope you heal quickly. Any suggestions should I choose Kelly. Also, did you have to stay in San Diego before they picked you up?

I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly last month. I flew into San Diego the day before my surgery. Dr. Kelly's wife, Cece picked me up at the airport and took me to the hospital. I stayed in the hospital the night before and the two nights after surgery. Then I spent two nights in the hotel. I actually had a great time! We saw Dr. Kelly usually twice a day, so he is always available to talk to. He took us out to dinner on Saturday night with his family (broth for us!)

I can't recommend him highly enough.

Just returned from a life changing experience. Dr kelly is an amazing caring and very dedicated doctor. He went well above any dr in the us. He fixed a horrible lap band issue' date=' scar tissue and more. I had my sleeve july 4th, and the entire experience was a plus. Omar, is a kind, caring, hard working man who does more than anyone I've met. He took care of my fears and doubts. I went alone, and the team was there for me. Dr kelly and his family drove me to San Diego tonight, and what a amazing conversation and person he is. You will NOT be disappointed[/quote']

Hi Heather!!! I heard from Michelle today that you are doing well. Are you excited for your camping trip?

Pam

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Heather!!! I heard from Michelle today that you are doing well. Are you excited for your camping trip?

Pam

Still looking--- for me...I was very happy to be in a hospital. I felt very sick until the third day (from the gas they pump into your stomach before surgery). dr.Kelly visited me in the hotel as well. There are some things I would make sure were all organized before going. I suggested to Omar that it would be helpful to have email stating all the information...like FAQ. I should have mde sure all was organized...but....Dr.Kelly did a great job, and his wife CeCi was also very good.

emptynester -- was all the medication needed included and did you have to spend hte night in San Diego? Another doctor picks up only once at 9am so you pretty much have to be there the night before.

did you have a drain?

emptynester -- was all the medication needed included and did you have to spend hte night in San Diego? Another doctor picks up only once at 9am so you pretty much have to be there the night before.

did you have a drain?

Yes, al

The meds were included. No, we didn't have to spend the night in San Diego. In fact, our flight came in on Sunday and they allowed me to stay in the hospital Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, so we wouldn't have to stay at a hotel. My surgery was on the Monday.

did you have a drain?

Sorry...didn't see the drain question. No, I didn't have a drain.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I get sleeved by Dr. Kelly this Wednesday. I'm a little nervous but very excited to get this done. I can definitely say at this point that Omar has been wonderful. He is so quick to respond and seems to be very friendly and most helpful.

I also had an amazing experience with Dr Kelly & his team. Dr Kelly is a saint & a great surgeon. Omar is such a caring individual, he looked after me, as I was also there alone.

If you want to check out my blog, I talk about my experience on there too: http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing your experience! I get sleeved by Dr. Kelly this Wednesday. I'm a little nervous but very excited to get this done. I can definitely say at this point that Omar has been wonderful. He is so quick to respond and seems to be very friendly and most helpful.

Good luck! keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully I won't be long now. Leaning towards Kelly just on number of surgeries per day alone.

I also had an amazing experience with Dr Kelly & his team. Dr Kelly is a saint & a great surgeon. Omar is such a caring individual, he looked after me, as I was also there alone.

If you want to check out my blog, I talk about my experience on there too: http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.com/

I just read your blog and I've officially made up my mind. Kelly & his team. Thank you for taking the stress and not knowing what to expect out of the equation. Your pictures helped alot.

Not sure if i missed it but didyou do the barium swallow and get pictures to take home to your doctor?

I will speak to Omar next week and put a rush on my passport.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Pam, good to hear your home. Yes, on our way to beach now. I did have drain, due to my horrible band that had been badly placed and horrible scar tissue.. only dr kelly could do what he did.

I'm getting surgery Wednesday by dr kelly too!!!!