Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made Myself A List For Stuff To Have At Home After Surgery....

I downloaded an app that translates English to Spanish. This was helpful when the nurses had difficulty understanding my English. I used my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I have that too!!!

Gonna have to check the app and add it to my iPad. Don't think high school Spanish from long long ago will cut it...lol. Thanks for the great ideas.

Gonna have to check the app and add it to my iPad. Don't think high school Spanish from long long ago will cut it...lol. Thanks for the great ideas.

Did you see my message to have a hard candy you can put in your mouth after the swallow test? It really helped rid of the nasty taste.

I purchased the Ninja. It's really nice & it comes in handy. A food scale is a must. I found a nice one, with the bowl, on Amazon for like $16. I went into a few local stores & the nice (digital) ones were expensive.

Littlebits

I LOVE my Ninja - it is AWESOME! And it makes fabulous ice cream (basically frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup milk and 1 packet of splenda) - delicious! And it makes ALOT - I usually freeze 2/3 of it!

I have a Ninja. Got it to do one of the many failed attempts at dieting. The sugar fee candies are on my list of to gets. Got stomach pillow and new heat pad yesterday. Got lip balm and gas x the other day. Shopping helps me kill the days to my surgery. Otherwise I would never get off this site! Starting the pre surgery diet today. So far not crazy about the Protein shakes but can do anything for short time. Poor husband is not sure he will live through all of it. Hoping he will do it next summer or sooner. As self pays, one at a time! and he says he wants to see if I live through it. :-).

I LOVE my Ninja - it is AWESOME! And it makes fabulous ice cream (basically frozen strawberries' date=' 1/2 cup milk and 1 packet of splenda) - delicious! And it makes ALOT - I usually freeze 2/3 of it![/quote']

I have to try that...thanks!

Littlebits

1. Take earplugs and an eyemask to shut out the hospital traffic. Even though I was in a private room it was like a bus station around my bed, as the nurses came in to change the IV and check my stats.
  2. Make sure your tummy pillow is firm and stretches widthways across most of the tum.
  3. I had snuggly socks as I was occasionally cold the first couple of days, and they were so comforting.

You will do GREAT Jonathan!

I got a med size travel pillow. It is filled with beads and is very firm. Tried walking

around with it in target am sure people thought I was crazy. Lol. Not good at sleeping away from home so probably will not need the ear plugs or eye mask. Need to know what is going on ya know! Read on one thread that should take packages of broth as it is impossible to find in airports. Flying for several hours and have an hour layover. Can always find hot Water.

[*]Take earplugs and an eyemask to shut out the hospital traffic. Even though I was in a private room it was like a bus station around my bed' date=' as the nurses came in to change the IV and check my stats.

[*']Make sure your tummy pillow is firm and stretches widthways across most of the tum.

[*]I had snuggly socks as I was occasionally cold the first couple of days, and they were so comforting.

You will do GREAT Jonathan!

Thank You! I am so excited!!!

Jlewis if u don't mind me asking who is doing your surgery in La? I'm from Lafayette La and I'm having mine done with Dr chu.

Jlewis if u don't mind me asking who is doing your surgery in La? I'm from Lafayette La and I'm having mine done with Dr chu.

I don't mind at all. Dr.Borland in New Iberia. My best friend lives close to there and I'm staying with her after surgery

Cell phone charger!!!! I'm a nut and as soon as I got wheeled into my room I was having my mom give me my ohine and plugging in my charger. Bring a washcloth to the hospital too. My mom had a hard time finding one. I wanted to wash my face because it felt sticky from the tape they used during surgery. And then later I had a headache and she kept wetting it with warm Water to put over my eyes which helped. I think the headache was allergy related. But when I got home i didn't need much. I was so up and out of the house driving. My liquids phase included, Protein shake, chicken broth, watered down juice and sugar free Jello. But I totally lived for my heating pads when I was home. One my back and one for my neck. I had a hiatal herna which when getting fixed pulls a nerve in your shoulder and that was the only pain I had. Or maybe that pain was so bad I didn't notice any other. So it ran across my shoulders and down my back. Thats why I used the heat. I don't know if you will have a drain but bring a shoe lace or I used a chain (like for military dog tags) because you string the drain on it and wear it around your neck to shower. I wore it under my shirt a lot when I went out that way because I didn't like pinning it to my clothes.

You will do great!!!!!

Ok thanks And good luck with your journey :-)