Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Canadian, eh

Baba ghanoush is very similar to hummus except that it is made with roasted eggplant that has then been mashed. The same flavours go into it as go into hummus.

You would be surprised. I was when I first tried it. The eggplant is baked before it is mashed and it doesn't have the same texture at all. It isn't slimy. The mixture is delicious and tastes like hummus. It has a lighter texture though.

No, No, No Irishmist, *grabs Maria by the hand and drags her to Zehrs*, YOU must try this!!!!! If you buy it and hate it, then I will personally mail you the $3.29 your out.LOL. Honestly, walk on the wild side here, Maria...YOU MUST TRY IT!!!!!

Okay Green, you sound like you have a very gourmet kind of life. When you start eating REAL food I want(need) you to tell me exactly what your eating, what you used in it, and where you got it!! I love eating really GOOD(as in NOT cheeseburgers and pizza(although I like those too))FOOD. I love fine dining and experimenting, but the problem is is that most of the time I can't get my mind to think past a cheese sandwich:cry .

Thank you, Cloe, for those really kind words. It is true that although I have two serious limitations - the most dysfunctional kitchen in the world and I am lazy - I do like to eat well. I have always figured that I wanted every ounce of my fat to be high quality on the pleasure scale! No wasted calories, eh grrls! Nothin' but the best for greedy Green! This is why I am fussy about the quality of the cheese and bread I buy. When I make myself a grilled cheese sandwhich I want extra-old cheddar on a really gorgeous bread - I am nuts about good bread - that has been nicely toasted and is crunchy. Instead of wolfing down a big barrel of Chapman's icecream I will wolf down a small tub of Haagen Daaz. When the icecream is gone, it's gone. The H.D. is just as fattening and it tastes better. I have also never, ever used margarine in my life. Butter tastes better. I guess I have always been a taste freak. Hahaha. Maybe that is why I am size fat! I am also a cheese freak. I love the stuff and I have the cholesterol to prove it. I put cheese in salads, Pasta, casseroles and Soups. I eat a lot of vegies, in giant fattening salads (yep, mine are fattening), pasta, and stir fries. I think that I am fat because I sure love carbs and I sure love dairy and I sure love to eat a lot.

I also like eating lamb but only when it is cooked rare and with care. The French, Greeks, and the Italians do brilliant things with lamb. My mum, who came from England, used to kill the poor beast all over again when she was cooking it. In the middle east they do really brilliant things with ground lamb and spices that I learned about from eating in ethnic restaurants, etc.

I guess I learned a lot of my present likes and dislikes after I became an adult. Toronto is such a multi-cultural joint and there is no shortage of interesting and cheap restaurants for a greedy grrl like myself to investigate. :hungry:

Green - Sometimes in my travels I have seen these neat little restaurants serving different types of food. The problem is that I'm a big chicken, and my husband is the same to go into these places. I don't know why, I'm not usually chicken about much. I'm gonna let you know next time I'm comin to T.O. And we are going to go out for dinner. I won't be chicken, if I'm with an expert!! In the meantime, keep posting the great things you eat. CURIOUS MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

Me too, I'm tryin' the baba ghanoush! I'll check next time I'm at the store. Would it be ok with some kind of crackers, perhaps?

BTW, I went to costco when I was in Moncton and got my antipasto!! WOOO! I just need some Breton crackers to eat it with. :D

Sure, I'd be delighted to. Argon, I think a better cracker with the baba ghanoush would be a Water cracker or a Finn crisp. Breton's are a little too flakey and salty to really high light the contrast. The stuff is traditionally eaten with pita.

Hi everyone, I'm back and on the banded side!

Today..I'm starting to feel okay..really wasn't prepared for how much gas can hurt ya!! ahhh

Can't wait until I can lie on my side again at night though...

Had about half an Optifast shake..before it grossed it me out and I thought I might be sick....Maybe just too much liquid at once? I don't know.

Welcome to the banded side Swanny! I was banded exactly one month before you. Hope to be of some assistance, it's still fresh in my mind. As for the gas, keep taking your Gas-X and keep moving. And don't forget lots of sips of Water.< /p>

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:Hey Swanny, Welcome Back :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Welcome to Bandland!!! Yes Gas is painful, chew lots of Gasx. You should be able to sit on your side in a few days! Don't forget to drink lots of water!!!:D

:whoo: Woo Hoo Swanny

Congrats on the band!:high5:

If you had to, would you have been able to work 3 days after surgery ?

Someone at my office got fired and there is no way I can get any more time off. Surgery on Friday Work on Monday. It's not HARD work but it's not my bed!!!:bored