Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Canadian, eh

Well, my operation was on Thursday and I am sitting up at my computer on Saturday. And that's a good thing....

I didn't enjoy the day of the operation much. I suddenly became so scared that I almost thought of running away. After the op I was in some pain and very groggy but the nurse kept waking me up.

My husband had a wonderful day. He ate in a restaurant that we liked, drank 3 beers and went shopping at Harry Rosen. Now because he had drunk 3 beers the Centre wouldn't let him drive me home so we had to take a cab. The cabbie did a lot of speeding up, slowing down, changing lanes, and I ended up by getting bounced around. By the time I got home I was bleeding. I bled on my favourite pants, on my sheets and on the floor. This freaked both of us out.

Apart from the beer stunt my husband was perfect. He kept crushing and feeding me my meds and bringing me little shot glasses of Water. Today I feel goodish, but still gassy.

Does anyone here know how to get blood out of clothes?

Hey green, wtg, your on your way now. Sounds like your doing well. I found that gasx and walking helped with the gas pains alot. Keep drinking Water. You can slap your husband for me, lol, actually sounds like something my husband might do, without even thinking. Keep in touch, and I'm not sure about the blood stains, sorry.

Other than the blood stains, i am glad everything else went well for you.

Sorry i do not have any advice on how to remove blood from clothing

Maria:)

Congratulations on your surgery!

My husband had beers when he picked me up from the hospital after I had our son. Picked me up, drunk, with our brand new baby!!! OK he wasn't drunk, but he drank and ya I am still bitter!! Our son is 7

Green, Glad things went OK for you. At least your husband went with you. My hb had a crazy summer at work, he asked for the time off to take me but they could'nt let him go. I was not about to delay my surgery, so I asked my sister to take me.

Thank God for family!!!

Hi All,

Green, to get that blood out of your clothes soak in cold Water, then add either a detergent paste or use liquid Tide and with an old toothbrush scrub stain in circular motion, Wash, this should get those blood stains out.

I was banded on 31 Aug at the TLBC. Glad I did it and I'm in my second week of post op diet. I'm looking forward to "normal" food. Kids and husband have been great. I've kept it from co-workers as they are a very critical bunch and wouldn't appreciate the tool I've been given.

Good luck with your first week home. Thanks to all for your advice. I love to visit and view your tips. Have a great (soggy) weekend.

Thanx for all the advice re blood stains, and the support, everyone. I managed to get the stains out of my favourite pants. Today I am gonna be stripping and washing the bed.

I've spent most of my time since the op falling off into sleep, chewing a lot of gas-x, and fantasizing about solid food! Those chewable vitamins and the gas-x are the high-lights of my day.

I am feeling pretty good today, except for the gas.... I think it's time for me to start acting normal. Hahaha. The gas is a real pig though. How long does it take for it to go away?

I didn't have a lot of gas except for the first few days. Moving helps eliminate it. I also had the shoulder pain from the gas. Isn't weird to have a sore shoulder because you have gas? I've heard of referred pain before but I've never experienced it until the band.

Yah, I've been getting shoulder gas pain, especially in my left one. Very weird. And my belly is getting itchy. My husband is just now discovering that I ate a lot of food before getting the band installed. I explained to him that it was Green's farewell foodcourt tour, haha.

The gas pains are finally beginning to go away and I had Soup today. Those Gardenay Soups that Campbells make are going to come in very handy over the next pair of weeks. I had half a cup of Mediterranean Tomato and it was sublime. I bought a bunch of these soups at Walmart before I got operated on.

I see that I am going to have to keep on drinking apple juice which I am coming around to loathing. I also got to buy me some yogurt and start drinking milk. It seems I am gonna need some kinda nutritional supplement. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Hi Green,

Doc told me to use any Protein or meal supplement I felt comfortable with - I use Ensure - I like the taste. I'm back at work and sip on one all morning. It seems to curb the appetite and gives me the vitamens I need. I'm feeling unrestricted and my fill has been moved back to 17 Oct. It seems along time to wait but I'm trying to stick to the plan - at times the head hunger is returning - mostly evenings when I'm tired.

Aren't those Soups wonderful??? Have a great week.

Cloe - thanks!

Roxanne

Swanny,

The Island is beautiful and the people are great too. I think Island life is more relaxed than the fast pace of the cities. I am originally from the Maritimes and have a few best friends who still call the Island home - it is a great place to live or visit. Anything to keep your mind off food is great - I go for walks and bike rides with my kids (great exercise too). Being back at work and the insane world of stress also helps keep my mind off food.< /p>

Hope you have a great week.

Roxanne