Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv- I Came Home After Nearly Two Weeks Of Traveling And Have To Clean Out My Closet... Nothing Fits!

Well here is a first EVER for me. I am one month post-op. I have always had a closet full of clothes that do not fit, because they have become too tight on me. I keep them anyway, for the day that I finally lost weight. Of course prior to surgery, I never saw that day. I was down to just a few outfits that fit comfortably. A couple weeks post surgery, I had to put those original clothes that fit into the give away pile and my wardrobe was starting to open up to me again. While on a two week trip, I noticed that the clothes I had brought were getting progressively looser to the point of falling off. Some of those shorts and pants have been added to the give away pile. To my great surprise upon returning home, all of my clothes that had been too tight are now huge on me!! I have been doing a complete closet cleanout ever since! Fortunately a friend had given me some of her 18W pants and tops. I thought I would never see that size again. They now fit me!! Woo hoo! I guess I had better enjoy them while I can because at this rate, they may soon end up in the give away pile as well. Then who knows what I will wear, but it will be a good problem to have!! Woo hoo!!

Congrats to you - as for the give aways, that is good, but consider selling yoru nicer things, because you are going to spend alot down the road - it is just a suggestion. I have gave away hundreds of dollars of clothing, and made, so far, about 300$ on ebay, too.

My goal is to replace my leather coat, my london fog, and my (!) gear for our Alaska trip next year off of my sales...(yeah, I know, need more than 300$, lol).

Wow Congrats!! That is wonderful!! How much have u lost since surgery?

Congrats to you - as for the give aways, that is good, but consider selling yoru nicer things, because you are going to spend alot down the road - it is just a suggestion. I have gave away hundreds of dollars of clothing, and made, so far, about 300$ on ebay, too.

My goal is to replace my leather coat, my london fog, and my (!) gear for our Alaska trip next year off of my sales...(yeah, I know, need more than 300$, lol).

Yes, that is a good idea. I set aside my nicer things to bring to the consignment shop. Going through my closet and drawers, I am amazed at some of the stuff I hung on to. I guess I didn't want to give up on my smaller sizes, even if some of the the things were completely stained, had holes or were just shabby. Some things are going into the garbage pile!! I can walk in my closet again!!

Wow Congrats!! That is wonderful!! How much have u lost since surgery?

Including my 2 week pre-op diet, I have lost 36 pounds since surgery. I had lost an additional 10 from my highest weight during my obligatory 6 months of diet counseling for a total of 46 pounds!

I use to have a ton of cloths in my closet, now have have very few. All are new and I love them. I like having a smaller closet and I intend on keeping my ward robe small. It's so much easier to find what I want to wear, and I still get bored with what I have. :) CONGRATS on the huge NSV! :)

I lost over 100 lbs back in 08-09 without surgery! I bought all kinds of new clothes and thank the lord I kept them praying I will get back in them! It's just nice to be able to shop on a regular ladies dept and not full figure shops that charge you double! I'm 4 days post op and looking forward to those cuter clothes!

I hear ya! I cannot wait to be able to shop the regular ladies departments and clothing stores! Congratulations on your surgery four days ago!

I can't wait to clean my closet! It's overflowing. It's ridiculous. I have like five sizes in there. My surgery is July 13. Can't wait to start new.

Definitely having to shop for clothes as a result of losing weight rather than gaining is definitely a GREAT thing! Congrats to you.