Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive had alot of complications but everyone here and my local support group say to hang in there it will be worth it in the end. I do beleive that. As with anything there is a risk and with anything we will get through it. It depends on how bad you want the prize. Knowledge is everything. You need to know the good and the bad in order to deal with it no matter the outcome. That way no matter what - you win. :)

If you do a search, you will find complications, because this is usually always listed in the title. If you search positive results, hardly anything comes up because we post it in all types of ways like: NSV (non-scale victories), before and after, 4 mos post op, halfway to goal, got my life back, etc. Additionally, you won't see many of us bragging about no complications as there are some (not a lot) that do. My point is, the majority of us never had complications, but you'd never know otherwise unless you asked like you did with this post. This is why this forum is so important. It's here to support, motivate, encourage and answer each others questions. So, having said all this I'm glad you asked and here is my answer:

I've had zero complications and I was a band to sleeve revision all done in one procedure. I had more scar tissue and more of a chance of complications. I've had none. I'm 4 mos post op today and have lost 52 lbs. (48 to goal) and like the others have already said, my only complaint is that I didn't do it sooner.

Be sure to research your surgeon thoroughly. You may find others on this site who have used him/her. This would be another great search or new thread to start to find out from someone else who actually used your surgeon. If you don't have one, ask for recommendations for the area you live in. This site is full of information, but don't just read the bad stuff. There are a lot of great things on this site to learn and be encouraged by. Good luck with your decision!

I didn't even have pain, went for my surgery on wednesday back to work on Saturday, walked two miles on third day. Again I am the perfect specimen

I was not prepared for the pain, I thought if the procedure was performed "laproscopically" the pain was minimal. I was sorely mistaken! Thankfully I was very well taken care of at Forest Park Medical Center with Dr. Nicholson and his amazing team!!! I did not have any complications, I was a healthy candidate, other than being overweight, my doctor felt this would work very well for me and was excited for my success, as am I!!! My best advise to you g oing into surgery is follow that pre-op diet! It makes it so much better for your surgeon and ultimately...you! I also used a belly band for the first week and then it has been off and on my second week, it was such a huge help! My sleeve date was 6/19. Every day is so much better than the last and...the weight loss sure adds a smile to my face! When I found VSF it really made a difference to know that I was not alone, I wish I had found this before my surgery. I wish you all the best in your journey and a very speedy recovery! Take care!

Oops! Meant VST, Vertical Sleeve Talk and all the amazing Sleevers who share their amazing stories! I am so happy that I got sleeved because now I think I have added so many more healthy years to my life with my husband and our daughters! Life changing!!!

No complications as of today ...1 month! Feel awesome ...no regrets!!

I am one week post op and am SO GLAD that I had surgery! I had minimal issues, just minor pain for a few days. My drain was removed yesterday and I'd say that was the biggest annoyance. I am losing weight and feel really good. No regrets. I think people are more vocal with the negative because it's bad for them and they want to relate to others. It's just how we work. If you read enough, you'll see there are tons of stories like mine with little to no issues or regrets :)

Good luck!!

I am 8 days postop and have had zero complications, not even nausea. I am no longer taking pain medications. I even went to a movie w my daughter today!!! (She drove) ;)

For those who had difficulties, please please please don't hate. We heal at different rates, have individual pain perception and varied medical histories.

Best wishes to you. I hope the topics and threads help you with making an informed decision that's right for you.

No this surgery messed up my life, my clothes don't fit and I gotta go to Macy's to replace them because nothing fits me at casual male anymore ,wifey won't keep her hands off me, I have no excuse to sit it out and watch others play with my kids, my piggy bank keeps filling up from all the money I'm saving on dr visits and prescription copays, I got hate mail from Wendy and Ronald McDonald( seems they miss me),some folks don't recognize me,I don't know what to do with all this extra energy, and to top it off some dude at the gym had the nerve to ask me if I ran competitively,yeah change is tough!!!

Almost 1 month out and I feel great. I do have some nausea if I eat too fast. But, I've been great. I'm currently on a road trip with the hubby and children. I walk like normal and have more energy for my children. I lost 11 pounds in the first week and my starting BMI was 38. Only regret....not doing it sooner. Do your research and decide what's best for you, not on what others say. Best Wishes For You!