Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!is Being Hungry All The Time Normal?

I'm about 3 months out and I find that I am ALWAYS hungry. It's driving me crazy. After I eat about an hour or two later I'm hungry and it's starting to get annoying LOL. Is this normal? I feel like I have to have Snacks on me all the time so I won't starve. I eat my meal and feel full then couple hours later my tummy is saying FEED ME!! Is it that my metabolism is kicking in and burning the food I ate faster now or what?

I have a 3 day go each month during my cycle (I think tied into ovulation) when I could basically gnaw on my arm all day! I just want to eat constantly. I try to remind myself it's hormone induced and since I'll not be getting pregnant, I should try to ignore it... not often successful ignoring it ;)

What kinds of things are you eating? You might try for some denser Proteins (meats) that stay with you longer than shakes or milk/vegitable based Proteins.< /p>

I also read that sometimes an antacid will "cure" the hunger pains because it's not necessarily hunger that you are feeling.

I've been having shakes or oatmeal for Breakfast. Eating salads for lunch or lean cusine.I think because I don't eat a lot as it is and the foods aren't dense that's what's making me hungry. Think I need to add more Protein and denser foods like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am having the same problem. I take a prilosac antacid every morning but I'm still hungry on average every 2 hours....ANYONE????

I've been having shakes or oatmeal for Breakfast. Eating salads for lunch or lean cusine.I think because I don't eat a lot as it is and the foods aren't dense that's what's making me hungry. Think I need to add more Protein and denser foods like you said.

I eat meat practically every meal

I'm 3 months out and I am also hungry every 2 - 3 hours. I'm going to the doctor Thursday and will ask about this. As a result of being hungry, I snack and am not losing much.

I would agree that every meal needs to start out with dense Protein (chicken, tuna, turkey, etc.) Oatmeal has little Protein compared to it's carb content, and salads just won't give you the type of nutrition you need right now on their own.

How are your fluids? Are you drinking enough Water, tea, milk, etc. throughout the day? Often when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty or slightly dehydrated. Aim for 64oz per day, or about 8-10 glasses.

I just saw my nut Friday and asked her about this. She said that your body breaks down and uses carbs much faster than Protein so the more carbs you eat, the faster you'll get hungry. If you eat lean protein then you'll stay fuller longer. I've been trying to cut my carbs way back since she told me that and am noticing a difference. So for breakfast I went from eating a breakfast bar to having a spoon full of Peanut Butter. So far so good! Cause I am sick of being hungry!!

I can't even explain how happy I am to hear that I am not the only person who still actually gets hungry! I thought I was all alone!! <3

Me too!! I eat exactly as recommended, dense Protein, less than 40 carbs, and still... Ravenous every two hours. I have managed to keep my calories to 600-800 but wonder how sustainable it is given my hunger. You are NOT alone!

I am pre-op so Idk what I'm talking about as this relates to the life of a sleeved; yet, it occurred to me, so I thought I'd mention it. Currently, the right amount if exercise regulates my hunger. If I don't exercise, I don't eat well or make good choices. If I over do it, I'm super hungry later. Made me wonder if looking at your exercise would help?

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

My nutritionist told me that if hunger is an issue then it is probably from not having enough Protein or not getting in enough fluids.

I'm about 3 months out and I find that I am ALWAYS hungry. It's driving me crazy. After I eat about an hour or two later I'm hungry and it's starting to get annoying LOL. Is this normal? I feel like I have to have Snacks on me all the time so I won't starve. I eat my meal and feel full then couple hours later my tummy is saying FEED ME!! Is it that my metabolism is kicking in and burning the food I ate faster now or what?

hi every one... i am in the same page. i had surgery on may 15,2012.. i also feel constantly hungry. " i dont know why" i am in my 7th week and all i have lost is 15 lbs.. to me that's nothing. i eat a lot of meat, especialy chicken and salad all day long but just feel that the hunger does not go away... " this is driving me crazy" i was expecting for from this surgery.. so dont feel you are along cause you are not..plus i am going to the gym every day and the scale does not move.... i dont think this was the right choice!!!! very disapointed!!!

hi every one... i am in the same page. i had surgery on may 15' date='2012.. i also feel constantly hungry. " i dont know why" i am in my 7th week and all i have lost is 15 lbs.. to me that's nothing. i eat a lot of meat, especialy chicken and salad all day long but just feel that the hunger does not go away... " this is driving me crazy" i was expecting for from this surgery.. so dont feel you are along cause you are not..plus i am going to the gym every day and the scale does not move.... i dont think this was the right choice!!!! very disapointed!!![/quote']

Chiki hang in there. I was a slow loser at first and the scale wouldn't move but I found I was losing inches more than pounds. I had surgery April 10,2012 and so far 35 pounds down 55 pounds total with pre-op. Everyone's journey is different. Hope things get better for you.