Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Like I Am Eating Too Much

I was reading this and realized I might be eating some things that I shouldn't be...I have not been able to see my NUT yet because she is on vaca...I feel a little lost on what I should or shouldn't be eating...I feel so great I have been trying things here and there and not having any issues but I didn't realize I might be making my stomach work harder...I am only 2 weeks and 2 days post op...can anyone give me suggestions of things I really should be eating???

Are you on full liquids or what stage?

It is important to remember that the stages Clear Liquids, full liquids, pureed/mushies, soft foods, etc. are done in order to allow the tummy to heal. You may not realize it if you eat something and don't feel any bad effects from it, but your staple line needs to heal, and that takes twelve weeks. Your tummy is very small now and you can't overwork it. Some of the foods not on the soft list are just too hard for you to digest right now. The time will go fast and all of a sudden you will be on regular foods. Try to think of some other things like cleaning out your closet and getting rid of those big clothes!

It is important to remember that the stages clear liquids' date=' full liquids, pureed/mushies, soft foods, etc. are done in order to allow the tummy to heal. You may not realize it if you eat something and don't feel any bad effects from it, but your staple line needs to heal, and that takes twelve weeks. Your tummy is very small now and you can't overwork it. Some of the foods not on the soft list are just too hard for you to digest right now. The time will go fast and all of a sudden you will be on regular foods. Try to think of some other things like cleaning out your closet and getting rid of those big clothes![/quote']

Since I haven't seen my NUT I would assume I am still on full liquids...but having said that I do also remember my visits prior to surgery and hearing her say at 2 weeks I would be on the purred/mushies stage but again I haven't seen her post surgery so now I am scared that I might have been a little ambitious because I have been feeling so good and eating things I shouldn't be (like rice, chicken, veggies, fruits all very small and chewed very well) I hope I didn't hurt myself :(

Since I haven't seen my NUT I would assume I am still on full liquids...but having said that I do also remember my visits prior to surgery and hearing her say at 2 weeks I would be on the purred/mushies stage but again I haven't seen her post surgery so now I am scared that I might have been a little ambitious because I have been feeling so good and eating things I shouldn't be (like rice, chicken, veggies, fruits all very small and chewed very well) I hope I didn't hurt myself :(

I'm sure you haven't hurt yourself, but I would say no more rice for sure because of the swelling. You are probably still on the full liquids stage. Full liquids are liquids you can't see through. Don't forget that sf Jello and sf posicles are considered liquids. When you are in the mushees stage, you can puree alot of things like chicken, lentils (great for protein), and have yogurt or cottage cheese. Just remember to drink alot of Protein drinks. These are included in you 64 oz. of liquids a day. You will have a fuller feeling if you have at least one in the mid morning and one mid afternoon. (I used ready to drink cuz I could not bear the taste of the powdered). I am over 6 months and I still drink at least one a day. Alot of people on here use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken flavored Protein powder, but I myslef did not care for it. You need to sip on Water constantly throughout the day. I can't stand the taste of plain Water since my surgery or crystal lite so I flavor mine with Mio flavoring. Vegetables aren't allowed until soft foods unless you puree them now like a Soup. Creamed Soups are fine. I was not allowed any fruits until soft stage and then basically only applesauce and no whole fruits. I drank tons of Wylers REDUCED SODIUM chicken broth (cubes) while I was on this stage. The prepared chicken broth in the cans is too greasy and too much sodium. Is there not someone you can call at your doctor's office while she is on vacation to give you a list of what you can have? I would think maybe they should be able to provide a list for you since you cannot see her right now. I think if you step up on the Protein Drinks and liquids you will find your appetite will sibside a little.

I think the key for us is to eat 6 x a day. Smaller meals, but eating at regular intervals. I also can eat anything that I want, but I am 10+ weeks out. i would take it a little easier.

The key is to remember not to use up the little space we have left with anything that wastes that space. You need to be getting your 60 grams of Protein and drinking 64 ounces of Water. If you are not, then that is a HUGE reason you are still hungry. Vegetables should only be eaten after you have eaten the Protein.< /p>

If we are talking celery here' date=' there is a reason, celery is mostly Water, so most of it passes straight through to your intestine. If you are not experiencing problems with celery I wouldn't worry about quantity (celery is a negative calorie food). But another thing to consider is that it is nutritionally void.[/quote']

I only ate celery for one day. I was just talking in general.

I was reading this and realized I might be eating some things that I shouldn't be...I have not been able to see my NUT yet because she is on vaca...I feel a little lost on what I should or shouldn't be eating...I feel so great I have been trying things here and there and not having any issues but I didn't realize I might be making my stomach work harder...I am only 2 weeks and 2 days post op...can anyone give me suggestions of things I really should be eating???

Here is a list out of my Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies Cookbook of what you can eat on Full Liquids:

Get 1/2 of your Fluid intake from the clear liquids you started with.

Low fat strained or puredd Soups.< /p>

Cooked cereals (Cream of Wheat or oatmeal or malt O meal) thinned to a soupy consistency.

All juices diluted 50/50 with Water.

Skim milk, low fat soy milk, or lactose free milk.

sugar free custards or puddings

Proteins shakes at least 10g Protein per 100 cal, fewer than 3g of fat per 100 cal, fewer than 12g carbs

Light yogurt with no added sugar and no fruit on bottom.

pureed Foods or Mushies:

Blended low fat cottage cheese great for Protein

Blended scrambled eggs

blended cooked vegetables

mashed or blended bananas (1/2 high sugar content)

mashed potatoes

silken tofu

SF applesauce

blended meats (chicken)

low fat ricotta cheese

Soft foods (after mushies):

eggs

low fat soft cheese

Beans

soft cooked vegetables

canned fruit (not fresh solid) packed in own juice

whole grain crackers (wasa, rye crisp)

It says to still avoid the following at the soft foods stage:

tough grisly meats

raw veggies

celery

fresh fruit

any bread

rice and Pasta

coconut

Peanut Butter

dried fruit

nuts

popcorn

high suga or high fat foods.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Oh no it's not your post, it's my own fault!

See list I have posted above. It may give you some different ideas.

Me too. I'm constantly eating and have to take Snacks with me when I go out. I'm 5 weeks out from surgery. Sushi is my favourite.

How are you eating sushi, rice was a no no from my doc, ps only 8 days out

I am also having this problem. I seem to be constantly hungry. Someone told me it could be gas or acis, so I started taking Gas-x again and upped my acid prevention. Worked well for me, now I am only getting hungry about 3 hours after I eat (about 4oz) and that seems right on track to me. I'm getting enough Protein and taking in 500-600 calories per day

I am also having this problem. I seem to be constantly hungry. Someone told me it could be gas or acis, so I started taking Gas-x again and upped my acid prevention. Worked well for me, now I am only getting hungry about 3 hours after I eat (about 4oz) and that seems right on track to me. I'm getting enough Protein and taking in 500-600 calories per day

You should be eating something every 2-3 hours.

I am also having this problem. I seem to be constantly hungry. Someone told me it could be gas or acis' date=' so I started taking Gas-x again and upped my acid prevention. Worked well for me, now I am only getting hungry about 3 hours after I eat (about 4oz) and that seems right on track to me. I'm getting enough Protein and taking in 500-600 calories per day[/quote']

When and how often do you take your acid prevention? What do you use? How many milligrams? Anyone else that has any info about acid prevention for hunger please post!

Try this:

http://www.mybrandnewlife.org/patient-stories-and-support/bariatric-dietitians-guide-to-successful-weight-loss/

Is anyone else always hungry? All I want to do is eat. This just started a few weeks ago. I spoke to my surgeon about this. I also feel like I can eat a lot more than I should be able to. I don’t understand. I’m not overeating. It’s not slider foods but I feel like it’s taking more and more to feel full. I’m not drinking with my meals. I’m just so confused because this has been so hard. I’m almost 7 months post op.