Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Cigna Saga Continues...

we submitted to Cigna 11 days ago. I called a couple days after and was informed that they had received my paperwork, should know in 5 days.

Called on day 5, they dont have my paperwork? When I informed them a few days prior they did have it they put me on hold forever.they found it in the wrong department and so they faxed to the correct department. They said 2-3days i should know unless they required more information.

Called again 2 days later. Again, they couldnt find it in the system so I explained the previous situations. After they called the precertification department, they said it was opened that day and they had everything they needed. They said it would be about 5 days. lol ok.

The next morning my insurance coordinator called from my surgeons office to explain that I may get a rejection letter but ignore it. when sbe called to check on the paperwork that morning they needed something she had already faxed so she faxed again. She said she believed I would be approved this week. Fingers crossed.

Cigna has been making me a nervous wreck :)

Praying for good news this week.

love to all

I totally understand what you are going thru. I have Cigna as well and my experience sounds like wht you are going thru. when I called they wd tell me one thing then put me on hold and they wd xf me to another dept who doesnt update the files so the other dept has no idea what is going on except for old info. unfortunately it only gets worse because if you do get a rejection it is then in the hands of the cigna case worker who's information doesnt xf to customer service either and at that point you just have to depend on your case worker with your Dr office to communicate with you. I finally got a approval 25 days after it was submitted. I was ready to pull my hair out.

My insurance coordinator says this is normal, i was just hoping to get a quick yes. A friend of mine submitted and had approval the next day. She was with a different provider though. :)

Congrats on your approval!! How exciting! Hope it all goes very smooth for you and you are on the losers bench in no time ;)

I am with you. I got an initial rejection, sent in one additional piece of information, which they then said they didn't get. Resent it this morning, called to confirm receipt this afternoon. I think I am going to make a pest of myself and call every day until they tell me "approved"!!

still waiting.....they received the second Dr recommendation in the 29th. So we are almost a week later. :(

Have you heard back from Cigna? How long has it been since submission?

i was approved on day 19. tgey kept telling me approved and my surgeon it was pending still. but finally the surgeon was faxed my approval. Surgery is August 21st