Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone, I was sleeved June 2nd and I really haven't been taking great care of myself I started working over night and since then I'm having trouble with getting my fluids and Protein in and I keep forgetting to take my Vitamins I feel nauseous all the time with no appetite and I'm really starting to wonder if this surgery was a mistake I miss being myself :-/ I still can't seem to find a Protein Shake I like out of the million I've tryed if anyone has any advice on how to manage everything I would really appreciate it , Thanks

Sorry your not feeling well! You have to take a few weeks, and be SELFISH. You have to meet your needs FIRST, then once your feeling well, you can take care everyone, and other things.

Are you taking anything for acid/gas? That should help with the nausea. When do you get to eat soft foods? If you can't drink Protein, then you need to start eating it as soon as your Doctor will allow. Find something that taste really good to you, and eat a little every couple of hours. Your Vitamins may be making you sick, try a different kind. Last, but most important, if your a person of faith, PRAY. It always works for me!

p.s Talk to you Doctor, let him know what's going on. Sounds like you may be a little depressed.

I am going through what you are too! I had my sleeve on June 7th. I just started drinking high Protein ensure the creamy milk chocolate and it is helping me to get my protein in. The nausea has also stopped since I quit trying to eat solids and just concentrating on fluids and protein. I read on here that everyone's sleeve is different and got the idea of waiting a little longer before eating solids. Maybe you might want to give it a try too. :)

Hope you feel better soon!!

it took me about 2 months till I actually appriciated the sleeve. from about week 2 till the end of week 8 I would cry sometimes because I got the surgery....a bad case of buyers remorse. After everything was healed and I was able to tolerate regular foods, as well as drinking without getting sick I felt so much better. Now I am 10 months out and I am so used to the way my sleeve is that it is just second nature to stop eating when I now I will be full....and losing the weight will definatly help you feel better! there are all sorts of ways to get your Protein in, just find one that works for you. I found some Protein Shots at Walmart that work for me. 26 grams of protein, no carbs and 120 calories each. its quick and easy and I dont have to worry about not getting enough protein anymore. also I found it hard to get down a whole Protein Shake at first so just having a few sips to drink worked so much better for me. I hate the taste, but love the easy route! :) good luck!

Hi Everyone, I was sleeved June 2nd and I really haven't been taking great care of myself I started working over night and since then I'm having trouble with getting my fluids and Protein in and I keep forgetting to take my Vitamins I feel nauseous all the time with no appetite and I'm really starting to wonder if this surgery was a mistake I miss being myself :-/ I still can't seem to find a Protein shake I like out of the million I've tryed if anyone has any advice on how to manage everything I would really appreciate it , Thanks

I am in the same exact boat ( I work overnight too) as you with a few more complications. I had my surgery on 6/6/12 and Ive been in the hosp twice since then.I recently got my gallbadder taken out on the 27th.Two surgeries within a month has my body so weak I dunno whats next. Its soooo hard to get my fluids in. I can barely get my nausea/zantac meds down let alone my Vitamins. I knew this wouldnt be a walk in the park but this is alot to deal with. I have my fingers crossed for you.

It gets better when you are able to use other sources of Protein. I hated the shakes but will add some powder to my yogurt. It's a learning process that's different for everyone. I am a single mom with two boys and a full time job. I had to make myself get in a routine. first thing every morning I take my Vitamins before anything else. The mornings I do anything else I forget. I even set reminders on my phone and log still my foods on my phone. Eventually it becomes second nature. It may take awhile to get they but if you keep trying it will be like brushing your teeth. At first it was really hard but once I started losing it became my motivation to do the right things. Most of us mess up or struggle at first but it gets better with time. Good luck

I have found that PB2 powder (peanut butter) really helps with the flavor on the Protein Shakes !! And it has 8 grams Protein per teaspoon!! It's very delish! I bought it on Amazon but I think whole foods has and some of the other markets with a natural food section!..I was sleeved June 6 th and just started to feel happy! I was very depressed and had a difficult time ...just give it some time ..you will be happy too! And ps I use whey Protein Powder chocolate 27 grams protein and it tastes good I add Water ice and pb2...put your Vitamins in your purse and make a commitment morning and night to take them ...sounds like you just need to get yourself on a schedule ..and stick to it! You didn't do this surgery to go back to old habits...push yourself! Let me know how it's going , if I can help in any way.....I'm here!!! :)

You can make Jello with Protein powder. I use a tropical fruit powder (Pina Colada, a Jay Robb powder, purchased at GNC) but perhaps there are other fruit powders. It tastes delicious, avoids the whole yucky shake thing, and counts as Protein and Fluid.

--Territravel was right, take care of you first. Right now nothing is more important.

--For the Vitamins, set an alarm or put a note where you will see it to remind yourself to take them.

--Concentrate on the fluids. Is it possible you are dehydrated? Check with your doctor.

--Consider seeing a counselor, perhaps the one you saw for approval for the procedure?

--You aren't supposed to have an appetite. You just need to concentrate on the fluids and, to the extent you can stomach it, get the protein in by eating/drinking at regular mealtimes and eat a couple of Snacks. Sip, sip, sip.

--If you aren't keeping a record of the amount of fluids and Proteins you are getting, start doing it. It will help you focus on the important things and will act as a stimulus to reach the goals.

--Keep reminding yourself why you had the surgery. You had no choice but to do it for your health and, basically, for your life.

Unjury has an unflavored powder that you can add to Soups or fruit juices. That and beef broth were the two things that got me through the liquid stage. Good luck!

So now it's time to take care of yourself! No more excuses! Make sure you aim at getting 64 ozs of Water in (including Protein drink). Start by scheduling the time when you will be able to have your Protein Drinks, the same time every day would be ideal. Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Dehydration really sucks big time. I had it and I learned that getting my water in everyday is a high priority now. When I don't have any water, I can feel my stomach feeling dry. You can do this, it's just a learning curve and making new habits that help you. If you don't take care of yourself, then how can you help others? Later you will look back on this and think, wow, what was I thinking? This is the best decision I have ever made. :)

If you are having trouble with the Water, is it because it's hard drinking out of a Water bottle? I had surgery June 4th and I pull in so much air trying to sip out of a bottle. Sad but true, I still use my med cups and I am putting my water into a glass cup now to try to get used to sipping from a normal adult cup. At 3 -1/2 weeks out people are starting to come over more and I don't want to be drinking out of the 1 ounce cups, though I really truly hate drinking out of a water bottle.

I also hate hate Protein shakes now. I used to love Pure Protein 100% whey Frost chocolate from Target. I had it daily for Breakfast and sometimes lunch for 6 months pre-approval and that was gagging me. I'm starting to somewhat tolerate it. I spent today looking around for something I haven't tried yet and I was blowing money left and right trying what other people liked.

Eventually it will not be so darn bad. If you get that in with 1 cup of skim milk you will get 33 grams of protein in for Breakfast, so I am continuing with it, though I'm having a hard time.

I went back to Isopure (which I also don't like) but my health is too important. I bought the Green Tea with Lemon and I add Lemon Mio into it and I try to get at least 8 ounces in the afternoon.

The rest of the day I try supplementing with other Proteins. I finally have hit about 68 grams of protein a day.

My doctor and nutritionist believe in 5 full weeks of full liquid so the inside of the stomach and outside of the stomach can heal. Not all doctors do. I am doing it because I can visibly see that my stomach is still swollen (actually it's funny cause it's almost lobsided).

I'm so sorry you are struggling, I am too, but you need to take care of yourself. I know you don't want to end up back in the hospital dehydrated or end up passing out. Don't force food in, but try a different approach to the shakes.< /p>

I used to blend mine with ice in the Magic bullet. It whips so much air in there that I stopped using Ice and after I blend it - I throw it in the freezer just so the bubbles settle out. I tried shaker cups but again all this big bubbles, and bubbles & air = hurting esophagus and top of my tummy.

I started incorporating healthy request bean and bacon Soup and mashing the Beans and straining that and it has some extra protein. I can get in about 7 teaspoons in and maybe 2 teaspoons of mashed up 1% cottage cheese. I am not suppose to be on cottage cheese yet, but because of my issues with with the shakes, they wanted me to try it to see how i do.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find something that works for you soon.

Hi Everyone' date=' I was sleeved June 2nd and I really haven't been taking great care of myself I started working over night and since then I'm having trouble with getting my fluids and Protein in and I keep forgetting to take my Vitamins I feel nauseous all the time with no appetite and I'm really starting to wonder if this surgery was a mistake I miss being myself :-/ I still can't seem to find a Protein shake I like out of the million I've tryed if anyone has any advice on how to manage everything I would really appreciate it , Thanks[/quote']

I'm about 2 months post op and I'm feeling the same way. On top of always being tired, nauseous, Migraines and NO appetite... My tummy is always feeling funny wether liquid or soft food. I have pills I have to take but I literally gag every time I do. I'm waiting for things to get where I can get all my protien from food but I'm never hungry...I wish I knew then what I know now, but I must say I have since the surgery I've lost about 40lbs :).... But I still wonder was it worth it. Honest I was surprised I was even approved smh. But, hopefully with time things do get better for the both of us lol.

I'm about 2 months post op and I'm feeling the same way. On top of always being tired' date=' nauseous, Migraines and NO appetite... My tummy is always feeling funny wether liquid or soft food. I have pills I have to take but I literally gag every time I do. I'm waiting for things to get where I can get all my protien from food but I'm never hungry...I wish I knew then what I know now, but I must say I have since the surgery I've lost about 40lbs :).... But I still wonder was it worth it. Honest I was surprised I was even approved smh. But, hopefully with time things do get better for the both of us lol.[/quote']

The first 3 months I felt the same way. I actually didn't really feel like I got the hang of it until 6 months out. Just be patient and work the program. It gets better. It gets easier. You will get to your happy place.