Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Donna, I don't want to say...you see, right after my other fills, I usually had some weight loss only to gain again soon after. So.....we will see....I feel that maybe I might have lost some.....knock on wood. Could this be the one??? I dare not say. Tell you what, if after 2 months, I have had some weight loss, I will announce it and dare I say, I will actually post a ticker!!!

Wish me luck...and lots of restriction

Donna, I don't want to say...you see, right after my other fills, I usually had some weight loss only to gain again soon after. So.....we will see....I feel that maybe I might have lost some.....knock on wood. Could this be the one??? I dare not say. Tell you what, if after 2 months, I have had some weight loss, I will announce it and dare I say, I will actually post a ticker!!!

Wish me luck...and lots of restriction

Louise that is exactly what has happened with me! I got 4ccs, felt restriction for a week and lost 7 lbs. Now it feels like I could eat anything again and have gained 2. AAAARGH!

Wow, we are all so different. I really like where I am now - 4 ccs in the midband. From what I read though, this full feeling may be short lived. I will go to my 3rd appt and decide at that time if I need a little more. I feel the difference now and I really like it.

Good luck Wheezy we are all in the same boat and all here for each other. xo D

It's almost a month since my last fill and as of today, I am feeling a little lighter. Hoping this feeling continues. I wore something yesterday that was too tight a few months ago. That was a good feeling.

Question.....What do ya'll order in restaurants? I recently had 2 business meals, one was a 5 course meal. I ate 1 course and felt embarass to have 4 plates returned untouched. Well... it was touched, I moved the food around with my fork. No one asked any questions but I felt that they were watching me. I've been ordering fish and as long as it's not breaded, I can usually eat it. I would like to try something else. What has worked for you????

Restaurants are still something I am working on. I normally order something that will travel well and be nice as left overs.

I am still having times when I feel stupid for only eating a little bit of food, but if I am ever pressed on it I just say I had a big lunch or the food was great but I am not feeling well.

We went to an Italian wedding lately that was 7 course, luckily there was some wine to loosen up my band, and the whole meal took 3 hours so I was able to eat a pretty good amount.

I have still not gotten to the point where I am sharing a meal with my wife, but I am sure that we can. I still think that I should buy 2 full meals at a restaurant. It will be good though when my son is eating more people food as we will be able to share then.

Wow...is it really true. I want to know. I have experienced the phenomenum but didn't know that it was fact. Is it???

It's definitely not a fact. Some people get that, some not.

Me ... yeah, usually. Man... on Canada Day (night), I ate a hotdog for the first time in a year and a half! Alcohol was definitely a factor.

In restaurants, it depends how I'm feeling. Some times I can't tell. I'm so hungry, but I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to handle eating something... but I order it, planning to try it out and eat what I can, and it all goes down fine. The other day, I went out for lunch, not 'feelin' it' at all and planning to order just a Soup, but the one they had was gross, so I ordered an omelet, and ate it no problem. I don't bother with things I'm sure are pointless, like a burger, cause with the speed I have to eat, it would get yucky, fast. I'll usually get what I want, and deal with the sympathetic looks or questions if I can't eat much of it. Annoying :phanvan

how are you doing now, Wheezy? Do you not weigh yourself? I wish I didn't!

Wow...is it really true. I want to know. I have experienced the phenomenum but didn't know that it was fact. Is it???

Wine and beer work form me to loosen things up (not just the band :)). Sometimes it is more that others. The one thing that I do miss is drinking my wine with a meal though.

I have to be careful when I drink though because it also loosens up the chew enough and dont eat too much response.

Andrew

So 3 for 3 answers that yes alcohol loosens the band. Anyone else?

As far as my weight loss, It feels like maybe. I am moving tomorrow, lot's of stress....not easy. I will give myself another month to post whether or not I have had a loss.

5 fills and only 30 pounds in 1 year. This is the hard truth.

The few people that know I had the surgery have asked me if I regret having the surgery, my answer is always no. I don't regret having the surgery because I feel in control when I eat. I can't binge anymore and when I am in a social situation, I eat like the skinny girls. I just can't eat a lot. That is worth everything. I was hoping to have lost a lot more but I knew from the beginning that I had a slow metabolism, just didn't know how slow but I wouldn't change a thing.

This is the hard truth that could happen to any one who considers weight loss surgery.

I haven't given up and never will!

Wheezy that is the right attitude. It is hard to see others drop weight so quickly, athough I am happy for them, but I think that as long as we keep our chins up and look at the big picture, it will come to us too.

Louise....you are awesome. You THINK like someone who is in control. That is so important. You are doing great. Yeah for you!

Yesterday I went for my umpteenth fill. I'm pretty sore today because "Sue" who I have never seen before likes to dig!!!! OWE!!! I've never had a fill like that before. It felt like she was tearing my skin to move the needle because she put the needle a foot away from the port and didn't want to remove the needle and insert it near the port. The injection site is bruised, raised and hot to the touch. I was worried about infection but I think that my skin is just rebelling, it just can't give that much!!!!

Anyway, I now have 2.6 cc in a 4cc band and am feeling really tight, so I plan not to have much turkey this Christmas but that's OK with me.

Cheers