Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

OK. So what do you all think about what Dr C said. Except for the weight loss, how much restriction do you all feel?????

I think I am close, but not quite there. I can definitely eat in the morning, but a small amount (1 piece of toast with cheese). I do find that I am restricted throughout the day - each meal is small and ends with me feeling full. Later in the evening, I do find that I am hungry and will have a snack.

The only problem I am having right now is I am used to taking my insulin before my meal based on what I am eating. I have had a number of low blood sugars, because I just can't get to the carbs/starch part of my meal. Then I need to eat again when I go low. I think I will start taking my insulin after I eat, based on what I actually eat and see how that goes. It is not optimal, but hopefully it won't be bad either.

Susan,

That sounds reasonable, better to have a small rise in blood sugar than a low blood sugar. Who is going to be there for you when you have an insulin reaction??? If you are anything like I am, you may have good intentions to have your Protein and your carbohydrates, the band may say differently.

Keep us informed because let's face it, we are all diabetics or pre-diabetic if we don't keep our weight in check

Take care

I don't know what to think about my restriction. :)

I don't really agree with him saying that you should only be able to have coffee, and maybe some yogurt in the morning. Not everyone is really tight in the morning, it's not a rule, and you shouldn't have to (or be supposed to) aim for that! If you can eat Breakfast, and are still losing weight, that's awesome, and you're all the more better off than those of us who can't. We've ALL be told forever that you should never skip breakfast. For the first, I don't know... 9 months, I WAS able to eat something at breakfast, and I usually would. I lost the most weight during that time, so is it a bad thing?

Beef should be difficult? I can't say that it's ever been difficult. I've never eaten so much steak (haha, well.. maybe I have). I've had the best luck, most recently WITH eating steak.

Anyways, that's what I think. I don't think telling people they should be wanting to not BE ABLE to eat breakfast is good at all.

I agree with Mandi. I like to have a coffee and an egg white omelet. It keeps me full for the better part of the morning. I bring a snack along like a yoghurt to tide me over to lunch if I need it. I still can eat too much but I go for my second fill this Tuesday.

When I went for my fill we got a sheet which gives the characteristics of not enough fill, perfect fill and too much fill. It does not say that you cannot eat in the morning when you are perfectly filled. I had a coffee earlier and just finished a yogurt with berries (NEVER thought I would eat yogurt again)! IT was one of those TIm Horton ones, and now I feel satisified.

About my low blood sugars, I am fortunate that I can tell when I am having one pretty easily. I will start to feel very hungry, then shake and start sweating profusely. I treat with 1/2 c. of juice and then some longer lasting carbs. I used to hve 1/2 cheese sandwhich, but I can no longer do that and I also find that not everything goes down quickly enough, so last night I took a small bowl of light ice cream and that worked really well. I think it was the perfect amount, because I did not have a high spike this morning, instead my BS was perfect.

Trial and error!

I guess maybe Dr C told me these things because he knows how hard it's been for me. I was already pretty tight in the morning and now even more so. As far as beef goes, I find if you have a really good cut of beef, it could be as tender as other meats.

On a good note, I've started to feel like I'm losing weight but it doesn't show on the scale yet

My dh. got his 5th fill on May 25 ( swedish band) .He got to his sweet spot at 9.5 cc. He tries to have breakfast. Package of oatmeal and/or handful of almonds.Very light lunch and supper light supper. We are on shift work and it is hard maintain a rountine. He is very happy with his restriction.. If he doesn't stop when he gets a little heavy feeling he will slime.He has lost 62lbs since Aug06.Me on the other hand has had a few problems .I get fills and defills. I had another defill today and i only have .5ccs in my band till i feel better.

Yes i have had good weight lost but i have irritable bowel sydrome and very very constipated. I thought i was eating lots of Fiber. DO NOT LET YOUR SELF GET VERY CONSTIPATED. Anybody want more info. pm me as i don't want to scare everyone. I am on the healing side now.Anyone have any good suggestions to keep you loose ? Greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oh Loriely, I had a scare with Constipation about a month ago! Ended up in Emerg. It was awful. I take benefibre in my Water once or twice a day and use regular skim milk instead of lactose free and I am much better. Also, Kashi Cereal has a ton of fibre. Are you okay?

Yes i had to go to emerg 3x and had 2 defills. I did use benefiber ,ate salads ,eat the kashi, trying the guardian bran.I need a stick of dynamite lol. The worst part i am going to Edmonton for 8 days.I am taking colace till i come back and see my family dr. to send me back to bowel dr. I am just eating soft foods till my esophagus ,bowel and stomach is much better.Are you feeling better susansilver? It is not fun. Nancy said 2 liters of Water and if you increase your fiber increase your water to at least 3 liters a day.

Yes i had to go to emerg 3x and had 2 defills. I did use benefiber ,ate salads ,eat the kashi, trying the guardian bran.I need a stick of dynamite lol. The worst part i am going to Edmonton for 8 days.I am taking colace till i come back and see my family dr. to send me back to bowel dr. I am just eating soft foods till my esophagus ,bowel and stomach is much better.Are you feeling better susansilver? It is not fun. Nancy said 2 liters of Water and if you increase your fiber increase your water to at least 3 liters a day.

I am perfectly fine now - but it took about 2 weeks until everything was "out" and I became regular again. I really thought for a while that it was going to become a chronic problem for me, but that does not seem to be the case. I hope you feel better soon and this gets all cleared up. It must be very painful.

Loriely, glad to hear your dh has finally found his sweet spot. Also, glad to hear that I am not the only one here that has had to have 5 fills to finally think that perhaps I will see some real results.

About the constipation...benafibe has helped somewhat but every once in a while ex-lax is definitely needed. One of my biggest problem is that I don't get enough Water in. I work in a medical lab so to bring your water to work is out of the question. Anytime I take a break, I usually try to eat something. Eating and drinking is not recommended, so goes my dilema....Do I try and get my Protein in.....or do I drink water???? That is the question.