Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Gawwwwd, that sounds soooooo great!!!!! When do you leave??? C'mon Wheezy, info, info!!!!!

*laying plans to sneak into Wheezy's suitcase* (I better hurry up and lose more weight!).

When do u leave Wheezy?

Cloe, I would love to give ya details but Yoda wants too much info. She wants to hide in my suitacase and spy!!! Please don't tell her, I think she is on my tail. Gaffer knows what I am talking about. LOL. Cloe and Yoda or and anyone who wants to crash, we have a 3 bedroom condo on the beach and there are only 2 of us.

Wow...it really does sounds awesome Wheezy....and North Conway to boot!!! (Lands End outlet is there, isn't it?) WHoo hoooo! Have a great relaxing trip!

Ironically, my in-laws are headed to a condo at Myrtle Beach near the end of Apr; they are staying for 2 weeks.

Seriously, when do you leave?

Have an awesome time.....you DESERVE it!!!!

Yup Yoda you are right, there is tax free outlet shopping in North Conway NH and there are 2 large outlet malls in Myrtle Beach. The weird thing about driving in New Hampshire is that there are huge tax free liqueur stores right on the highway, just pull off the highway buy your booze and get right back on the highway. It's just like the service station we have on the 401, fill up use the facilities and get your Tim's except there you get your liqueur.

We are leaving March 27th and we should be back April 15th.

Yoda are your in-laws golfers?

Actually Wheezy...no they aren't!!!!

But the in-laws are going with Mr Yoda's brother, wife and 7 year old....so it is a family thing (minus us!!) LOL.

(you couldn't pay me enough money to vacation with my in-laws!!!!).

Lol Yoda.

Today I have a sore stomach. The pain is about 2 inches below the port and a little to the left. I called the clinic today to speak with the nurse (Tammy) but I was too late. I left a message. It's probably nothing but it's on my mind. What if it's the band? I just want the pain to go away!!!

betcha anything it'll be gone in a couple days, and they'll probably say the same... I'm sure it's nothing. As long as there's no other weird crazy new symptoms as well?

I agree, I betcha it's nothing to worry about (band-wise). If it was your band the pain would be higher. And I think not much can go wrong with your port site this late in the game.

Yup Yoda you are right, there is tax free outlet shopping in North Conway NH and there are 2 large outlet malls in Myrtle Beach. The weird thing about driving in New Hampshire is that there are huge tax free liqueur stores right on the highway, just pull off the highway buy your booze and get right back on the highway. It's just like the service station we have on the 401, fill up use the facilities and get your Tim's except there you get your liqueur.

We are leaving March 27th and we should be back April 15th.

Yoda are your in-laws golfers?

Oooh, shopping! :) Green is jealous! I hope you get better fast. :)

Well Cloe and Mandi are right. Tammy said that the pain is too low and that she would be more concerned if the pain occurred after I ate. Today it's just a dull ache so I'm not so worried. It will probably be gone by tomorrow.

I am also experiencing a lot of back pain and my Doc prescribe Naproxen-E. It's a NSAID with enteric coating. I asked Tammy today while I was on the phone with her if it was OK to take them. She didn't even know that we should not take NSAIDS. My Doc said it was easier on the stomach but I just wanted the clinic to confirm that it was OK to take. Anyhow, Tammy said to start the meds. and she would ask Dr M. on Thursday and I would only hear from them if he thought that I should not take them.

I take coated aspirin all the time and don't have any problems. I dunno if that's any help to you....

that's weird that she seemed to know nothing about the no NSAIDS thing... I have purposely stayed away from asprin and ibuprofen for that reason. Lived with headaches because those were the only things available to me at that time.

I'm sure they're fine once in a while (and of course if you're taking baby asprin or whatever for your heart, or short term prescriptions), but I have always been under the impression of: NO NSAIDS!

I'm sure my post-surgery papers said that too. Dr. C and M should get the story straight with their nurses if thats the case... so patients aren't hearing contradictions.

I know that you must not take pain killers that also thin the blood - such as Aspirin - before surgery. It is important that your blood clots easily after surgery is why. But I take Aspirin quite often. It is an anti-inflamnatory and I have torn rotator cuffs.:cry

I found this in a thread CLOE posted a long time ago...asking about Advil, here's a reply that I found that sounded good.

The problem with NSAID's (Advil, ibuprofen, Motril,Aleve, etc.) is NOT their physical form and getting them down, even though some have had problems with that. The problem is their chemical compositon.

The chemistry that makes them work is bad for EVERYONE's stomach--which explains why, since the development of those meds, there has been a need for things like Nexium, Prevacid, Aciphex...the proton pump inhibitors you see all over the tv ads.

What they do, along with relieving pain, is to thin the mucosal lining of the stomach. It's just the "bad news" part of the good news that whatever was hurting isn't hurting so much. But, after very little time, that thinned stomach lining can need help of its own.

A banded person who takes NSAID's on a fairly regular basis has a thinned mucosal lining, too. The "pouch" area (I prefer to think of it an "an upper stomach") holds food for longer than the rest of the stomach. If the lining of the pouch is thinned, the food sitting there longer can cause more irritation and ulceration.

BTW, I didn't learn this until AFTER I had purchased a cabinet full of liquids and chewables...

I'll check Dr. Cobourns message board specifically and see if anyone's asked, and/or what his clinic says about the matter. (after work... gotta go!)