Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Sometimes not by choice! did you see the news about the cabinet ministers and what's in their blood????

Kinda makes ya wonder how long we've been doing nasty things to ourselves and our environment.

Sometimes not by choice! did you see the news about the cabinet ministers and what's in their blood????

Kinda makes ya wonder how long we've been doing nasty things to ourselves and our environment.

OK I'll bite, what's in their blood. Did I miss anything?

Well,

they had so many toxins that they are now going to pass some environmental laws.... I can't remember all of them but PCB and arsenic were a couple of them and some other banned chemicals showed up in their bloodwork - they also said that their cholestrol was very high (and one was shocked since he's an exercise nut -l just shows you they have to eat right too not just exercise and be a great weight)

It's so sad what we are doing to our environment. We have great tasting perch around here but there is an advisory not to eat it more than once a month if you are pregnant, you can eat it a little more often you're not pregnant but who would want to.....

OK so I went for an X-Ray today because of lower back pain. I don't think I ever mentioned it before but when I woke up in the recovery room after the lap band surgery, I was in terrible pain. The really weird thing was that my worst pain was in my lower back....not the incision, not my insides.... my lower back!!!! I was given an injection for pain in the recovery room because of the pain in my back. Anyhooo, the pain in my back has become progessively worst. So I went to my family physician and she ordered X-Rays of my lumbar (lower) spine. The X-Ray tech had a very panic sticken look on her face after the first X-Ray, She asked me if I had something on me like a wire or if I had some kind of surgery. After feeling myself up under the hospital gown, I realized what she was talking about. I told her that yes I have had surgery and it was called lap-band surgery and that I did not know that X-Rays of the lower spine would cover the area of the port. The X-Rays were done on a digital machine so I asked her if I could see the images. After all the pics were taken she let me see them. They looked just like the photos on pamplets I had seen. It was sooooo kewl. It was a reality check, like they really did this to me and I asked and paid for it.

It's a reality check

Yeah Wheezy...I know what you mean...that is how I felt when I first saw the port and the band under fluro in Aug. It was like...."hey man...WTF is that inside me"...."OMIGAWD, there REALLY is something there". It is a really different feeling when you actually seeeee it!!!

I chuckled at your post tho.....I can just imagine the X-ray tech's shock!!! LMAO

So....how is the spine and all? Hope everything is okay.....keep us posted.

Ha, Ha, thats neat.

When I went for my ultrasound before Christmas, for my kidneys, I told the nurse that she may encounter something strange. When I explained she said that the ultrasound wouldnt pick that up, I was actually dissappointed, I wanted to see it!!!!

Geez wheezy didnt know you were have back probs. they are awful. I hope they find out what it is and give you something for pain in the meantime. Ask for physio too, it really helps.

It's so sad what we are doing to our environment. We have great tasting perch around here but there is an advisory not to eat it more than once a month if you are pregnant, you can eat it a little more often you're not pregnant but who would want to.....

I guess it's unsafe to eat politicians, too.:faint:

My back problem is probably only arthritis which runs in the family. Everytime my mother comes up with a medical issue, I usually tell her "Thanks a lot Mom, one more thing I have to look forward to!!" So this is just one of those things. I will try a chiropractor first and if that doesn't work I will try the physio thing. As far as pain relief my Doc told me to take Tylenol Arthritis because I told her that because of the band, I can't take ibuprofen on a daily basis.

It was kinda funny to see the X-ray tech react. After I told her what it was she told me she was relieved. She said sometimes they see things that were forgotten in the patients after they have had surgery, like medical instruments. So she has to be careful when she questions the patients.

Finally, the contraters are here to fix the damages of the storm that left us with a flood Dec. 5, 2006. Now all I have to do is not do any dusting, it's not worth it until they are done!!! The thing that gets to me the most is the lab I work in is also under renovations. It's a mess everywhere I spend time in and it's getting to me. Agh!!!!

I've been busy and haven't had much time to catch up. Sooooo many post, sooo many new people. The support is growing and that's wonderful.