Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was Wednesday, June 20th. I had my gallbladder out at the same time. There have been no complications so far (knock on wood), except that I feel terrible. I feel nauseous, and shaky, and generally not like myself at all.

For months before the surgery, I was reading the forums. I know that most people don't feel well at first and think to themselves what have I done? That's the stage where I am right now. Ugh.

It's a rough go at first with the trauma your body goes through. But in time you'll start feeling better, don't worry. You made the right choice. The first few days I was whipped and felt like garbage. And for you it's going to compound with the gall bladder being taken out too. Just rest as much as you can, and hit the pain pump often if you need it.

You know I'm getting it done at the same place. Based on what everyone says and how good I know your Dr. is, you're going to be great in no time!

I'm sorry you feel so sad.

Maybe try reading some of the success stories here to remember how many people went through the same thing and no one regrets it after a little bit more time.

You're getting thin and healthy!!! YAY!! Remember that!! (totally not to discount your feelings)

My surgery was Wednesday' date=' June 20th. I had my gallbladder out at the same time. There have been no complications so far (knock on wood), except that I feel terrible. I feel nauseous, and shaky, and generally not like myself at all.

For months before the surgery, I was reading the forums. I know that most people don't feel well at first and think to themselves what have I done? That's the stage where I am right now. Ugh.[/quote']

Hi I was sleeved on Monday and I felt crappy until today. I really started feeling better today. It really does get better hang in there!

Took me until the 3rd week before I was able to say, "I think I'm feeling a little better today." I did have some complications, but it has just taken me longer than some. Hopefully you will recover quickly like most, but if it's longer, don't give up hope, it does get better. Get what Fluid you can, try cream warm Soup, and walk if you are up to it, rest if not. Wishing you a fast recovery!

I don't care what anyone says- having your bg out- and the sleeve done is much harder than just having the sleeve- I too had both done same day- and in 5 weeks and a couple days- and I'm just now starting to worry about requirements calories and such.

Hang in there - it does get better :)

I didn't really feel well for a couple weeks. I'm almost 6 weeks out and feel great! I also went through that phase... Did I do the right thing?..... Now 25+ pounds down, 17 inches melted away, less pain in joints, half the dose of blood pressure meds..... No doubts at all! Hang in there. It can be kind of cruddy at first for some of us. You will get through it, stay strong.

So glad to find this topic. I was sleeved Wednesday, the 20th......and am feeling miserable, tearful......miserable. Did I mention I feel miserable? I'm ready to feel better. The only complication that I had post surgery was urinary retention....I couldn't pee. The surgeon wanted to send me home to self cath until the ability to pee returned. Really? I can't bend over, cause you see......2/3 of my stomach are cut out!!!! OmG. After a second night in the hospital, the ability to "free one's bladder" returned! Thank god!!!

So here it is Saturday and I feel just miserable..............help?

And add to the misery......I weigh 8 pounds more since I got home from the hospital than when I left!!! Can you guess where that 8 pounds landed? Right on my belly......so lying down, not so comfortable.

Did I mention I'm miserable?

Did I mention I'm miserable?

Believe me, I hear that. I just want to feel better and I logically know that I will.... but for now, I am am nauseous... and tearful. Let's stick together.

less pain in joints, half the dose of blood pressure meds..... No doubts at all!

Those two things alone makes it all worth it. Every night, when my hip starts hurting after only working a few hours, I think about getting my sleeve. I'm ready to do this!

I'm wondering if I feel sicker than I may have otherwise because I had my gallbladder removed at the same time.... Anyone with an opinion?

Will the bubble of air that comes up from my stomach each time I drink or sip anything eventually subside?

I honestly had no problems after my gallbladder...it was a breeze. When I had my sleeve just the smell of broth would make me sick...I was severely nauseated for 3 or 4 days....so my opinion is its not the gallbladder...it's the sleeve

I am so sorry that you two are having discomforting complications. I had my VSG on Tuesday the 19th and I feel good. Just a little bored with the full liquids. I do have complications with intestinal gas that hurts but my Dr. promised me if I walked I would alleviate the pain and he was correct. So when ever I start to feel bad I walk around the house. Don't worry about the 8 lbs. it's proably only fluids. Try to remain positive, for worrying is not good for your healing. Best Wishes!

I guess I'm lucky but I was sleeved on the 19th and feel great. I think it's because I'm really walking alot. The doctor and some research say the more you walk the better you will feel.

I was sleeved on the 20th also and although i do feel bettter i still feel like s$&t! I can say i was def not prepared for this, at the moment i have big regrets. At this point all i can do is hope it gets better and regret fades. A 1 1/2 surgery took over 4 hours, dr said he almost didnt think he could do it. My stomach was a mess from previous band, i wish he chose to back out and not do it. Nurses at the hospital were terrible! And i work for the hospital. No body ever got me up anything i did was by myself! I thought id have support and i dont. Boyfriend was supposed to stay with me for the weekend but went MIA. Im depressed cant stand having to chew my nasty meds and being on liquids and not being able to eat since monday sucks! Im afraid my sleeve is goingto leak and im going to die! Im bored out of my mind and dont know what to do with myself. Sorry for the rant im just so damn miserable.