Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did he advise you to do?

My surgeon called today and is faxi g a script to Hambrick I have to have an upper GI. I see Hambrick in the am.

Hope all is well Alicia :)

Best of luck!!

Hi All, how is everyone doing?

Hi All' date=' how is everyone doing?

[/quote']

In the hospital been here since Monday. Had egd yesterday and my stomach is very narrow and irratated. They are thinking an allergy to something but not sure yet. They are talking about putting in a picc line to give me nutrients but not sure with that either. Hoping to find out more today. :). I also have kidney stones. ;). Go big or go home! Lol

Well that's a lot, whew! I hope you recover soon, keep us posted :)

My surgery was 10/31 and awful. Surgery was ok but recovery was not. I had extreme nausea and could not keep anything down. I was at the hospital for 4 nights. Been home now since Sunday. Can't get all of my Protein and fluiDs in and am battling head hunger but not real hunger. Feeling regretful and depressed now.

My surgery was 10/31 and awful. Surgery was ok but recovery was not. I had extreme nausea and could not keep anything down. I was at the hospital for 4 nights. Been home now since Sunday. Can't get all of my Protein and fluiDs in and am battling head hunger but not real hunger. Feeling regretful and depressed now.

Alicia,

I felt the same way. Emotionally miserable. Unfortunately I can't recommend anything because the only thing that helped was time. I take meds for anxiety and have "break through" as needed meds too, I took them e dry day for a few weeks and I rarely take them. I wish I could help more I feel your pain. This too shall pass. Hang in there sleeve sister! Ill be praying for you!

Julie

I had my husband take our scale out of the house and I've been happier for it. Well, we're at my parents' house this weekend and I got on their scale. Big mistake. Only down 3lbs in the last 2 weeks! That makes me so MAD!

I know you can't compare yourself to others blah, blah, blah, but we all do. It's human nature. It's HARD to see others losing 20+ or even 30+ pounds the 1st month and here I am losing "just" 13. Yes I know that's 13 I wouldn't have lost pre-sleeve, BUT STILL. I'm doing everything right and it's so frustrating and demotivating. :'(

Geaux.... you are doing better than me. I have only lost 9 lbs since I was sleeved on Oct 17th. I seem to be stuck. I try doing everything right too. I am also very frustrated!

Alicia' date='

I felt the same way. Emotionally miserable. Unfortunately I can't recommend anything because the only thing that helped was time. I take meds for anxiety and have "break through" as needed meds too, I took them e dry day for a few weeks and I rarely take them. I wish I could help more I feel your pain. This too shall pass. Hang in there sleeve sister! Ill be praying for you!

Julie[/quote']

How are you this morning? Wow, you really do go big! I hope the stones was why you were ill and everything else is good! Praying for you, Hun.

As for regrets...I still have a mini pity party every week now at 4 weeks post-op-it's better than every day right after surgery! It's normal- your body and mind went through a lot just to have sleeve done. It does get better, I promise! Now that I'm back to work full time, except for being tired around 2pm (my post-op nap time!) and eating like a baby (on puree), I feel great! No pain when I cough or sneeze (I used to die! Hiatal hernia repaired w/sleeve -ouch!) I'm down from a size 22 pre-op in Aug. to an 18/20 now. Its happening slowly but surely! liquids and protein...my mantra!

How are you this morning? Wow' date=' you really do go big! I hope the stones was why you were ill and everything else is good! Praying for you, Hun.

As for regrets...I still have a mini pity party every week now at 4 weeks post-op-it's better than every day right after surgery! It's normal- your body and mind went through a lot just to have sleeve done. It does get better, I promise! Now that I'm back to work full time, except for being tired around 2pm (my post-op nap time!) and eating like a baby (on puree), I feel great! No pain when I cough or sneeze (I used to die! Hiatal hernia repaired w/sleeve -ouch!) I'm down from a size 22 pre-op in Aug. to an 18/20 now. Its happening slowly but surely! Liquids and protein...my mantra![/quote']

Thank Holly! I am doing okay. Still have stones, but for the most part ok. I'm going to go without milk products today and see if the nausea gets better since I am nauseas when I eat. Well see its just trial and error. God is still teaching me patience since I'm too stubborn! Haha I will be 4 wks post op Tuesday and kinda feel like u haven't made much progress intake wise. I'm running out if ideas now that I'm cutting back milk products. I'm sick of refried Beans, eggs, and tuna. I'm very picky. I'm going to try cooking chicken in the crockpot and purée that. I also would like to start working out this week but with the kidney stones so unpredictable right now I need to stick close to home. :(

I have anxiety as well.... It has only became worse since the surgery. I stood up one day and almost passed out, it scared me to death! So now I always think something is wrong with my new stomach . Every little pain... I question it, and get myself so worked up. I had my surgery on the 18th and I thought I would be getting better, but sometimes I feel worse. Any advice?

I have anxiety as well.... It has only became worse since the surgery. I stood up one day and almost passed out' date=' it scared me to death! So now I always think something is wrong with my new stomach . Every little pain... I question it, and get myself so worked up. I had my surgery on the 18th and I thought I would be getting better, but sometimes I feel worse. Any advice?[/quote']

Have you ever taken anything for it? I would make an appt with your dr. Also, if you put a rubber band around your wrist (sounds weird but works!) and when it starts coming on snap the rubber band keep snapping and you'll direct your attention to that instead of what your feeling anxious about. Good Luck I feel for ya!