Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH! I need advice. My surgeon told me yesterday to stop taking my diabetes meds 5 day s before surgery. My primary doc told me this morning NOT to stop taking them. THey don't present a bleeding risk or anything.

SO' date=' wtf do I do? Did you all have to stop your diabetes meds before surgery? I know if I call my surgeon he'll tell me what he told me yesterday, obviously.[/quote']

I had to stop 48 hours before surgery and still took my insulin up until the surgery day. I hope this helps.

Is anyone who is ready sleeved emotionally miserable? I'm having such a rough few days. I don't want to eat I just want to sleep. It's like I quit smoking cold turkey and post partum depression. I'm in such a funk! Anyone else? I was sleeved the 16th.

Is anyone who is ready sleeved emotionally miserable? I'm having such a rough few days. I don't want to eat I just want to sleep. It's like I quit smoking cold turkey and post partum depression. I'm in such a funk! Anyone else? I was sleeved the 16th.

I am not sleepy just bored I don't want to eat but then sometimes I do. I a housewife so I'm just home watching TV all day I walk an walk and walk but then I get bored. Not even in pain so ready for my follow up to see if I've lost any more weight. Hang in there hopefully it will get better for us.

I went thru a "post surgery depression" after I was sleeved on Oct. 1st. And it was just like when I quit smoking. All I wanted to do was sleep. I had no interest in reading, TV or even shopping! I found that once I started eating more and taking my B12 tablets again, I felt alot better. It will pass in time. Don't forget that this was major surgery and our bodies are still adjusting. Take care.

Two nights ago, I had a crying jag and I've been WAY overly emotional since surgery. I chalk it up to anesthesia, pain meds, recovery itself, spending so much time alone and the mind f*#k that this whole process it. It's painful and emotionally stressful.

I have no real advice. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.

{{{HUGS}}}

My surgery is tomorrow! I am so excited and although yesterday I was so scared, today I feel at peace and happy. It is exciting hearing everyone who went through this talking about their changes. Congrats to you and for those that are to come... Have a wonderful and safe journey!

My surgery is tomorrow! I am so excited and although yesterday I was so scared, today I feel at peace and happy. It is exciting hearing everyone who went through this talking about their changes. Congrats to you and for those that are to come... Have a wonderful and safe journey!

Good luck with your surgery! I had mine 9 days ago and it was the best decisioni in my life!

I had my surgery on the 15th but haven't really had any emotional funkiness. I can see that happening though...I can say that I didn't have very much energy until I was able to have more than just the clear liquid diet. I do notice that I have been taking at least an hour nap during the day. I have to remember that my body is still healing and I need to give it the rest it needs.

Thank you all! It's so nice to have this support! After having a 4 hour nap I had my friend come get me and take me to my old church. Feeling much better. I think I will be better once I get home to my hubby and have my car to get out of the house when I'm feeling down. My hubby and I had a long conversation today and this is quiting cold turkey. I just don't remember this when I had the band maybe it's knowing that this time it's definately a life long change not just a choice anymore. I'm praying for us. This too shall pass!!

My surgery is tomorrow! I am so excited and although yesterday I was so scared' date=' today I feel at peace and happy. It is exciting hearing everyone who went through this talking about their changes. Congrats to you and for those that are to come... Have a wonderful and safe journey![/quote']

Brennie, just remember that it's better to do something rather than nothing at all. None of us got this because we are weak. You too are strong!

We all will overcome this, my husband and I are separated but he came back to help take care of me, if he wasn't here I am sure I would be an emotional wreck. My struggles are with hunger, I am supposed to be on Water and Protein Shakes for another week. I cannot do the Protein shakes like before surgery and i cannot get in the 64 ozs of water. I have had broth, cream of wheat, Popsicles and cream of chicken Soup no more than 1/4 cup, no problems with any of them. It makes me nervous that I didn't have nausea or dumping, is that normal? Am I going to screw the whole procedure up if I can tolerate food so soon? These are the things that I struggle with, the future. I am able to walk a mile in under 20 min at the gym and that keeps me motivated.

To those having surgery soon, you will be fine and do just great. Have faith, stay confident and stay on this support website. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck ????

We all will overcome this' date=' my husband and I are separated but he came back to help take care of me, if he wasn't here I am sure I would be an emotional wreck. My struggles are with hunger, I am supposed to be on Water and Protein Shakes for another week. I cannot do the Protein shakes like before surgery and i cannot get in the 64 ozs of water. I have had broth, cream of wheat, Popsicles and cream of chicken Soup no more than 1/4 cup, no problems with any of them. It makes me nervous that I didn't have nausea or dumping, is that normal? Am I going to screw the whole procedure up if I can tolerate food so soon? These are the things that I struggle with, the future. I am able to walk a mile in under 20 min at the gym and that keeps me motivated.

To those having surgery soon, you will be fine and do just great. Have faith, stay confident and stay on this support website. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck dde03[/quote']

The things you are eating are all things in my list of what I can have now so I think you'll be ok just don't waiver too much. I did with my band and had problems. Every surgeon has a difference of opinion on what/when you should eat. Glad all is well!

holy crap, I cannot catch a break! my 17 month old daughter has had a cold all week and guess who now has it? Yup, 6 days before surgery and I have a cold. I'm hoping I can rest it off this weekend. If I still feel bad Monday I'll call the surgeon. I'm so upset and hoping this doesn't mean I can't have surgery next week. :(

Hey there! I've been on an emotional roller coaster ride since surgery on 10/11/12! My husband, daughters and poor mom (who is here from Florida to help me!) cannot escape the wrath! Major hormone release I'm assuming since it feels so uncontrollable like when I had PMS! (Thank God I'm past that part of life!) I do miss chewing, but I know I'm losing weight so it helps me get by. I'm just praying my emotional and physical health improve more and more each day, not just for me, but for my family!

I had a cold a week before surgery too, I stayed in bed, took sudafed and Benadryl. It's really up to the anesthesiologist, your lungs have to be clear. Good luck