Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Read And Help!

So sorry to hear of your ordeal - positiveness and prayers going up - please keep us posted.

Let me know the doctors' name I have certain pull on twitter/facebook etc. I've talked to corporate at a number of companies.

I also do online reputation management, and I have used my blog to dish out negative pr. If I wanted I could probably get him fired in a heart beat. Let me know... For an example of my work google allstate sucks lol I was ranked #1 for that term. Needless to say corporate called me within a day of writing my post.

If nobody will stand up for your rights I will.

Just pm me if interested.

Wow, I don't really have a lot to offer in terms of advice but just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your experience! Get another opinion asap! It could save your life! I understand it is out of pocket, but one consultation won't be that expensive and then you could go from there. your doctor sounds very unprofessional!

I have also heard of this happening when a person dumps. Can you give us an example of what a food day looks like? I agree with someone above who said your body may still be healing, that is some major stuff to go through (I know, I had about 2/3 of the same problems, leak, pneumonia, chest tubes, Fluid in my lungs, abscess, feeding tube here). It's rough. Are you still on pain meds? They could be making you sick also.

It sounds like something is still wrong. I've heard some gastric bypass patients experience sweating as part of dumping syndrome, but our stomachs are intact from the esophagus to the pylorus, just smaller. I had sugery 4/6 with no problems, and have never broken into a sweat from eating. Time for a second opinion, carefully documenting your previous care and moving forward dilegently monitoring your health. You deserved better care, now is the time to fight for yourself.

It sounds like something is still wrong. I've heard some gastric bypass patients experience sweating as part of dumping syndrome, but our stomachs are intact from the esophagus to the pylorus, just smaller. I had sugery 4/6 with no problems, and have never broken into a sweat from eating. Time for a second opinion, carefully documenting your previous care and moving forward dilegently monitoring your health. You deserved better care, now is the time to fight for yourself.

I sometimes sweat after eating hot food. I'm six months post op and it happens frequently. I will discuss it with the dr soon. Good luck and God bless u.

I had the sleeve done 4-12' date=' and had lots of complications. My dr didn't check for leaks before hosp discharge and I was back in a week to ER. They gave me fld and the next day dr to me I had a spleen infarction and sent me home. The next week I was back in ER very sick. For 3 days the dr and radiologist argues if it was a leak or pneumonia, finally deciding both. They placed a drain in and doing so they punctured my lung. The next day they put in a chest tube to re-inflate my lung, but in doing so they drug infection from the leak into my Lung and caused an encapsulated pneumonia. I ended up having a thorancotomy (decortication) leaving me with 2 chest tubes, feeding me with TPN, and in hosp for 25 days! Well, now I'm out of hosp, been out 3 weeks and I had a EGD and he clamped a "ulcer/pocket" 2 weeks ago and I am suppost to pass this clamp in a few weeks. Anyway... I am so nauseated and weak. Every time I eat anything I sweat profusely and I can only get a few bites down. Is this sweating reaction normal? I know I said a lot to get here. But I don't know if my body is still sick, or if this is a normal reaction in the beginning of the sleeve process. I really want to get a second opinion. Any response will be appreciated, thanks.[/quote']

That is called gustatory sweating and occurs in people that don't have weight loss surgery. Others get a runny nose after eating. I do!

I wanted to add that I am praying for you to 1st heal and 2nd after you are healed and living a healthy life I am praying that you will recieve so compensation and justice for all that you have been through. At the minimum please be sure that you are writing down everything now while you are still ill so that when life is good and you are back to normal you dont forget the torture you are feeling now. Lots of hugs to you!

I am so Sorry for your situation, to answer your question, no sweats at all during the first few weeks. It sounds like you may have an infection or still leaking, did they repair the leak? I understand your situation, but you need to at least consult with an attorney, the doctor should not have said that to you "the procedure was your choice, darlin" that is so condensending its ridiculous not to mention very un-professional!

My prayers and thoughts are with you!

Wow! Gustatory sweating , and I do get the runny nose! Thanks , I am getting in touch with a lawyer. Things have been better the last few day, no nausea and eating better

Well, I hate to say it but the hospital is where I work! The hospital isn't at fault, but the dr is. While I was there I think other fellow nurses wanted to say run from him, but couldn't because they work there, too. I know I need to call a lawyer, but I have to still see this dr until I get better, if I see another one it will be out of network and at my expense. I forgot to tell you the worst part. When I was questing him about my symptoms, he said ( and I quote)" this procedure was your choice darling." I really just wanted to know if anyone experienced sweating when they ate.

Sue the crap outa him! He doesnt need to get ahold of anyone else!!!!!!! I'll keep you in my prayers!

I'd also find another doctor!

How do I find out about this gustatory sweating? Is there a website?

How do I find out about this gustatory sweating? Is there a website?

Sounds a little like dumping to me!

Dumping syndrome is an effective result of the gastric bypass system which alerts the body of inappropriate eating. Dumping syndrome is described as a shock-like state when small, easily absorbed food particles rapidly dump into the digestive system. This results in a very unpleasant feeling with symptoms such as a cold clammy sweat, pallor, butterflies in the stomach and a pounding pulse. These symptoms may be followed by cramps and diarrhea. This state can last for 30-60 minutes and is quite uncomfortable.

That was the clinical description of dumping.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/36837

I am sweating, but I don't think this is dumping, because I am not having any of the other symptoms that were listed. By the way, I live in OKC and this dr is the main dr for Integris. I can't say more because I want to pursue legally. I tried to get an appt today to see why I am still feeling so bad, and I was put on hold, then told I needed to get my fld and Protein and let them know of any changes. I was appalled!! Of course I know these things!! I have been trying to do all the right things. I asked why I wasn't tolerating wk, put on hold again and then told I could go back parttime or not, either way just send them the paperwork. NO. NO appt for me!! They wouldn't Give me an appt!! I am so angry. Called a lawyer.