Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bay Area California Sleevers?

dr baggs is really nice. he did my explor lap ( kaiser did not do my sleeve - i did notqualify). anyway' date=' congrats!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Why didnt you qualify? Dr Baggs is awesome! I also hear good things about Dr Im. I would have had a good laugh or two with Dr Fisher though he's a spitfire!

Thats great I was just rescheduled for next week too. I guess the psych is out for this week. Its better though because Ive only lost a pound since last week. I was at goal too, but Dr. fisher wanted me to lose an extra 8lbs before surgery. hopefully i will be scheduled soon also. Im hoping befor the end of November. Good luck to you!

Yeah I got that call today! How are you doing with the pre op diet? Do you find it to be easy? Why does he want you to lose 8 more pounds?

I dont really know why he wants the extra 8 he just said it will make the surgery easier. To be honest I havent actually been following the pre op diet I had been doing my own thing. but I plan on starting tomorrow he seemed to want me to get the last 8 off quickly. He told me to eat just the protien and vegetables no dairy or fruit. Thats kinda hard for me because thats what I do eat. I eat yogurt in the morning and then a vegetable fruit smoothie for lunch and a light dinner. i was out of town last week and my car broke down so I was stuck for a little over a week. I had a really hard time because my family eats very different and rather than being difficult I tried to just eat smaller portions. Still it was hard they have desert every night and my brother was visiting from Hawaii so it was a celebration every night. So glad to be home even though I miss them. It made me realize that these things happen and Im going to have to be prepared. So a lesson learned :rolleyes:

It's easy when you get used to it I was able to hit goal and be surgery ready because I've followed it I'd says 80% of the time. I just eat meat and veggies and apples when i do eat fruit

thanx, Ill try that. hopefully I will be ready soon. I just want to get started before the holidays, I think it would be easier. Have you checked out you tube there is a blog I follow called, proof weight loss surgery works. It is very motivating. If you havent you should check it out. Keep in touch. I would like to know when you get your surgery date. There are 3 of us here going to Richmond Kaiser, and at about the same stage it would be nice to follow each other and maybe even get together at some point.... :rolleyes:

Marcia

I'm from Santa Clara but now live in Texas! If I'm ever in town! ;) good luck!!!

hey Jules or tatertotz, have either of you been to the Bariatric lifestyles class. I have it tomorrow its a 2 hour class, just wondered what it was exactly. If either one of you have gone let me know. I didnt realize it was one of the requirements before surgery date until I read the binder again. I also will be attending the next support group if either of you are going let me know, this also is required....

thanx

Marcia

Hi Marcia

I don't think I've taken that one yet. I had a 2 hour class I had to take before I could get a referral, and then had the 4 hour class where they gave me the binder.< /p>

Let me know how it is and what it's like :)

I will be at the next support group on Nov 7. I'd love to meet you in person :)

Hope your week is going great so far

Jules

Yes I am having a good week, Im home so that is good. Hope you are having a better week too. I will be at the support group on the 7th too! :D I will let you know what tomorrows class is like. Im nervouse about getting weighed, but oh well. I guess there are going to be ups and downs. It just really made me think, after the surgery I cant eat the wrong thing just because Im not home. I need to be more prepared. Big commitment!!!! :unsure:

Marcia

Hey Marcia

Checking in to see how your week went? And how was the class?

Jules :)

Hi Jules, my week was really busy. I was not able to make the appointment so I have been rescheduled. I believe it is Nov 14, if you are interested. I think Im going to need a new car. :( I hate going through that whole process, and I love my old car. My psych appointment is this coming Wednsday. Ive lost a couple pounds so Im feeling good about that. The only thing that has me a little down is that so many people keep saying I shouldnt be doing this because of my age....I just dont see why age should matter, Im doing this to be healthier. I know they mean well but they make me feel like I should give up....But I wont, age has always just been a number for me.

How are you doing, and how was your week? I hope you are doing well and feeling positive about the process.

Marcia :D

yeah, fisher is great. he said if i go 4 weeks without tube feeding, no vomiting and maintaining enough nourishment orally, my jpeg can come out. i am on day 10 but having a hard time eating. i am down 33 and have about 35 to go. the bariatric team at richmond is great. you all can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you feel better soon....your weight loss is great! Im so happy to hear you speaking about Richmond being so good. I keep going back and forth on the whole thing. My family is really against it recently. They think because Ive lost weight once again I should be able to continue on my own. They dont understand that I feel to reach my healthiest weight that this tool would really help. I think some think that because I am 53, I shouldnt risk the surgery. But because I am 53, I feel I need to do this now instead of later. I thought about this years ago and then didnt do it because of what others thought. So I am trying to stay motivated. I have learned alot about my triggers, I am definatly an emotional eater. Im kinda bummed because the last couple days havent done to good on diet. Today was really bad. It just feels like I blew a whole wee of doing good in two days.....But tomorrow I hope to be back on track.....Good luck to you and thank you, your words give me confidence to continue the journey..

Marcia

marcia

i had a call from dr fisher -richmond doc...just checking on me. he made me feel so good. he always follows through, too. hang in there. i know it it is hard when your fam/friends doubt your decision -but follow your instincts. dr fisher would not allow you to have the surgery if he felt you are not a canidate. stay true to your heart and you will continue to do great. be nice to yourself...you deserve the best.

trish