Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And wait with me while I await this phone call back from the lending office. This is my make or break phonecall! If I don't get approved for this finance I'm not sure how I will be able to afford this surgery. I put my fiancee as a co-signer who makes really good money and has excellent credit. My credit is OK but not amazing, but I make significantly less money than he does. But I don't know why I just feel like I have a 50/50 chance even with his co-signature.

She called to verify a few things and stated she would be calling back TODAY to let me know the results of my application. So please hold my hand and pray with me that everything goes through alright! I'm so excited and nervous and 5000000000000000000 emotions are swirling!!

Praying all works out!!!

Hoping by now you've got your positive answer. :) Good luck!!

Good luck!!

Holding your hand...best of luck to you!

In tears of course... I mean it always happens when I could really use something. They only approved $7,500 when I need $18,065. I don't know where on earth I would come up with $11,000.

If this is for your surgery, I would consider going to Mexico. From what I've heard, they do a superior job! :) And it's in your price range. ;)

Mexico isn't in my price range because you can't finance it, that I know of.

The specific surgeon you go to has to have CareCredit available to them. For this surgeon CareCredit only covers the Lap-Band.

And no offense to Mexico surgery or people who had it but that really isn't for me. I can't justify going to another country and having little hope of followup care where I actually live. I don't feel comfortable with that. But even if I was able to get over that, I don't have a way to pay for it.

The financing of $7,500 is only for the surgeon that I applied for, and the surgeon has to be one that accepts the financing or whatever. Idk.

Mexico isn't in my price range because you can't finance it' date=' that I know of.

The specific surgeon you go to has to have CareCredit available to them. For this surgeon CareCredit only covers the Lap-Band.

And no offense to Mexico surgery or people who had it but that really isn't for me. I can't justify going to another country and having little hope of followup care where I actually live. I don't feel comfortable with that. But even if I was able to get over that, I don't have a way to pay for it.

The financing of 7,500 is only for the surgeon that I applied for, and the surgeon has to be one that accepts the financing or whatever. Idk.[/quote']

Try going to a bank. Do you own your home or car? Try to do a secured loan using one of those things as collateral. That way the money you're approved for can be used any where with any reason. If you get approved for enough to have the surgery in the US then great, if you only get enough to do the surgery in Mexico then you can start to really look into it and see what your options there are.

The bottom line is you can't give up. If you know in your heart that this is for you then you have to fight for it! You can get this done! :] good luck!

I'm sorry that they didn't provide the financing that you had hoped for. Is the Lap Band the surgery that you want? I'd be uncomfortable with choosing your surgery based on what the financing company will allow.

If your fiancee has great credit, and you have good credit, you should be able to apply for a personal loan through your bank or credit union. Maybe scroll through the Financing forums, there might be some additional ideas. The best self-pay option does seem to be going to Mexico - consider that you would obviously not be able to see the same doctor for follow-up visits, but you could still find a local doctor to do so. Just like when you move from place to place, you need to find a new doctor to work with.

Good luck to you!

There is a surgery center in the Dallas area the is doing sleeves for $8K

I'm not basing my surgery on money. I know the horror stories about a Lap-Band from this website I definitely don't want that. I can't use the financing money for something else other than the surgery for the surgeon I selected. I can't explain it any other way because I don't know why it's even like that.

I'm going to go through the financing threads and see where we can come up with about $10,000. Maybe he can apply for a credit card with that kind of allowance, I don't know.

There is still a small shimmer of hope as we had put down some estimates that turned out being a bit lower than actual and she's calling me back in the morning to let me know if there is a difference.

It just turns out that there were some numbers not being implemented accurately but I have to wait until morning to see what the difference will be. I still need hands and prayers. I can pay up to like maybe $4-5,000 through my fiancee being such a super amazing man. So let's see if this will work.

Another thing you might consider is talking to the surgeon. As long as you have he finances together to pay for everything except his fee, he may be willing to carry an in house note for the remainder of his fee.