Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOTC thread...Why NOT to post when your angry

I am a Registered nurse. Trust me when I say that I have been at the bedside and many people do then wonder about the next step and reach out to God. I don't think that people should offers opinions about it until they have been there. I have for 15 YEARS! I am glad you asked....

Until you have been at bedside of dying people for 15 years, you really should not comment on why people say, "Oh, God" at death........ Sure many people say it like "oh dear" thats not the point, is it? We are talking about people who DO NOT believe that God exists and on their death bed call out for him..... By the way, Believing that god exists and having a personal relationship are two different things....... Even satan knows that God exists..... How far will that get him??? I guess some of you don't believe that satan exists either........ that is exactly what he wants you to beleive...... I will not comment further. It is not my intention to use this great website to cause friction......... we all have our opinions. I am simply stating mine. Now back business....

I'll tell you how they know that in in recent studies, they put a camera in vehicles to record the responses and reactions that people have just before they have a car crash or an accident.

1. In New York it was filmed that a woman driving just befor she crashed said " Oh My God, hold on.

2. California: Oh God, please don't let me die,

but in Texas a strange thing was recorded:

the driver was recorded and videoed by saying to the passenger just before the crash,

"HERE, HOLD MY BEER and Watch this crap" LOL

Just kidding,

Lighten up folks we all have bad days! Life is too short.....

I'm just curious how you know that? Or is it just a saying that you heard someone else say once? I mean, how many non-believers in their dying hour have you been around? Just curious. I love this thread. I value EVERYONE'S opinon. This just made me curious.

Enough said?

by Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"

I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."

I'm whispering "I was lost,

Now I'm found and forgiven."

I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble

and need Christ to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong.

I'm professing that I'm weak

And need His strength to carry on.

I'm not bragging of success.

I'm admitting I have failed

And need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,

My flaws are far too visible

But, God believes I am worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain.

I have my share of heartaches

So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner

Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Amen, Sister!!:clap2:

Until you have been at bedside of dying people for 15 years, you really should not comment on why people say, "Oh, God" at death........ Sure many people say it like "oh dear" thats not the point, is it? We are talking about people who DO NOT believe that God exists and on their death bed call out for him..... By the way, Believing that god exists and having a personal relationship are two different things....... Even satan knows that God exists..... How far will that get him??? I guess some of you don't believe that satan exists either........ that is exactly what he wants you to beleive...... I will not comment further. It is not my intention to use this great website to cause friction......... we all have our opinions. I am simply stating mine. Now back business....

A lot of people say "Oh God", "Dear Jesus", "Oh my Lord" as they are reaching orgasm.

So what does that prove?

OK, THAT got a chuckle outta this Catholic, Tired Old Man...

TOO Funny!!

(Note to self: Be more careful what you say in bed. *blushing*)

A lot of people say "Oh God", "Dear Jesus", "Oh my Lord" as they are reaching orgasm.

So what does that prove?

Well Duh, it proves that there is indeed a Heaven.

And we know how to find it. :angel:

When I am reaching the "BIG O" I usually shout the following: OH PERSON WHO DOES NOT EXIST IN PLACE THAT DOES NOT EXIST, OR MAYBE I'M WRONG BUT JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET, OR IT MIGHT POSSIBLY BE TOO LATE BUT THIS FEELS REAL GOOD, COULD THIS BE WHAT THAT FICTIONAL PLACE IS REALLY ABOUT, OH! Just kidding. hmmmm. wonder why I can't keep a man. Does that seem to long and like a turn-off? LOL,

Tired Old Man, I must congratulate you on having the most appropriate name of all the users I have ever encountered on LBT.

You really do sound like.... a tired old man :D

(this post is all in good jest, just incase you think I am being mean).

When I am reaching the "BIG O" I usually shout the following: OH PERSON WHO DOES NOT EXIST IN PLACE THAT DOES NOT EXIST, OR MAYBE I'M WRONG BUT JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET, OR IT MIGHT POSSIBLY BE TOO LATE BUT THIS FEELS REAL GOOD, COULD THIS BE WHAT THAT FICTIONAL PLACE IS REALLY ABOUT, OH! Just kidding. hmmmm. wonder why I can't keep a man. Does that seem to long and like a turn-off? LOL,

I think that sounded great!

More women should talk dirty like this in bed.

It could be an Eye of the Beholder thing.

My mother is 83-years-old and has just moved to Assisted Living. One of the questions they ask is the resident's religious preference. She wrote "Raised Catholic but no religion now...please leave me alone."

Does that stop the well-intentioned people who are convinced it's okay to be deceitful if doing "God's work?" Uh...no. So they stop by to welcome her, AND to proffer non-stop invitations to join their services...and they are relentless, in spite of her "please leave me alone" comment. And I'm sure they are all convinced that she is "moving in the way of the lord," because Mother tries to be polite and that's how THEY perceive her politeness. (When they leave, she calls me and says, "I almost told them to get the F out of my way...")

It rains? Thank God. It STOPS raining? Thank God. Someone SURVIVED the crash? God protected them. Someone DIED in the crash? God wanted them home. They were running late for an appointment, but traffic was light? God did that, too. If that is how someone perceives the world, what they see is is STRONGLY influenced by their belief system...and that belief system influences how they percieve everything.

Not to mention that, as you know, dying people are often under the influence of drugs AND have other physical problems that interfere with their processing information and communicating what they are thinking...IF they are thinking.

(And, no, of course I don't believe in Satan...or any other mystical or spiritual stuff.)

Most of us I'm sure have had some sort of religous influnce in our lives.

Mine is as follows:

My mom is a non denominational church,

My grandparants were Pentecostal

My great grandmother was a God fearing Baptist Which I was raised that way.

My late husband was a catholic

his mother and family were Johova Witness,

My current husband is a Presbyterian,

one of my sons doesnt really beleive in anything

So with all of that education I believe that what ever we choose to believe or not believe in is our own business, we find our own path.

For the record, I believe there is something greater than I, maybe that power is within me and I'll tap it one day.

Good Love to all