Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Federal Bc/bs, I Dont Have Weights For 2 Consecutive Years, Help!

Have weights for the past year and then there is a 2 1/2 year gap and then off an on for past 5 years prior to that. Do u think I will be okay? Also, my surgeons office says that they only require 3 consecutive months of doctors diet not a full 90 days. Has anyone heard of this? Do u think I will have problems with approval? Any comments would be appreciated.

your dr might not require the 90 days,(which is 3 months by the way) but its your insurance that is the master here.its what they require for approval

I didnt have the 2 years medical records even though I could have proved otherwise I have been overweight almost my whole adult life. I was denied by aetna and had to wait until the year ended (8 months) to re-apply again. Happy to say I got it after the second try. I started my journey in July of 2010 and just got sleeved this past april.

I have federal also and they required me to do a full three months visit with the doctor and dietican. I also had to see a trainer one time and a psychologist. I was approved on mothers day and I get sleeved July 12

I think you will be fine. Do you have standard or basic? I was just approved for june 25th. It took about 3days to be approved. Do you have co-morbities? If so that will help the process. I didn't have to do the 3mo diet since I had records of me attending a weight loss program on my own(bariatric clinic). BCBS fed. has been really good so far! Keep me posted.

I have basic. I saw someone post that she was denied and had to wait 8 months to reapply, why so long or did that give you your 2 years of weights? Sorry, just want this so bad!

I weigh 220 pounds with a Bmi of 30.... I still got approved because of the Heath coordinator at the clinic here... I'm sure u will be aporoved

I just got the call from federal bc/bs! I got approved!!!!!! I now have to wait for letter from office to set my surgery date. They said it got approved Friday afternoon and my office submitted Wednesday morning, very fast! Thanks again guys for everything.

I just got the call from federal bc/bs! I got approved!!!!!! I now have to wait for letter from office to set my surgery date. They said it got approved Friday afternoon and my office submitted Wednesday morning' date=' very fast! Thanks again guys for everything.[/quote']

Just stumbled on this post bcbs is amazing i have it as well. Congrats and good luck with your surgery. [=

-d'andra

Yay!!! Told you it wouldn't be a problem :) Now you can focus on preparing for your new life.