Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im an hour away from my appt at 7am. I cried last night but realized I'm doing the right thing. Finishing up my hair and hospitals about 15 mins away :) be strong ladies!! See y'all soon :)

Thoughts and prayers with all the slevvers today. I woll be sending positive enery your way today and for the next few days. At day 24 post op,IF you follow post op care instructions, the worst was the first night coming off anesthia and getting the gas out. Walk a little asap for the surgical gas. Push the button for pain. In 3-4 you will already feel the new you! Look forward to hearing from you!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thoughts and prayers with all the slevvers today. I woll be sending positive enery your way today and for the next few days. At day 24 post op' date='IF you follow post op care instructions, the worst was the first night coming off anesthia and getting the gas out. Walk a little asap for the surgical gas. Push the button for pain. In 3-4 you will already feel the new you! Look forward to hearing from you!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I'm feeling pretty good now. I'm on my liquids now and burping a lot more. I've been walking a lot too the tightness in my chest is gone just have small pain when I inhale hard laugh or cough. Is that normal?

I'm feeling pretty good now. I'm on my liquids now and burping a lot more. I've been walking a lot too the tightness in my chest is gone just have small pain when I inhale hard laugh or cough. Is that normal?

Glad everything went well. They pumped us up with gas that has to come out one of two ends. It took mine a few days to all come out. Then I stopped all pain meds day 3 post op so I could feel what was going on. I felt like I had been kicked in the gut and yes I was tender around the incisions and do recall holding my belly when laughing. Guess we all feel pain a little differently and to different degrees. If that is your only discomfort and you are not experiencing any of the warning signs for infection or leaking, then sounds like you are right on track. It gets better every day. Keep walking, don't exhaust yourself or pick up anything heavier than a gallon of milk which is 8 pounds. Sip very slowly. Yay you!!!!!In a week you will feel like a new person, if not sooner!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Glad everything went well. They pumped us up with gas that has to come out one of two ends. It took mine a few days to all come out. Then I stopped all pain meds day 3 post op so I could feel what was going on. I felt like I had been kicked in the gut and yes I was tender around the incisions and do recall holding my belly when laughing. Guess we all feel pain a little differently and to different degrees. If that is your only discomfort and you are not experiencing any of the warning signs for infection or leaking' date=' then sounds like you are right on track. It gets better every day. Keep walking, don't exhaust yourself or pick up anything heavier than a gallon of milk which is 8 pounds. Sip very slowly. Yay you!!!!!In a week you will feel like a new person, if not sooner!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Thank you:) I feel awesome already lol

I am so excited for all of you and I hope to see more posts from you all soon!! MinaT and Karen, You 2 crack me up!!!!

Doing well came home yesterday. Trying to sip n walk. Don't have any gas left just soreness. Hope everyone else is doing great.

I just got home today! I wasn't allowed to walk for the first 24 hours because I lost two liters of blood. The Dr said it may take me a little while to get my strength back. I feel bruised on the inside and also had a nasty headache this morning that just wouldn't go away. I just noticed on my zofran bottel that is says "may cause headaches". I did not eat anything in the hospital but ice chips, the broth would get way too cold and the Jello was ok and I will probably eat it tomrrow so I can take my PPI. My Dr says not too worry the first week because he has me pumped so full of Fluid that I probably won't ge dehydrated for days. My feet, ankles and fingers all look like little sausages.

I just got home today! I wasn't allowed to walk for the first 24 hours because I lost two liters of blood. The Dr said it may take me a little while to get my strength back. I feel bruised on the inside and also had a nasty headache this morning that just wouldn't go away. I just noticed on my zofran bottel that is says "may cause headaches". I did not eat anything in the hospital but ice chips' date=' the broth would get way too cold and the Jello was ok and I will probably eat it tomrrow so I can take my PPI. My Dr says not too worry the first week because he has me pumped so full of Fluid that I probably won't ge dehydrated for days. My feet, ankles and fingers all look like little sausages.[/quote']

Oh gosh Karen you poor thing! Why did you loose so much blood? That is my worst nightmare because I cannot have a blood transfusion. I hope your recovery goes well!

Faganberry - I had a very large blood vessel going into the spleen and the Dr's instrument was not large enough to cut and cauterzie as the same time. The Dr made sure to have all the instruments prepared and in the end I have not needed a transfusion. Now this make have been partly due to the Lymphoma I had in 89 since the spleen is a lymphatic organ. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the only complication I have.

Faganberry - I had a very large blood vessel going into the spleen and the Dr's instrument was not large enough to cut and cauterzie as the same time. The Dr made sure to have all the instruments prepared and in the end I have not needed a transfusion. Now this make have been partly due to the Lymphoma I had in 89 since the spleen is a lymphatic organ. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the only complication I have.

Oh me too, I'm rooting for you!

Faganberry - did you have Lymphoma? Or just a big vein to your spleen?

Faganberry - did you have Lymphoma? Or just a big vein to your spleen?

Neither, the "me too" was for hoping you have no further complications!

Has anyone heard from Mina T since her surgery on June 4? I can't find any posts from her. Thanks!

I haven't seen anything from Mina either. I'm wondering what else y'all are drinking. I've been on Water crystal light n Jello gave me heartburn. Anything else y'all reccomend me drinking?

I found on another post that she is not posting until she gets back tomorrow. We should hear from her then.