Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Exercise Idea Help

I can not afford a gym membership. Or to buy equipment for the house. Right now I use a bottle of Water for my weights and my elastic belt. I also walk the dog and run after the kids. But I always has the problem that my belly is big and I am consider an apple shape. I am worry because the button of my belly is hanging like saddle bags what can be done now to reduced that the skin continuing to hang. I do exercise in my bed and also in a chair for now. And increasing my standing exercise but need idea for the hanging belly.

Check this out. Lots of great things to get started.

Toning your abs will help with belly skin as well. Try crunches or sit-ups. You're still pretty early post-op so you should start VERY slowly with crunches and sit-up as your stomach muscles are still healing. And you may not be able to do much right away. But whatever you can do without pushing too hard is a start. Then aim to push it just a tiny bit further every few days. Before you know it you'll be done lots of crunches and feeling the "core" benefits!

Wear a support garment (or two) when you walk or work out.

Try Flexees, Spanx or BellaBand for stomach support- some are more comfortable than others and all are sold at Target, JCPennys or Sears for under $35.

I carry most of my weight in the belly too and am similar weight as you- I always wear a support garment when working out. I like to run and find things dont jiggle or flap as bad when wearing them. I usually double up with belly support and a compression workout tank top.

Keep walking, do what you can do to work out at home and you will do fine.

second that, try to job at-least 2 mins jogging n walking for 30 mins, wear support, n don't forget to sip ur water! n Protein before or after exercise.

Wear a support garment (or two) when you walk or work out.

Try Flexees, Spanx or BellaBand for stomach support- some are more comfortable than others and all are sold at Target, JCPennys or Sears for under $35.

I carry most of my weight in the belly too and am similar weight as you- I always wear a support garment when working out. I like to run and find things dont jiggle or flap as bad when wearing them. I usually double up with belly support and a compression workout tank top.

Keep walking, do what you can do to work out at home and you will do fine.

thanks, i have three of them and wear it everyday.

I use a band atleast twice a week. Really inexpensive and tons of workouts! Googling workouts at home will get you tons of exercises! Find some things to use around the house as weights. Cans of veggies? Also you need full body workouts. A hundred crunches a day will kill you and not really do as much as you think. Crunches only work the top ab muscles. You need some core exercises. Doing lunges, squats, Planks all will help.

Well, we lose weight all over our body and it sounds like your problem area is your abs/tummy. I recommend for you to try zumba/you-tube videos or dancing to your own music in the house. Put on your ipod or stereo and just dance away to increase your cardio for fat burning all over. I would also recommending walking up and down your stairs if you have stairs in the house, you can use the bottom two as a step aerobics bench and step away. So when you lose all over eventually you will lose around your tummy. Give yourself time at least one year after wt loss to see if your skin will shrink back into shape. If it dosen't shrink back then the skin may be too stretched out and you may have to get a Tummy Tuck because no matter how much you do tummy exercises (situps, etc) the skin will not go away. So I would concentrate on doing cardio exercises and burning that fat to lose all over. Good luck to you.