Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously people. ... You will lose. I am almost a year and a half out. I have never ever gained weight. I was a slow loser but very consistent none the less. I keep losing. Its impossible for me to gain weight. Wait til you get to where I am. I worry that my body won't know when to stop losing weight !!! Believe it or not , you will all lose.

I've seen a few passive aggressive posts (my family is fluent in pa) and those they kind of manipulated supportive replies that way. Did it frustrate me? Heck yeah! But that's just how these people are.

LadyIvy, keep posting. You've shared some really great insights in the past. And I guess I'll meet you over at the r&r!

I wish I could be better at the "passive" part of PA.

I've called someone out here one time (well, one time intentionally, anyway). It was a question that was just too much. To answer it, you would have had to be able to predict the future. And I was just like -- how on earth could anyone possibly answer that question, so why on earth would you ask it??? And I (not very passively) sort of called the person out a little, and in return was called a bisexual. Well, I thought I was called a bisexual, because the person typed "bi," but it was pointed out to me that it was probably a truncated "b!tch." It ended up quite amusing. :)

^ I'm also too literal for my own good, sometimes, even though I can be a fairly abstract person. DH thinks I do it to be frustrating, but it really is just how my mind works (I would be classified as a "concrete random" in some brain circles).

Why don't you just go to another forum....? Maybe that would help your frustration.

Well put.

keepin it real ;)

Very true, I had surgery may 15th and only lost 4 pounds. I find it hard as I hear everyone loosing 20-40 pounds and complaining that it isn't enough! I just hope to lose that kind of weight.

Kysia, I am SOO with you. 4 weeks out on Monday and only 6 pounds so far. I Find it hard to relate to the "why haven't I lost more than 20 pounds in a month" crowd. :(:) Good luck to you! Hopefully we will be updating soon with good news!

rizabonita and kellythestar

That was just straight up negative.

I think the op brings up a good point. I often find it EXTREMELY demoralizing to read the "I've only lost 50lbs in 2 months, what's wrong with me?" posts. They make me feel like a failure.

She's not trying to make anyone feel bad. She may be pointing out that some people's expectations aren't based on reality...

I, by no means, meant to be 'negative' or rude. I simply agreed that maybe she shouldn't waste her time reading what she doesnt find interesting. I think we are all entitled to our own opinion, and thank goodness for this forum where we can discuss anything with fellow VSG ppl.

keepin it real ;)

Well, each of us is entitled to our opinions and I think they should be respected, even if we disagree... Common sense and logic as it relates to non-factual information/emotional stuff is all relative, thus when we say, that's common sense... it very well may be for us and not for another person...

I think it's our responsible as members of this board to do our best to be as mindful of the plight of others as possible, while still expressing our views.. As readers, we should understand that just because someone is frustrated, happy, sad, etc. ... does not mean they were addressing it to us or our situations... Many people choose to be offended by posts and people that they don't know... Some people try to offend because of several reasons.. Each category of persons should learn to embrace where they are and if there is something they want/need to change or do... Do it!!! Deal with self first!!!

I understand fully that this is an emotional journey and we all need support... BUT, we should not ALLOW other people to make use feel bad about out sleeve success... We each have an individual journey that should be respected... So, in a nutshell, if a person wants to vent about their fear of not losing the amount of weight that others are losing, say it..... If you're offended or frustrated by it... okay.. voice it... if you are offended, angered or somehow embittered because somebody voiced a frustration or offense... okay.. say it, feel it and let it go!!

In the grand scheme of things, all of the negativity (whether intentional or inferred or imaginary) doesn't is no comparison to the awesome and wonderful days of health, wealth and enjoyment we have in store for us...

Hopefully, no one is offended by this post because it came from a place of sincerity and support...

Well, each of us is entitled to our opinions and I think they should be respected, even if we disagree... Common sense and logic as it relates to non-factual information/emotional stuff is all relative, thus when we say, that's common sense... it very well may be for us and not for another person...

...hence my (almost daily) admonition that one man's "aha" is another man's "duh". :)

And that's daily in my real life, not here.

Mine too!!! I teach high school!!! LOL

I teach adults. :wacko: (kind of)

Well if I may add one little frustrating myself I've been stalled for over a month & quite frankly it's my own fault. BUT I should have gotten to 260 by now I barely eat I need hernia dilation. It will be done on the 31 st I'm down 73 pounds was sleeved on May 24 today is 5 months I'm so grateful yet frustrated. That is all...oh keep saying whatever you guys want as much as you want!!!

neek41