Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Surgery Pre-Op Diets Encouragement/vents

Oops, I miscounted - five days. I must be excited. Still haven't had nerves hit me yet. I'm sure they will all come out in tears as they are rolling me into the surgery room. Lol =T

I'm going to be deep cleaning today. My Mom is coming down to stay with me for 3 days to take care of me so I don't want her to worry about that. I wish my hubby could take time off, but since he just started a new (better) job, it'll be impossible for him. But, i'm just grateful I'll have my Mom here to watch me and my daughter.

Ok, ok...back to cleaning I go. ;)

Hey, today is about over somewhere, so really it is only 4 more days!!! ;)

How nice your Mom is coming to stay with you!! That will be helpful. I understand how hard it is when a husband changes jobs, but it's for a better job and in the long run it's worth it!

My first time I went to a bariatric clinic and did the intake and had the psych eval and my husband lost his job, I ended up quitting the program.

He's switched jobs several times over the past few years and he's finally settled. Luckily he will be able to take surgery day off on Monday, Tues & Wed. he's going to work 1/2 days and I'm suppose to come home Thursday so he took Thursday & Friday off. My son has one more week of school left and he'll be off for a month before 2nd semester of summer college starts, so I'm grateful.

Good luck with the cleaning, I'm going to make myself a delicious cup of strawberry New Direction (Elmer's Glue) and then do the gazelle again.

My mom is coming to stay with me for a couple days as well. We will be taking care of each other though. She had three disks in her neck fused. It'll just be nice having her around for company. She's usually one who can't sit still and was planning an deep cleaning my house before she found out she had to have her surgery. This just means I'll have to do it ahead of time so it'll be easy to maintain.

Van, glad your mom is coming to stay with you, best wishes and prayers for your Mother's surgery.

MinaT - you and I are so much alike! Wish I could stay away from this site but I can't, all I do is read read read and then try to prepare myself for complications. I had to laugh at your charts! I run Excell spreadsheets for my bills and tasks that need doing - probably because I'm a former project manager. I did the same with all my pre-surgery stuff too, in fact I have a spreadsheet that is tracking my carbs since my Dr requires the pre-op diet be 30 days of 30g or less of carbs. I tried to give me a copy at my pre-op and he said he trusted me... LOL.

Haha, I use myfitnesspal.com and still even use it for these stupid shakes. We had to do a six month food tracking and were expected to have 80 grams a Protein and 45-75 of carbs then the 14 days of 3 shakes a day, they laughed when my report for the food, exercise and Water diary was handed to them how detailed I was with exercises etc.

I'm feeling guilty because I know I won't be able to keep up with June Sleevers while I'm in the hospital, I'm bringing a kindle not a laptop. I hate laptops but maybe my husband will help me out lol.

I just got off the phone with the head nurse of the bariatric clinic, she's allowing me to bring a box of variety pack and a box of chocolate in to exchange for strawberry. Thank goodness, I'm so sick of chocolate I can barely stand it. I drank a Chocolate Protein shake Pure Protein 100% whey Frosty shake every day for six months and loved them, the New Direction is getting to me lol.

I asked her about the binder and yes, I will be given a binder, some people like them, some don't I am glad I will be given one. She said that her and the nutritionist will be visiting me after I wake up in my room and she'll come down and walk with me, so I'm happy about that. If anyone uses healthy4life, Anna is awesome!!

Hey all! I got the nectar sample pack the other day. As I was looking at the "instructions" it mentioned to mix with Water and not milk. I wanted to check to see if any of you use the nectar drinks and what you used to mix it with. Just a little scared it'll be too watery!

THANKS!!!!

I use nectar products....you can mix it with Water and it tastes ok....I found some recipes on bariatricpanty.com that tells you what sf mixed drink you can mix it with for a good taste....like the lemon tea sample, I mixed it with some SF lemon iced tea, it smelled like pee (to me) but tasted pretty good...lol

I mixed the green apple with Water and that was pretty good, I wouldn't buy a tub of it but it was good....

Tried he lemon tea with just Water and it's pretty good! I think these with water will be a good lighter drink for later at night.

The skim milk during the pre-op adds too many unnecessary calories etc. so you have to mix it with Water. I always add ice to drinks and mix it in the magic bullet. Hard to believe we are getting so close to our first few Sleevers.

YES, you CAN do this!!

I had the option of doing a similar meal plan, but I figured I would rather go with what I know. The glucerna shakes aren't great, but I know I can stomach them. I have tried several Protein supplements over the years. None of them are great to me.

My doc says to do the pre-op for 10 days before the surgery, but I think I might do 11.I've bought some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and chike, and adkins prepacked shakes. Propel Water additives, too. GNC Protein puddings are allowed on my paper instructions. I sure want to do this right. Good luck to you all. A little scary but exciting, too.

How's everyone doing? Doing pretty good here. Ketosis is pretty gross, I swear I need to brush my teeth so much and though I brush, floss and use mouthwash, I wake up twice in the night to go potty and have to use mouthwash and I still wake up with the worst breath. I haven't had skim milk in almost two weeks and I have that spoiled milk breath lol.

Tomorrow is JUNE - HARD TO BELIEVE IT'S HERE ALREADY!!!

Hey all!! Just checking in! I am officially half way through my pre-op diet!!!!!!!!!! Today has been a great day :) I heard from most people I talk with that day 3/4 are the hardest, and so far that is true, but not in the same way I was expecting. I was thinking it was going to be that those were the day where I'd want to cheat the most, but they were the days where I could barely choke down my shakes. Yesterday I even skipped my last shake because I just couldn't do it. I've learned that last shake has to be something lighter...I've been using the nectar sample packets I bought and mixing them with Crystal Light Lemonade. Just can't do that 5th milk based shake. I also tried the Ensure Clear premade drinks, and they are decent. I think they may be good while I'm on clears to get some nutrients and Protein in!

Hope you all are doing awesome on your pre-ops. Love you all!

I'm on the last day of my pre-op diet before surgery. My worst day was feeling not well on Wed-Thursday which was almost the 5th-6th days of the 10 I had to do. Had some upper leg cramping Tuesday night which kept me awake; maybe that contributed (walking and more fluids seemed to calm the cramps). Then all was fine again for me.

Had one EAS and one adkins so far today. Propel Water, Diet V8 Splash berry, and took myself to my fav chummy neighborhood place I've had to avoid - they made me 3 oz of grilled chicken without oils and coated with yummy oregano, wonderful mixed veggies including my fav asparagus and boxed all the rest of the grilled chicken dinner in a plastic bag for me to freeze before I even saw it. (My doc has his patients eat that amount of fish or chicken or lean pork daily.)

I've been diligent on my pre-op. Hope it pays off tomorrow!

I am on day two of my unofficial preop diet. I am not supposed to start until Thursday, but I thought I would get a jump in it. Dumb! I am truly struggling already... I will push though, but it is tough.