Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow, after a month of crazy binging, I begin the liquid diet. I'm so anxious! Mom my asked me if I would reconsider the surgery if I lost a lot of weight on the liquid diet. I just stared at her. Of course I'go still going to do it! There's no backing out now. I just hope that they don't find out later on that vsg has negative effects. Like it knocks 10 points off your IQ or something. Is it worth it? Is life better in the other side of the scale? Can this liquid diet be done? What will I do with this newfound free time?

I'd give up 10 points of my IQ for this weight loss. From the way some people are treating me these days, I may have given up those points, too...at least in their eyes! ;)

You never know. Ghrelin has been linked to learning and memory, dementia, etc. So 50 years from now I'll be skinny (if my stall breaks any time during the next 50 years), but I won't remember why!

Tomorrow, after a month of crazy binging, I begin the liquid diet. I'm so anxious! Mom my asked me if I would reconsider the surgery if I lost a lot of weight on the liquid diet. I just stared at her. Of course I'go still going to do it! There's no backing out now. I just hope that they don't find out later on that vsg has negative effects. Like it knocks 10 points off your IQ or something. Is it worth it? Is life better in the other side of the scale? Can this liquid diet be done? What will I do with this newfound free time?

High ghrelin levels or administration of ghrelin-like drugs could also protect against certain forms of dementia, because aging and obesity are associated with a decline in ghrelin levels and an increased incidence of conditions of memory loss like Alzheimer’s disease.

The researchers also say it might be possible to use the hormone to develop new drugs to combat impaired learning and memory, but warn that weight gain may be a side effect.

The study has provided an advantage by boosting memory skills during food searches when animals are hungry. Learning and memory may be enhanced by high levels of ghrelin during food deprivation because animals need increased cognitive skills to track down food sources.

Well...I'm glad I've already earned my Masters and already completed 1 year of doctorial work....lol...

But if ghrelin only helps in finding food...if you write what you eat down, you should be good! :o))

:lol: LOL you guys are cracking me up!

What the heck - stupid and skinny MUST feel better than smart and fat! LOL

I look at it this way. If I lose this weight I increase my chances of being around to enjoy my forgetfulness and all the other things that come with old age. I will take it and be glad!

I just hope that they don't find out later on that vsg has negative effects. Like it knocks 10 points off your IQ or something.

Hi Sue

That statement is too funny, love it

kathy

I'm already scatter-brained, so nothing new is going to be happening with my memory. I'd rather be healthy and forgetful than unhealthy and obese