Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My whole life I been the black sheep.always over weight as a kid.my mom and sisters were beautiful and thin.I was big and awkward.I'm always way to worried what people think bout me.my weight has killed me inside being 389 at 6'0... No one understands what I'm going threw. I cry most nights...eating was the only joy I had.. so I had the surgery that my dad threw me into at the last minute wit only a month to get ready for this life xhamge. I been sleeved April 3rd.six weeks.I've lost 40lbs. I have no idea what I'm doing.no guidence, had the self paid surgery in Mexico I barely got any info when I left. I haven't been doing anything right.I feel so lost and hopeless.. I'm in more agony then I was before my surgery.I have no clue how much I should be eating or what.. I'm sure by now it doesn't matter since Im certain I already stretched my back.I'm trying to feel positive trying to do what I think is right but I'm failing miserably... No support at home or friends who understand.. I feel so hopeless..

My whole life I been the black sheep.always over weight as a kid.my mom and sisters were beautiful and thin.I was big and awkward.I'm always way to worried what people think bout me.my weight has killed me inside being 389 at 6'0... No one understands what I'm going threw. I cry most nights...eating was the only joy I had.. so I had the surgery that my dad threw me into at the last minute wit only a month to get ready for this life xhamge. I been sleeved April 3rd.six weeks.I've lost 40lbs. I have no idea what I'm doing.no guidence, had the self paid surgery in Mexico I barely got any info when I left. I haven't been doing anything right.I feel so lost and hopeless.. I'm in more agony then I was before my surgery.I have no clue how much I should be eating or what.. I'm sure by now it doesn't matter since Im certain I already stretched my back.I'm trying to feel positive trying to do what I think is right but I'm failing miserably... No support at home or friends who understand.. I feel so hopeless..

I am so sorry you are feeling like this. I haven't been sleeved yet. I have 3 months to wait. I'm the black sheep of the inlaw family, so I know what that feels like. But, I know how it is to cry because of your self esteem. I know what it's like to not have friends or family that understand. It sux! I don't have any advice on eating or anything since I haven't had it done yet, but no matter what, just remember God doesn't make junk. We are all perfect in His way. We damage our bodies and dont take care of them, so He made people to help us. I'm sure someone else will respond to this with some useful advice, I just want you to hang in there and take care of yourself!

It's very difficult to stretch your sleeve, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I can link you to the eating "yellow pages" that my surgeon and nutritionist recommend. Every diet plan is a little different but this one is pretty basic. You can find lots of tips throughout this site too.

Good luck to you!

http://www.mybrandnewlife.org/patient-stories-and-support/bariatric-dietitians-guide-to-successful-weight-loss/

Just pour over the posts on this forum, there is so much information you can learn from. Or purchase one of the books on Sleeve Gastrectomy, perhaps on Amazon.< /p>

There are several things that should be at the top of your list:

• Get at least 64 oz of fluids in daily - this can be Water, sugar free drinks, etc.
  • Do not drink with your meals (stop at least 30 min before and up to an hour after)
  • Get at least 70-90 grams of Protein per day (protein from meats/dairy/beans/eggs/fish)
  • (Supplement your Protein levels with Protein shakes if you need to)
  • With each meal, focus on protein first 60%, then veggies 30%, then carbs 10% (whole grains)
  • Get some exercise everyday - at least 30 minutes, more when you can
  • Track your fluids, protein, and calories - you should be getting 800-1200 calories (for your height/weight)
  • (I use myfitnesspal.com to keep my food journal up to date but you can use a notebook)
  • You need Vitamins, a good multi-Vitamin, Vitamin D3 1000 mg., and take B12 - 1000 mg sublingual 3 times a week, and thiamine 50 mg - or a good B complex, and Calcium Citrate during the day (3-4 times)

You can do this. Reach out, research on your own, take this tool and make the best of it and you will be healthier and look better. We are all here because we had our own food addictions. We are not here to judge, but to help!!!

I personally felt a little blah at the 6 week mark. some people get downright depressed... losing 40# is great, I wonder if you are just feeling kind of blue due to the system shock. Alot of us go through that.

I like Katie's post and agree with her, but I'd add one more thing. You need a therapist pronto! You are so depressed that it's making me cry and you need some back up and support desperately!! Go see someone who specializes in bariatric counseling if possible, but any therapist right now would help you. I'm concerned because, from the tone of your post, it sounds like your dad "forced" you to have this surgery. I am stunned and frightened for you because of that.

Please, call someone for some help today. I want to see you be successful with your sleeve, but I want you to be in decent mental health when you get there.

You are so right Lissa! Get some support, either a therapist or a bariatric support group. I know they have them at Kaiser. Most health programs that cover WLS should have some referral information.

Good Luck!

And if a therapist is not an option, come here. There are SO many success stories here it will remind you that you can do this. We are here to help each other.

I don't regret my surgery.I'm just scared. My dad pretty much did force me into this. I was excited but afterwards I was thrown into unknown.I had no info when I left the hospital.and since we paid outta pocket I didnt get all the after care help or info. I flew back home and now I'm on my own. With no guidance. I just want to know step by step and I don't have that..u guys are amazing thank u for not making me feel like such a failure. For Vitamins I was told take children's vitamins twice a day and tums 2 a day that's it. It's very frustrating cause I want to do my best I just don't know how.. and I am goin to get into counseling

Good Elaina! Where are you?

Don't give up. Nature dealt you a rough hand but you took action and are improving matters. Next, you just need some support.

Start with the basics, eat your Protein first, veggies and hopefully you'll be full before the carbs come into play. Exercise, live to drink Water and reward yourself with healthy rewards that don't involve food.

Find support somewhere. Check and see if there's a local VGS support group. There's a site call Meet Up that people use to organize meetings of people with similar interests, maybe you can drum something local up through that. Online support is great too. This forum is filled with support.

I love desert rats's response! You have support here. We all need it to succeed. Feel free to add me and talk to me. I am the same way. My little sister is gorgeous!!! thin, and just had a baby..me on the other hand 5'3 at 221lbs and not at all close to attractive at this point. and to top it off, i can't conceive. we all have trials but we can get through them with friends who care. you find strength especially whn you think it couldnt get any worse. Kep your head up and remember what your ultmate goal is and you will reach it!

I love desert rats's response! You have support here. We all need it to succeed. Feel free to add me and talk to me. I am the same way. My little sister is gorgeous!!! thin, and just had a baby..me on the other hand 5'3 at 221lbs and not at all close to attractive at this point. and to top it off, i can't conceive. we all have trials but we can get through them with friends who care. you find strength especially whn you think it couldnt get any worse. Kep your head up and remember what your ultmate goal is and you will reach it!

I'm not an old pro at WLS but I'm an old pro at dealing with weight including, in my younger days, some very successful weight control. I feel a kinship to anyone that is fighting to get their weight under control and I imagine that all of us know the feeling of being treated poorly because of obesity. I don't know why, but there seem to be a lot of people that believe you can say anything you want to someone that is overweight. We're all in this fight together. :)

People on this site are wonderful! They have helped me a lot. Ask a lot of questions and you will definitely get answers. You will not be alone.