Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you doing?

I am doing great. I feel stronger everyday. It is getting easier to get my liquids in. I am not hungry really. I want to taste things but not really eat them. My taste has changed. Things I liked before make me sick to look at now and I want things I never liked before. It is kind of weird. All I can say is walk, walk, walk, and then walk some more even when you go home. Walk on the plane on the way home. You will feel better. I was like Jeffmanion I couldn't sleep the first night so I just kept on walking. Congrats on your surgery and keep us posted. I will answer any quesitons you have. :)

Jeff thank you for your post! I am planning to be sleeved in early September and now trying to talk my husband into it~ we are also from OK, Claremore~ THUNDER BABY! Anyway.. It really helps to read step by step of your experience.. It really helps us that are still anxious, nervous & possibly scared.. I wish you & your wife great success! I'm about to claim my date with the $500.. Woot woot!

Jeff thank you for your post! I am planning to be sleeved in early September and now trying to talk my husband into it~ we are also from OK' date=' Claremore~ THUNDER BABY! Anyway.. It really helps to read step by step of your experience.. It really helps us that are still anxious, nervous & possibly scared.. I wish you & your wife great success! I'm about to claim my date with the 500.. Woot woot![/quote']

That's awesome emme! My wife, which is cmani on this forum, and I wanted to do it together. If you and your husband can do it at the same time, I recommend it. We leave Mexico tomorrow morning to fly home. It's been great being here and we have nothing but good things to say about our experience.

Oh ya...Thunder Up! I had to subscribe to the playoffs on NBA.com to watch the Thunder games online.

If you have any questions feel free to send me or my wife a message on here and we will do our best to help you out.

I haven't has surgery yet. I go today. I couldn't agree more about the treatment so far. It has be WONDERFUL!!! I am sure my surgery will be the same.

I hope everything goes well during your surgery. Please post an update when you can. Good luck and walk those halls!

Glad to hear your and your wife had a good experience. Good luck.

Jeff,

Thanks. I had a rough couple of days but I am better. I am back at the hotel and I have been walking as much as I can. Been having a hard time keeping things down but it is getting better:)

Hope you and your wife are still doing well.

He is doing mine on the 6th. Of June in Juarez i can't wait.

Hang in there Laura. We are both doing great! Got home last night. I have lost 10 pounds since surgery.

Wow really Jeff? I'm still up by 8 lb!!

Wow really Jeff? I'm still up by 8 lb!!

How's everything going?

Doing great! Down from 221.5 to 197.5, 24 lb! Went from size 18/20 to a 16. All in 2 weeks today. It's amazing, I keep waiting to wake up from the dream & gain all my weight back lol but I guess that's never going to happen!

And you? I know you've already lost 30+, maybe more by now. How's your food going?

I guess I should say 4 weeks instead of 2 since that included pre-op dieting as well :)

food is going great. We started our mushy stage a couple of days early, it was like a whole new world was opened. Lol.

I am watching everyone on here that has a different diet plan, some go longer on liquids and some a shorter time. So my thought was, as long as my stomach can tolerate it, I'm moving on to mushy foods. So far, so good! Still losing weight, but feel much more satisfied.

I've been thinking that as well. If every doc has a different plan, that tells me that no one really knows what is best, so why listen to one over another?

I haven't started mushies yet, tomorrow was supposed to be my day but I'm thinking of trying some soft string cheese today, or maybe roast beef hash (been following The World According to Eggface's blog), we'll see.

Everything so far has went down fine, but I've mainly been having Protein shakes, yogurt & milk. Seems to be the easiest way for me to get in my Protein - I'm trying for a minimum of 50 grams a day.

Have you tries eggs yet? We're going camping tomorrow & it's on my menu :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches