Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all I am 41year old female mother of 3 ages 23 , 17 & 13 married to my sweetheart for 24 years .

It is 'my time my turn I am taking my life back. I feel like I have given my and my health my life to my family for 24 years

I decided to start this journey on March 1, 2012 when I attended the mandatory seminar.

I went to see he surgeon for the first time March 22, 2012 I was so scared but sure I wanted this tool and help. My bmi was 50 my weight was 270 all time high 280 and I am 5' 3" now weigh 266 and bmi is 46 .

By March 26 I had chest X-ray, blood work and met with nutritionist. On March 30th saw primary care doctor and had borderline high blood pressure. Then I knew for absolute sure I was making the right choice. On April 2nd met with srink doctor can't spell ? Lol on April 11 was told we were going to submit for approval and I was told on April 13th that my insurance wouldn't even look at my case as I had to have surgery at a blue distinction hospital for bariatrics can you believe this tablet doesn't recognize the word bariatric? Blue cross blue shield !

So I had to find a new doctor saw him for consult may 4th and re submitted Monday may 7th and got the call on Friday may 11th that insurance had approved me got my date on Monday the 14th. I chose June 4th because it was most convenient for my family my son graduates from 8th grade on the 21st my daughter turns 23 on the 20th and my other daughter finishes her junior year may 30th. We have a travel baseball tournament for memorial day weekend! :-)

I know my husband loves me for me for me but I was not happy with me or being the fattest mom always at functions with friends the kids sports or school functions or family stuff.

I can not wait to find me again and start really living healthy !

Hello all I am 41year old female mother of 3 ages 23 ' date=' 17 & 13 married to my sweetheart for 24 years .

It is 'my time my turn I am taking my life back. I feel like I have given my and my health my life to my family for 24 years

I decided to start this journey on March 1, 2012 when I attended the mandatory seminar.

I went to see he surgeon for the first time March 22, 2012 I was so scared but sure I wanted this tool and help. My bmi was 50 my weight was 270 all time high 280 and I am 5' 3" now weigh 266 and bmi is 46 .

By March 26 I had chest X-ray, blood work and met with nutritionist. On March 30th saw primary care doctor and had borderline high blood pressure. Then I knew for absolute sure I was making the right choice. On April 2nd met with srink doctor can't spell ? Lol on April 11 was told we were going to submit for approval and I was told on April 13th that my insurance wouldn't even look at my case as I had to have surgery at a blue distinction hospital for bariatrics can you believe this tablet doesn't recognize the word bariatric? Blue cross blue shield !

So I had to find a new doctor saw him for consult may 4th and re submitted Monday may 7th and got the call on Friday may 11th that insurance had approved me got my date on Monday the 14th. I chose June 4th because it was most convenient for my family my son graduates from 8th grade on the 21st my daughter turns 23 on the 20th and my other daughter finishes her junior year may 30th. We have a travel baseball tournament for memorial day weekend! :-)

I know my husband loves me for me for me but I was not happy with me or being the fattest mom always at functions with friends the kids sports or school functions or family stuff.

I can not wait to find me again and start really living healthy !

[/quote']

Today's weight 260!!!! Starting the 2week diet Optifast shakes on the 22nd :-)

Have to pre pay my doctor $703.47 why I wonder because I have dual coverage ????

Hi - my surgery date is also June 4th. I know that I'm doing the right thing for me but I am so nervous and scared. Sometimes I wonder why I "torture" myself by trying to find all the bad stories - but I know it's normal to feel scared and worried. My stats are a little like yours, I'm 5'4", my highest weight was on 12/28 at 271. I went for the surgical visit on 3/27 and started a low carb diet on 3/28 and now weigh 238. My insurance approval was pretty easy because I did choose a Bariatric Center of Excellence which was required by my insurance. Next week I have my pre-surgery appt and have to pay my 20% co-pay which I was told is $388 but I think it's that low because I'm almost where I have met my out of pocket maximum for the year. All these pre-surgery tests really ate though the deductibles, especially the sleep study. Anyway - here is to US and our new lifestyle! Praying we both make it through with no complications!

Hi - my surgery date is also June 4th. I know that I'm doing the right thing for me but I am so nervous and scared. Sometimes I wonder why I "torture" myself by trying to find all the bad stories - but I know it's normal to feel scared and worried. My stats are a little like yours' date=' I'm 5'4", my highest weight was on 12/28 at 271. I went for the surgical visit on 3/27 and started a low carb diet on 3/28 and now weigh 238. My insurance approval was pretty easy because I did choose a Bariatric Center of Excellence which was required by my insurance. Next week I have my pre-surgery appt and have to pay my 20% co-pay which I was told is 388 but I think it's that low because I'm almost where I have met my out of pocket maximum for the year. All these pre-surgery tests really ate though the deductibles, especially the sleep study. Anyway - here is to US and our new lifestyle! Praying we both make it through with no complications![/quote']

Karen we will make it through I am really starting to get nervous and well 2 weeks from tomorrow we will be on our way to healthy ! :-)

I know we will make it through this! Today I met a couple of people from my Dr's support group, one 4 weeks out and the other 10 weeks out and they are both doing an awesome job. We will get there and we will get there with positive attitudes because that will make the difference between learning to live with our new normal selves!

Do you know what time your surgery is at?

I know we will make it through this! Today I met a couple of people from my Dr's support group' date=' one 4 weeks out and the other 10 weeks out and they are both doing an awesome job. We will get there and we will get there with positive attitudes because that will make the difference between learning to live with our new normal selves!

Do you know what time your surgery is at?[/quote']

I have to. BE at the hospital at 11:30 AM and surgery is at 1:30 PM the insurance approved 1 night in the hospital but will approve more if and as need. I read online just about gastrectomy and those people stay inpatient for 6 days it is the same surgery just ours is for weight loss. I am getting nervous. Tuesday I have to start Optifast for 2 weeks well 13 Days because I told doctor my son graduates tomorrow from 8th grade and so we're going to dinner so I will do diet per open for 13 days

I have to. BE at the hospital at 11:30 AM and surgery is at 1:30 PM the insurance approved 1 night in the hospital but will approve more if and as need. I read online just about gastrectomy and those people stay inpatient for 6 days it is the same surgery just ours is for weight loss. I am getting nervous. Tuesday I have to start Optifast for 2 weeks well 13 Days because I told doctor my son graduates tomorrow from 8th grade and so we're going to dinner so I will do diet per open for 13 days

What time is your surgery?

Me too!!

Me too!!

We will do this together :-)

Congrats to you all! My gastric sleeve surgery was on March 14th of this year and I've already lost just over 60lbs I was 339lbs pre op and today I was 277lbs. I absolutely have ZERO regrets its changed my life for the better already! I know everyones story is different and there's a good chance the first 2-3 weeks you'll find yourself wondering "What did I get myself into?". I promise it gets better! I was nervous/scared also that's only to be expected. I hope this helps to encourage you and relieve some worry/stress. Good luck on your journey and best wishes!

Rader - thank you for the words of encouragement! They really do help.

Disney - my surgery is at 7:30 am and I know that I have a 2 night hospital stay unless there is a complication. I don't have a pre-op diet other than a 30 day low carb (less than 30g a day) and then the bowel prep starting two days before surgery. It so surreal to me that I'm actually going to do this but, I have had a bmi of 40 for the last 5 years so obviously what I had been doing wasn't working.

Amy - welcome to the "4th club"! We will all get through this together but the biggest thing is not to compare each others journey but we sure can support and let each other know what's working and whats not working. It's also nice to have a place to vent a little when things are a little tough. I don't know about you guys but I haven't really told anyone other than my kids and husband - people at work think I'm having gall bladder surgery.

Today's weight 260!!!! Starting the 2week diet Optifast shakes on the 22nd :-)

Have to pre pay my doctor 703.47 why I wonder because I have dual coverage ????

Saweet!! I'm so excited for you..the hospital I'm getting my sleeve done required a 500 deposit..I too have dual coverage..but the deposit had nothing to do with the insurance..funny thing now they no longer do the deposit but I'm unable to get it back..boooo...but I love my surgeon and I would pay it all over again..getting sleeve tomorrow..I wish you the best!!!

I'm hoping I'm a Sleever on the 4t has well. Clarify, I AM having surgery on the 4th but I'm a removal/revision so it depends on what Dr. finds once he gets in there. Praying hard for it all to happen in one shot. But I also know he will do what's best for ME once he gets in there and can see what's been going on.

Best of luck Everyone!!!

4th club here too! Today is my 2nd day of 14 day New direction shakes - 3 a day along with Water, sugar free popsicles & jellos & decaff teas.

I'm having it done at St. Mary's Community Hospital in Indiana with Healthy4Life Program at 12:30 pm and I have to be to the hospital at 10:00 am.

I have exercised both days and the countdown is really on.

4th club here too! Today is my 2nd day of 14 day New direction shakes - 3 a day along with water' date=' sugar free popsicles & jellos & decaff teas.

I'm having it done at St. Mary's Community Hospital in Indiana with Healthy4Life Program at 12:30 pm and I have to be to the hospital at 10:00 am.

I have exercised both days and the countdown is really on.[/quote']

I decided to do all liquids today and I'm starving lol trying to drink it off with Water. I need the scale to move. I hope the first days is the hardest lol