Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probiotics & Weight Loss

Awhile before my surgery I had read somewhere that people who used Probiotics after surgery lost a percentage (forget what percentage) more weight. At the time I had coupons and and combined them with a CVS sale to get four boxes of them free. I forgot all about them until I found them in the back of my cabinet today.

Does anyone have any experience with these helping to lose more? I wish I would have remembered them before Saturday when I was still on a stall. I'm going to start using them today, but since I am losing good the past few days I won't know if they are really helping or not. Maybe I should save them for my next stall?

I take acidophilus (however it's spelled) pearls... but I still am stalling. Not sure if they help or not, or if it's a combination of things?

Just remember, if you do stall, it's not all a bad thing. It is giving your skin a chance to catch up with your weight loss and hopefully not sag if you loose too quickly.

Ok so it's what I tell myself anyways, sigh.... <_<:P

Probiotics are good for you to take after surgery, because the put back the good bacterias that our body needs after takeing the antiboitics.

As I understand it, New_Hope is correct. Because our stomachs are so much smaller, we don't have the quantity of bacteria we used to have. They aid in the digestion of the food. Having the food broken down better allows nutrients to be better absorbed in the intestines.

Perhaps this allows your body to not crave certain foods as its nutritional needs are being met better, therefore you don't eat as much food ...?

Myself & my 6 yr old are both lactose intolerant, while my older 2 kids are not. Instead of continuing to spend a fortune on 4 gallons of 2% and 2 half gallons of Lactaid every week, I just buy Sweet Acidophilus and we are all happy! I just wish I had known years ago that it was better for us than Lactaid! I believe it helps my new tummy and contributes to keeping things...regular! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

To avoid side effects you can use the supplement alternative diet pills such as PhenObestin which avoid it due to long term use. The herbal or all natural alternative is a great way to reduce weight.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches