Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Fertility Treatments

Something else that has been weird since getting pregnant (before I knew I was...) is that I have had just an amazing urge to cook. I joined pinterest on the first day of my cycle (someone introduced me as a way to cheer me up about not being preg, lol) and have been incredibly motivated the last three and a half weeks to try several recipes. I even started looking at the Paleo diet just after I joined pinterest and cooked a few of those recipes, and loved them. I credit that for helping this baby stick! I think getting rid of a lot of processed stuff the last few weeks really helped regulate my hormones. I didn't get rid of all those yummy foods completely, though! I still have to have an orange sherbet push pop occasionally!

I agree that all helps. I'm so happy you are being given the chance to experience pregnancy. Just know that once you get pregnant, pregnancy puts pcos in remission and you can get pregnant very easily afterwards. Lol. I was pregnant every 14 months. Lmao

Rodswife, that's the best news I've heard all day! I want to do this over and over- it's so exciting! I also have always wanted a big family...

Rodswife' date=' that's the best news I've heard all day! I want to do this over and over- it's so exciting! I also have always wanted a big family...[/quote']

I always wanted a big family too. After #4 I got my tubes tied. Then divorced my husband and had my tubes tied for 8 years. Met my current husband and he didn't have kids so while he was deployed, we had my tubes untied and I got pregnant 5 days after he got home and then 10 months after I gave birth. Lolol I'm done now. Had my tubes retied. I'll be 40 years old in september.

Today I have been pretty queasy almost all day... Ugh. This morning for the first three hours I was awake all I could do was sip my one-cup-per-day of half-caf coffee and try not to think about food. I also had some lemonade. The thought of any solid food made me feel nauseous instantly. Also, I have been having a lot of excess saliva. Not fun.

So excited though that something's happening. I think if I had no symptoms I would be freaking out. I have also been cramping alot. Although it's not really like a menstrual cramp, more like a muscle ache. The "what to expect when you're expecting" book says that it's my ligaments stretching, and my uterus starting to expand. Geh- too much medical info. Sorry guys...

That's exactly what's happening. You will feel a lot of aches and pains. Mostly all totally normal. There is a book called Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Omg so funny. You will love it. Nausea is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy. While it truly sucks, embrace it.

Lol, thanks my lovely friend. I saw that book at the baby store the other day- now I know I have to buy it!

Lol' date=' thanks my lovely friend. I saw that book at the baby store the other day- now I know I have to buy it![/quote']

You will laugh your butt off.

I think we're now officially a pregnancy group. :)

I got my definite positive HPT today. Betas (blood tests) Tuesday and Thursday should give an indication of how things are going and if there's more than one. I have a suspicion I'm carrying more than one again. I'm putting off my ultrasound until I'm back in the states. I refuse to do one earlier than 7.5 weeks because we did one very early last time and only saw one baby...only to go back two weeks later and see two. It was more a surprise at the first US because I "knew" it was two and was actually really upset when they only saw one. I was relieved and happy when they could see them both the second time. In any case, I don't want any surprises this time. I don't want to get used to the idea of one only to find a extra there again. :)

Similar symptoms here except food is my favorite thing for the first time since surgery. I eat around the clock but I'm not gaining weight (despite feeling a bit bloated around the middle - likely from hormone shots) so I'm okay with it so far. I get nauseated if I don't eat and I'm tired. I have the same almost period-like cramps and they freak me out a bit even though this is the exact same set of symptoms I had with my twin pregnancy in 2007.

In any case, I hope you can get some food down soon. That's no fun. The best thing is to find those one or two things you can eat and stick to them, but sometimes nothing sounds good at all.

~Cheri

I think we're now officially a pregnancy group. :)

I got my definite positive HPT today. Betas (blood tests) Tuesday and Thursday should give an indication of how things are going and if there's more than one. I have a suspicion I'm carrying more than one again. I'm putting off my ultrasound until I'm back in the states. I refuse to do one earlier than 7.5 weeks because we did one very early last time and only saw one baby...only to go back two weeks later and see two. It was more a surprise at the first US because I "knew" it was two and was actually really upset when they only saw one. I was relieved and happy when they could see them both the second time. In any case' date=' I don't want any surprises this time. I don't want to get used to the idea of one only to find a extra there again. :)

Similar symptoms here except food is my favorite thing for the first time since surgery. I eat around the clock but I'm not gaining weight (despite feeling a bit bloated around the middle - likely from hormone shots) so I'm okay with it so far. I get nauseated if I don't eat and I'm tired. I have the same almost period-like cramps and they freak me out a bit even though this is the exact same set of symptoms I had with my twin pregnancy in 2007.

In any case, I hope you can get some food down soon. That's no fun. The best thing is to find those one or two things you can eat and stick to them, but sometimes nothing sounds good at all.

~Cheri[/quote']

Awwww congrat Cheri. That's so awesome. I'm so happy for you too.

Cheri

Congratulations! How exciting !

To both of you beautiful pregnant ladies:

I have two (2) daughters and seven (7) grandchildren.. The greatest reward of being a parent is becoming a grandparent...I will be following this "pregnancy" thread...positive loving thoughts sent your way....I love all things about babies !

tjmom/ Sandy

Sandy- thanks for coming along with us for the ride!

Cheri- OMG! I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!! This is so awesome- I hope it's twins for you again! :D

I feel so blessed to have wonderful people rooting for me, and so excited about all the good news everyone's had lately!

Today was a painful and bloaty day for me. I am soooo happy to be pregnant, and it's getting me through this.... It was like a combination of nausea, menstrual cramps, bloating, and major gas pain all rolled into one. Family members are starting to give guesses and opinions about the baby's gender... Lol! I'm like, Baby just started working on forming it's liver. It doesn't have time to worry about our curiosity about gender at the moment.. However, I really want it to be a girl. Hubs really wants it to be a boy. Most everyone who has given an opinion so far has said they think it's a boy.

Today was a painful and bloaty day for me. I am soooo happy to be pregnant' date=' and it's getting me through this.... It was like a combination of nausea, menstrual cramps, bloating, and major gas pain all rolled into one. Family members are starting to give guesses and opinions about the baby's gender... Lol! I'm like, Baby just started working on forming it's liver. It doesn't have time to worry about our curiosity about gender at the moment.. However, I really want it to be a girl. Hubs really wants it to be a boy. Most everyone who has given an opinion so far has said they think it's a boy.[/quote']

Maybe you will have one of each lol

Lol! Oh boy...