Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Fertility Treatments

i think its your mind playing tricks on you. im sure that without you even realizing, youre terrified of the outcome of this whole thing whether its what may happen from now to 40wks and even maybe what it will be like when your joy is born!

every baby is different (im in the childcare field) so all the info that you have on other babies may not even apply to yours! so dont worrry! ull know what your baby needs & doesnt need & what it may want & dont want.

PERFECT EXAMPLE:

i feel that huggies is the best diapers for babies. i would only WANT to buy huggies when i have kids but when my cousin was a baby, she was allergic to huggies & developed a yeast infection! she could only use cheap brands.

see what i mean? lol

Things are still going pretty well- I've had a couple moments the last couple days where I have doubted that I'm really truly pregnant. Then my anti-nausea med wears off and my doubts fade away...

Honestly though I've really struggled with morning sickness. It's usually the worst at night before bedtime, but is ever-present to some degree. The Zofran really only just keeps me from throwing up. I still have the nausea, stomach aches, and slight vertigo feeling that usually come just before.

Our next ultrasound is the 22nd. We'll be at just under 10 weeks then, and get a good look at our little bean!

Something interesting about being pregnant- it's much harder to think of names. I have always liked thinking about names, and thought I would just go deliriously crazy thinking of names, making lists, etc. Now that I am finally pregnant, it's hard to come up with anything that sounds particularly exciting or appealing! Also, everything that I thought I knew about parenting, all those wonderful theories and anecdotes from watching others' mistakes, has flown right out the window. I feel like I know nothing, and am completely unprepared....

Oh wow, now I'm curious! What's the difference between Huggies and other brands?

Oh wow' date=' now I'm curious! What's the difference between Huggies and other brands?[/quote']

Price Lolol. I personally like LUVS. They keep my kids dry, they don't break out or get diaper rash and they are WAY cheaper. I get a box of 72 for $15 whereas a box of Huggies is almost $30

Wow, that's EXPENSIVE! I just figured we would just use the crate of generic diapers they sell at Sam's...

Wow' date=' that's EXPENSIVE! I just figured we would just use the crate of generic diapers they sell at Sam's...[/quote']

What we did was start stocking up after 12 weeks. You won't need a lot of newborn diapers. They outgrow those fast. And I always get the unscented wipes to eliminate irritation. I've never used the SAMs generic. I know the Walmart generic stink. They leak horribly.

update??

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you about the update, Trumpet Tinklers!

A lot has been going on, and much of it not good. My wonderful mother passed away unexpectedly in her sleep during the early hours of the 31st. I am heartbroken, and my family is just overwhelmed with grief. She was truly special- not perfect by any stretch, but lovely and caring.

She had been so excited about this baby. She came with me 2 weeks ago (today) for my 10-week ultrasound, and told everyone she came across how happy she was for her 7th grandchild to be on its way (embarrassing me to death at the time, lol). At that appointment, they diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum (very mild) and sent nurses to my house to set up an overnight Fluid IV. She came over to be with me again that next day, just in case I needed anything while tethered to the IV pole.

So, last week I spent all day Wednesday and Thursday with family making arrangements for the funeral and getting started on cleaning up her stuff. She was a hoarder, big time. But at least her hoard was basically clean. She didn't keep rotten food or anything weird like that. Just newspapers, magazines, clothing, etc. It's a lot of work, and my four siblings and I have been taking it one step at a time. I am so, so glad I am not an only child.

I haven't felt like eating hardly anything since it happened. I've lost 6 pounds in the last week. When I found out I was pregnant, I was right around 230 (still a far way from goal, but much better than where I started...). Two weeks ago I was at 220, and today I weighed in at 214. I am pretty okay with losing weight still, but I just wish it was coming off a little slower. Eating has been a real challenge, though, as I was saying. I have been dedicated about drinking lemon Water and juice so I don't get dehydrated again, but eating is a whole other matter. I can usually only get down about 3 bites at each meal, and then I am done. The idea of eating anymore makes me feel grossed out and sick, and I start getting the pukey feelings. So, I just stop with my three bites in the interest of at least keeping them down. One more bite is not worth throwing all of it back up.

On top of the grief, my in-laws came into town for the funeral. The relationship there is not good, and it's complicated. It's based on nothing more than the fact that we do not go to a church within their denomination. Because of that, they treat us very coldly, refuse to visit us, and send flaming letters of condemnation once or twice a year. Add to this the fact that less than two weeks my husband's brother and his wife split up and are getting a divorce. All of this is to set the scene:

The day after my mother died, my siblings and I gathered at my sister's house to discuss the order and content of the funeral service. None of us were dealing well. There were lots of tears. And at that point I was pretty much a zombie- completely shell-shocked, and trying to stay calm because I was terrified of the stress causing a miscarriage. The in-laws came over as well "to be supportive", and my mother-in-law proceeded to find a moment to corner me and grill me for 30 minutes over what I knew about the situation with my brother-in-law and his wife. (The wife and I are good friends, and I do know a lot about what's going on that I am not at liberty to share with the MIL- more stress). By the end of the conversation, I was shaking and shivering, a stress reaction, and I could. not. stop. I started freaking out even more because I felt my abdomen get tight and start aching, and my back started hurting. I didn't stop shaking off and on for the rest of the night.

The good things, though, that have been happening: lots of time with my siblings, and their families. I'm the youngest. I love my family so much, and we generally have a great time together. We have spent a lot of time looking at old pictures, watching movies, eating, and laughing. Some crying, but not too bad.

Also, I went to the doctor today and the baby is looking good. My mom was going to come again, but my oldest sister came with me instead, and we had a good day together.

SO, lots of ups and downs, but baby is doing great, and I am hanging in there. Sorry for such a long post- I really should update more often so stuff doesn't build up so much, lol.

So sorry for your loss, my condolences to you & your family. Yeah please take it easy. In 2009 I found out I was excepting after 3 yrs of trying & when I was about 9 wks my dad passed away. I was so hurt & depressed, & had to basically plan the funeral by myself, that I miscarried. Good Luck to you!

I'm so sorry for your loss, :(

I am so very sorry for your loss. and listening to your MIL comments made my "mother bear" tendencys arise (and i don't even know you , except here) all i know is if i was there, i would corner her and not let her go until she was shaking! Does she not know how precious life is? Your mothers and your baby!!! You have enough on your mind and in your heart for her to bother you. it seems to me, the only reason they came to the funeral was: "it wouldn't look good if the didn't & to grill you about your sister in law" ... not to support you in your time of need. . .

I am a MIL, and i am ashamed to have her in a category with me, that i am proud to be involved...

My heartfelt understanding goes out to you for your MIL troubles (i had the same with my first MIL)... thank goodness for my second, she taught me, by example, how to act when i became one...

Again, sorry about your loss, and gentle tummy rub for your baby.. ((hope i didn't offend you in any way))

THANK YOU, tjmom!!! It seems like anyone else that I have tried to talk to about this is just like, "Well, she was just talking about what was on her mind... Try not to take it personally." It is so frustrating that no one seems to really get how upsetting this was to me. I feel like you get it, and that helps a lot!

Tomorrow I think I am going to just spend the day with my sweet husband and not try to do anything un-fun. I have spent the week at my Dad's helping him sift through my mother's hoard (this is not an exaggeration... Think Hoarders), and I just need a day off. Going through the trash hasn't really been all that bad- actually kind of liberating to finally get to throw some of it away. But it has been exhausting and overwhelming.

Cris ... I do get it! Enjoy you quite time with your husband....Never forget to "take care of you". Sending you joy and happiness thoughts with warm and fuzzy feelings .. :) keep smiling !

I had another doctor appointment today- everything is looking great! I'm at 16 weeks, 3 days. The heart rate was 152... Are y'all thinking what I'm thinking? We get to find out the gender for sure on the 21st! I am so, so excited :D

I have been feeling the baby move for a few days now. Today it was very, very active. It felt like someone was slowly stirring brownie batter inside my tummy!

So, we found out that our little one is a Boy! Things have been going really well with him, too. He's a very active baby, and pretty strong. He's exactly on target for growth and development (at least from what they can tell on the ultrasounds). He kicks like a little maniac at around 1:30 am every night. His ears are working great- last night we went to the movies and every time there was a loud noise on the soundtrack, baby started jumping around and kicking.

food and I still don't get along so well. I'm still taking Zofran once or twice a day. But, at least I have gained 3 pounds in the last 6 weeks. That puts me at an overall -22 lbs. since getting pregnant. Before I got pregnant I had plateaued for about 3 months, so I didn't think I would have any difficulty with eating when I got pregnant- WRONG! But everything seems to be decently settling out, and my goal now is to just maintain or even gain around 5 or so more pounds for the rest of the pregnancy.

Oh yeah, I meant to add that we will be 20 weeks tomorrow! Halfway there! :)