Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upcoming Sleeve Hopefully Crossing My Finger

hello everyone ive recently decided to go ahead with the sleeve.ive already done everything i have to just waiting on insurance approval from boon chapman.anticipated date june 4..im very excited but im scared i wont wake up from surgery.ive had several surgeries done but for some reason,this one gives me cold feet .maybe its cause i watch too much greys anatomy lol.jk.but does anyone else have this same feeling.and is it a sign to cancel?feeling mixed emotions cause i have two kids and i am a single parent.my kids need me!then i think of the weight i will lose and feel good about that :-)

hope i can find some pals on herw.good luck everyone

hello everyone ive recently decided to go ahead with the sleeve.ive already done everything i have to just waiting on insurance approval from boon chapman.anticipated date june 4..im very excited but im scared i wont wake up from surgery.ive had several surgeries done but for some reason' date='this one gives me cold feet .maybe its cause i watch too much greys anatomy lol.jk.but does anyone else have this same feeling.and is it a sign to cancel?feeling mixed emotions cause i have two kids and i am a single parent.my kids need me!then i think of the weight i will lose and feel good about that :-)

hope i can find some pals on herw.good luck everyone[/quote']

hi liza, i read your post and i could have written that myself!! im a single mum of 4 kids & due to have sleeve surgery in August. my youngest daughter doesnt want me to have the surgery, she says im already beautiful the way i am <3 and i have the fear of not waking up which i need to do or who would be there for my kids?? i think we should just concentrate on how much better our lives will be after surgery and how much more fun we will be able to have with our kids. best of luck im sure you will be fine :)

I just had my sleeve on Monday, May 7th and I swear I was worried about the exact same thing. I'm a single mom to and I beat myself up thinking about what if I don't get off this table. (and I'm a grey's fan too, lol). I talked to my son about the surgery and made sure he was ok. That morning, I almost didn't leave because of fear. But then I remembered that I'm doing this for all the right reasons. I need to get healthy so I can play with my grand kids. I prayed on it and went in without any doubts. I had some issues afterwards but I'm doing well.

I just had my sleeve on Monday' date=' May 7th and I swear I was worried about the exact same thing. I'm a single mom to and I beat myself up thinking about what if I don't get off this table. (and I'm a grey's fan too, lol). I talked to my son about the surgery and made sure he was ok. That morning, I almost didn't leave because of fear. But then I remembered that I'm doing this for all the right reasons. I need to get healthy so I can play with my grand kids. I prayed on it and went in without any doubts. I had some issues afterwards but I'm doing well.[/quote']

hi mela, thats great to hear that you're doing well after the surgery. Im glad there are others out there that feel the same, it helps to know I am not alone in my fears. I need to get healthy also & look forward to being able to have the energy to do more with my kids. What were your issues afterwards? What was the pain like the first post-op day?

wow im glad other people do think like i do lol.my doctor keeps telling me u will be fine u have no serious health issues so hopefully hes right and ill put my trust in him and in god and pray on it. i love my kids so much i cant imagine life without them.i do need this done because i have nooo energy at all and i know it is cause im overweight.thanks everyone :-) i will keep you all posted

Yep, I feel the same way only my surgery is much farther away. (jealous). I have 6 kids, ages 10,8,6,5,3,6m. They need mama. But I don't like the quality of mama they are getting now. I figured that it's more likely I'm going to get into a car accident, or get cancer, etc. We need to be all that we can be for our children, and we are doing this for the right reasons.

@ amytug

lol well my insurance wasnt requiring much which was good.yes same here...i dont put out much effort with mine either.right after work i am pooped!we def are looking foward a better life after which is good :-)

hi mela' date=' thats great to hear that you're doing well after the surgery. Im glad there are others out there that feel the same, it helps to know I am not alone in my fears. I need to get healthy also & look forward to being able to have the energy to do more with my kids. What were your issues afterwards? What was the pain like the first post-op day?[/quote']

Most of my pain was from vomiting up nothing. I felt a small pinch from my incisions from time to time and required pain meds. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.