Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Wow, I hear you about wanting to eat all the time. I don't know what I would do if the band weren't there to tell me that I shouldn't be eating that or you might rip a stitch. I just can't believe the hunger. I won't get a fill until after the 1st of November. I don't like that. I think that I should be able to get one sooner, but you have to do what your doctor says and behave yourself. LOL. I just don't know how to control it, but I am trying in every way possible.

i had my surg 9/25 in nj. went to college and drove 2 days later. took a 700 question exam 4 days post op. returning to work this tues (8 days post op) i still find it hard to sleep, cant find a comfortable position. my stomach was and still is sooooo bloated none of my close fit comfortably around the waist even though i lost tons of weight. i heard all laproscopic surgeries fill u up with gas. once i had my first bowel movement 6 days post i felt better.

surgery 9/25

day 6= 11 lbs lost

Hi I was banded on the 27th...i have been using a heating pad for the gas...see if that works for you too. Yeah I was told they pump you with 3 types of gas...and its the kind you can't "pass" lovely...lol. I have been walking too when I can. I go back to school tomorrow. But won't drive until I am a week out. Where in NJ did you have yours done? I went to Atlantic City. Sorry to hear about your clothes..I can fit in my capri's (prob cause I stretched them out...lol) wearing sweats to school tomorrow and take it from there. I am 4 days out and lost 12 lbs...but still have gassy stomach. I guess it takes time.

Best wishes to you!!

Oh and I think if it weren't for the codine...I wouldn't be able to sleep either. I am sleeping on the couch for now so I can prop myself up a little --tummy issues here too!

Hi! I just joined the group but I was banded on 9/11/2006. Seem to be doing OK so far. Trying to measure food and trying to be disciplined. Do you track the amount of Protein and calories you eat in a day?

I'm worried that I'll eat too many calories and gain back some of the 9lbs I've lost so far. I find that if I don't eat something high in protein I am feeling hungry every 2 hours. Any suggestions? Any high protein suggestions would be great as well! Trying to find a variety of foods so I don't get bored and get off track!!

Thanks for any advice!!

Hi! I just joined the group but I was banded on 9/11/2006. Seem to be doing OK so far. Trying to measure food and trying to be disciplined. Do you track the amount of Protein and calories you eat in a day?

I'm worried that I'll eat too many calories and gain back some of the 9lbs I've lost so far. I find that if I don't eat something high in protein I am feeling hungry every 2 hours. Any suggestions? Any high protein suggestions would be great as well! Trying to find a variety of foods so I don't get bored and get off track!!

Thanks for any advice!!

Hi..and Congrats!!

go to www.fitday.com its awesome. You can track your calories, weight, exercise...everything and it's free!!!

High Protein? I just found that Slim Fast has a shake that is Carb Controlled (Walmart) low in sugar and still at a decent amt of protein. Otherwise, I am doing Isopure....40grams protein per bottle. But becareful...your body can only absorb 20 grams of protein at a time --the rest you pee out, so if you do isopure--drink half ...wait a few hours and drink the rest. I do Breakfast and dinner. When I get to that point I plan on eating a lot of fish --really high in protein...tuna, bluefish. Hubby is huge on fishing so he loves that I will be eating what he catches!!

Best Wishes to you!

hi, I was banded one week ago on sept 25. It is interesting how everyone has different pre banding requirements. I had no previous diet to follow. clear liquid diet for 6 days adding milk or Protein Drinks on 7th and then gradually add pureed foods the next week. week 3-5 3 meals a day of pureed or Liquid Protein drinks. I really am confused. but have a dr. appt on Oct 10 so hopefully I'll understand more. I was really looking for a chat group so I could talk to someone NOW . but this looks great.

SandraNoelle,

My doc has me on only 3 Protein Shakes a day after my initial 5 days of clear fluids post-op. Some days it's not easy. I think as my stomach heals and the swelling goes down in there, I get hungrier.

I'm finding that if I keep myself busy and distracted, I'm less likely to be thinking about food.< /p>

Hang in, we're all in the same boat.

MC

good morning banders,

all is well her on the home front today I will clean the bathroom, I am the only one who sits to pee in this house so you can imagine my BR cane smell like a mens locker room LOL.. if anyone is hungry just clean the BR you wont want to eat for hours.... he-he

had a great weekend and I measure my food to make sure I dont go over 4oz. with no fill in my band I want to keep in CONTROL. not always easy but if I stop eatting after I am satisfied Iam good but if I contintue to the rest of the 4oz. lots of productive burps long loud and gross, I have such a lump not worth it.... trying not to get a fill for a while. Dr. Abkin said keep lossing and we may not need a fill..yet!

have a blessed day looking for a job...again

love you all.

xoxo

Manal: Welcome to the club! I was banded on 9/11 also. How are you doing? I had a weekend where I pushed my limits a bit and I was sorry. I am better off having semi-tasteless food and very low or no carbs. Once I ate something that tasted like pre-band food, I felt out of control. :embarassed:

However, I am back this morning with new-found resolve and I'm going to stay on the straight and narrow. As long as I stay away from bread and other white carbs I don't even think about eating bad stuff. I was shocked this morning when I weighed myself and there was no gain. I consider that a very good sign and I'm encouraged! :nervous

Have you had any problems with hunger yet?

Manal: Welcome to the club! I was banded on 9/11 also. How are you doing? I had a weekend where I pushed my limits a bit and I was sorry. I am better off having semi-tasteless food and very low or no carbs. Once I ate something that tasted like pre-band food, I felt out of control. :embarassed:

However, I am back this morning with new-found resolve and I'm going to stay on the straight and narrow. As long as I stay away from bread and other white carbs I don't even think about eating bad stuff. I was shocked this morning when I weighed myself and there was no gain. I consider that a very good sign and I'm encouraged! :nervous

Have you had any problems with hunger yet?

Hey there BJean.. were are now officially band palls :)

Talking about hunger makes me feel hungry lol...

I had a problem with Hunger when i swiched to my mushi food diet. Knowing that i can chew food till it's mushi then swallow it made me pass on some TABO food (fried and chocolate) which i really regret now!!!:cry I think we share this as well.

And like you, for the past couple of days i have been right on track again and determinate to get to my target weight. After all, we took this step and undergone an aperation to lose weight for good. Remembering how BAD i felt and how sick i was immedietly after the operation made me remember the pain i went through for the sake of getting thinner, and am not about to make all that go with the wind!!!

Let's both support each other and keep on working hard to reach the weight that we always dreamed of reaching. and WE CAN DO IT!!! :clap2:

Hoping that we both reach our targets together and be healthy and happy..... and to have more guys flurt with us LOL

Regards,

Dana

:funscale:

Dana: I would be overjoyed if I got a cute manly guy to check me out! I'd forgotten that could even be a goal. I'll keep that as a mini-target! Glad we're going to be going thru this together.

Yeah, mushie time was about when I started feeling hungry again. I think that and as the swelling goes down, we have no other real restriction so it encourages eating more than we need. But I am happy to have found that I can't really get away with anything. And that really helps with the resolve.

I sure didn't get this "implant" so that I could figure out ways to defeat it!!! I think this is a learning journey and every day is one step further along to health and beauty.:biggrin1: Swapping stories with each other helps.

Hope you have a great day. :) BJ

I know what you mean!! I had the worst between my shoulders pain Friday night after having the allowed grits. Unfortunately IHOP put enough butter on them they tasted GREAT- HOWEVER I paid dearly a few hours later. I think it was a gallbladder attack or my stomach revolting after 3 weeks of liquid low fat bland- to WTF!! I back on liquid to mushie and watching my fat intake!! I did not throw up or PB, not even nauseated but the pain between my shoulders and the golfball feel in my chest was horrific. The other item I cannot tolerate is SF Orange sherbert- had the same pain and abdominal discomfort!! Just those two episodes gave me new respect for what could happen.

I did not Detour from my allowed other than the one episode of butter! It sure makes it easier to avoid those foods.

Hey, I just found the site and am glad there are alot of people going through the same things I am at the moment.

Just wanted to check in here and say "Hi."