Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Well, I survived my chest x-rays, gallbladder ultrasound, upper GI, and psych eval. I gagged my way through the upper GI, and am sooooooo glad it is over. The psych eval was very funny, because once she found out I was already insurance approved, she relaxed and just asked me my life history: How my parents met, what type of grades I got in school, what my grandparents did for a living, etc, etc. Kind of bizarre, but certainly painless. I have my sleep consultation in a couple hours, and am hoping they say I don't need to complete the sleep study. I'll keep you posted.

I did my pre-op today. I also got "the works". They also did an H. Plyori breath test and a metabolic screen- some kind of machine that you lay and breathe for 10 minutes thru a hose that looks like a nebulizer but it measures your caloric burn. The worst part was swallowing while your nose was clamped! The september group is well on the way!!

Hello - wanted to get some input ... is any one else nervous about the 10 day liquid diet prior to surgery?!?!?! I have been given a list of items to "drink", but with no appetite suppressents or anything ... I am nervous that I will get super hungry and how I am going to handle that ... what do you guys think?

I too am worried. I asked the nurse (who also is banded) and she said if I took in enough Protein I would miss chewing but not be hungry. Im fortunate I dont have to do a pre-op fast. Its the 5 week liquid after surgery thats got me worried.

They gave me a preop bag that has a lot of samples from bariatriceating.com. Has anyone tried anything from there?

SUCCESS!!!

I passed the sleep consultation and don't have to do the sleep study. Tomorrow I have my pre-op, which is when I think I'll get the bad news about the pre-op diet. I then have the 4 hour nutrition class. I hope they give us goodie bags like gonnabethin got. I would love to be able to try some different Protein Shakes without spending a ton of money. I'm a pretty picky eater and am not looking forward to the liquid stage.

Hi all,

I guess I'm really nervous and I'm not sure that I believe it. I'm scheduled for September 5th. The hospital called today to pre-register me. I think that's when it really hit me. I am finally having this done.

Wish me luck.

Regards,

Yes. My appeal is pending. I will know by Friday. I hired Walter and Kelly Lindstrom. However, I am self pay and if insurance approves it by Friday, then I don't have to worry about paying that hefty bill. I will continue to fight either way. I believe that eventually I will win this case. However, I'm not willing to wait. So, in the meantime, I will self pay.

hugs,

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to forum. Went to an info meeting 6/15, saw the doctor 7/6/06, had all of my tests, evals, etc completed in July and 8/11 I had a surgery date of 9/18! Started 1 Protein shake/day on 7/10, started 2 protein shake/day on 8/12 and go to all liquid on 9/4. Going to Myrtle Beach with family on 10/7, so will just begin to start eating mushie food!!!

I'm working with a counselor weekly to get my head together and be a SUCCESS! This is for me!

:clap2:

Linstadt,

Welcome to LBT and the September Bandsters! It sounds like you have finished all of your legwork, which is great. You will find tons of great information on these boards, and answers to all of your questions.

Welcome aboard!

I thought I was going to be an August Bandster, but it took a while to get my doctor's statement and everything necessary to move forward. So...looks like I have moved over to the September club! I don't have my date yet, I am sure it will be toward the end of the month, but things are looking up now!

Help, I'm 10 days away from starting my 2 week pre-op all liquid diet. For the last 2 weeks I've been on 2 liquid meals a day and my Protein shakes are starting to get to me. I've been drinking Slimfast low carb and Atkins Advantage, sometimes EAS Advant.

I've heard about some others, Myoplex plus whey Protein powder. I'm trying to figure out now what I like so I can have something good post op days (2 weeks post op liquid before mushie food on 10/3).

Dr Barry Greene, in Maryland is my doc. Any suggestions, hints??? Anyone from MD??