Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Thanks for keeping me on... Its pretty much just a thought, not proably going to happen.... I had a great job offer, however it was going to be much more stress but my current job has offered to cut my hours to make up the pay difference.PLUS I AM COVERED BY UHC WITH THEM NO WORRIES ON MY INSURANCE. I just don't know what to do especially now with this being drug out by psyc visits because I have too many food additctins!

Put me down for 9/14! Im so excited, trying not to read the negatives!

I spent all of July reading every negative post I could find. I practically lived on the complications board :mad: . Because of that I feel really comfortable with my choice, and very prepared (although still scared) for any PB / sliming / golf ball episodes that may come my way. The negatives that I am really trying to avoid reading are those that have figured out how to "eat around the band" and thus are not losing weight. I need to think positively that this tool will work for me, and have confidence that I can deal with any complications that might come my way. If we all stick together we will reach our goals!

I have UHC, and from what I hear they are quick to approve and very lap band friendly. I had my psych last week and everything is done, just waiting on my approval.

Guess I get to join the September Bandsters! I'm scheduled for Sept. 11th at St. Al's in Boise, Idaho. I was originally scheduled for August 14th but didn't meet my Dr's weight loss goal of 30 lbs. So I'm back on track and have lost 20 lbs. so I've got 10 more to go. I was discouraged at first but I know he has reasons and this is just making me more stubborn and actually more aware of the big step I'm taking. It's going to be life-changing and it's about time I changed my life!

Good luck to all of us!

Hi everyone....yeah there is a September banster thread...that must mean it's getting close!

My date is the 15th. :nervous

Can hardly wait.....I just think about Christmas, by then we'll be pros at this and starting to look good!:clap2:

:mad: Hello - I am new here! Scheduled for September 21 with Dr. Svendson in Minneapolis. I am very excited! Waited long enough ... best to all of you! I look forward to reading all the success stories for us Septemeber Banders! Thanks!

Hey Wanda - we're surgery date twins! I'm being banded by Dr. Geiss in NY on 9/21. Best of luck to you and everyone here!:mad:

I just received my surgery date! I will be banded on September 12, 2006. I had a choice of any Tuesday or Friday from 9/12 through the end of September, of course I chose the earliest date! Whoohoooo. I'm so excited!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Waiting for surgery date sometime in September 2006.

I just received my surgery date! I will be banded on September 12, 2006. I had a choice of any Tuesday or Friday from 9/12 through the end of September, of course I chose the earliest date! Whoohoooo. I'm so excited!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Waiting for surgery date sometime in September 2006.

We have the same date! 3 weeks from today. It's gonna go fast. Where are you having your surgery?

Hi! Yes, we do have the same surgery date, and I noticed we are the same weight and our goals are very close too! I am having my surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL. Where are you having yours?

I am at Fair Oaks hospital in VA. Are you having your surgery as out patient or staying overnight? My surgeon usually has patients stay overnight, but said if all goes well in recovery I can go home the same day. Unfortunately my suregery ended up being scheduled for 2:00, so I don't know if that will give me enough time to "recover" and get discharged before he leaves for the night. I have my pre-op appt this Thursday, so I'm hoping to talk to him about it then.

You have to be so excited to finally have a date.

Mine is 2 days after you guys are done. Post all the positive!! Iam staying overnight and no fast before!! My surgeon requires it for the "super obese" but not for those of us who are just morbid obese.

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie....I will be banded on Sept. 12th its coming up quick, but I am so excited, and can not wait. I have been browsing the threads for a few weeks and this site has more information than I have found anywhere else. I feel very informed now and know that I have made the right decision in getting the surgery! Thank You :)

I will be staying overnight definitely, as long as everything is ok, they let you go on the second day. I am glad I am staying overnight because when I had my tonsils out 7 years ago, they sent me home and I was vomiting the entire night. Wow that was painful! I wish they would have kept me then. Hopefully, everything will be alright and I won't have to stay two nights. When I spoke to my surgeon the first time, he said Protein Shakes for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I will go and see him on August 30th. My surgery will be in the a.m., I already asked. I wanted it a little later, I have to travel 1-1/2 hrs. to get there and didn't want to have to stay overnight the night before, but whatever it takes, right? So you can think of me that morning, and I will think of you that afternoon :sick .

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie....I will be banded on Sept. 12th its coming up quick, but I am so excited, and can not wait. I have been browsing the threads for a few weeks and this site has more information than I have found anywhere else. I feel very informed now and know that I have made the right decision in getting the surgery! Thank You :)

Welcome! I agree that LBT has been an amazing resource. I've tried to follow OH, but without a search feature, it is very frustrating. I feel so prepared because of LBT. There are 3 of us so far with 9/12. It'll be a great date!