Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Weighing in with Monday's weight. Thank goodness I had my second fill last week. I MADE IT!!! Down 6 lbs, for a total of 26.5 lost for Christmas challenge!

Thanks for the PB explaination as I haven't had that happen but have had the slimming stuff (YuK). This has been a journey but I am glad I am doing it. I feel better and am looking better too. I know the walking is really helping and after the holidays will increase to somemore exercises. Thanks Brendab

BJean, Why do you wait 2 hours after you eat to drink? I think an hour at the most would be enough, some just say wait a 1/2 hour. I hope you find out what the pain is, try drinking slower and see if it happens.

Itsgottago: Man it's torture to wait 2 hours! I asked about it again yesterday and the dietictian said that if I drink anything before that I will be flushing out the pouch and will be hungrier all the time. She reemphasized that I shouldn't drink anything after 15 min. before meals and 2 hours after. It is really hard to do that and it is hard to get in all the Water they say you should have when you are on that kind of schedule.

I think that's why I've been getting a lot of abdominal pain after I drink water. I'm so thirsty I glub it down to fast and I'm taking in air. Last night I sipped it and by the time I had about 5 or 6 ozs, I gave up. But I did not have the pain, so I guess I have to work harder at keeping a bottle with me and just sip on it all day.

My doctor's office staff has put so much emphasis on what we drink and when we drink it, I am surprised to read that some doctors say you can drink as soon as a half hour after a meal. Thats a pretty big difference! I could live with that.

Thanks for your input! Maybe I can relax a little bit and compromise on the wait time by a half hour or so. I don't want to feel hungry, but frankly I'm feeling hungry the way I've been doing it. So keeping a bottle with me has to be make sense all the way around.

BJean,

I try to wait an hour. I have a hard time sipping anything. I want to DRINK, not sip. I am only a couple months out from surgery, so still kind of new at it but I am going to try to stick to the one hour and see if I can not "wash" down all my food. I too was told two hours. Actually they said one and a half to two. Whatever. If I am going to get in the fluids that I need, one hour is going to have to work for me.

The swallowing air for me was worse when I was right out of surgery. I still do it, but it isn't as bad.

Good luck to you!!!

BJean:

I also am on Smartbandsters.......the ARNP that does all of our education is on there. She has been banded. They say 1 hour and if you really need it a half an hour is ok. I couldn't imagine having to wait 2 hours!! I hope that helps.

MOM:

0 pounds lost this week. :)

What fantastic support! Thanks to all of you who came to my aid. I am going to feel much less hard-core about the 2 hour thing. You've all definitely made my day!!

lamamama, :P

BJean, I wait an hour after eating to begin drinking. No way could I wait 2 hours.

Brendab, you're welcome! I've gotta get more consistent with exercise, too. New Year's resolution! Isn't it great that we all got a head start on the weight loss for the New Year??!!

I broke down today and went in for a slight unfill (.25 cc). She seemed surprised that I was overly restricted at 1.5cc, and said most people get restriction at about 3cc. I went straight to Wendy's and got a bowl of chili. It was sooooo good. Don't ask about the Frosty. :speechles

I am feeling really good about the weight loss today. I got two invitations today for holiday events, and for the first time in a long time, I didn't look for excuses to bug out! I'm actually looking forward to being with other people. And that's even though the phrase "I have nothing to wear" has taken on a whole new meaning! I stopped by Kohl's on the way back from the Dr's office, and got a nice pair of black slacks on sale. But the best part is that they are a size 18. That's a MISSES size 18, not Women's! :whoo:

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Tami

Well the Water discussion is interesting. My doctor says to not drink 1/2 before a meal and a 1/2 after a meal. In the book, Lapband for Life he says to wait 1/2 to 1 hour. I guess that experimenting to see if it affects your hunger might be worthwhile. No way would I wait 2 hours.

Tami: Great going! You've done so well. I know you were debating on whether to get an unfill. Glad it's working out for you so far. I had Wendy's chili last night too - a large. I didn't have anything else, but it's a sure sign I still need some fill.

I hope I can follow in your weight loss footsteps after my 4th fill next week.

r2ht4u: Wow that's a dramatic weight loss. How are you managing it? Mostly determination or a restrictive band? Or both? I'd dearly love to be in the 160s now. Did you set interim goals from time to time? Do you exercise a lot? Please share when you have time. Thanks!

Hi everyone-

Brendab i totally feel your pain. I was banded on 9/15 and have lost around 32 pounds (which goes up and down 2 pounds daily). I've had 2 fills and everytime the surgeon has wanted to make it tighter and i ask him to take a little out. I have 8.5cc's filled in a 10cc band...i am worried about what happens where there is no where to go. I have been making some really bad choices this x-mas but definitely not eating what i ate last year. I also walk about 3-4 times a week. I am thinking about wanting a third fill but i am a little tight in the morning so that worries me that i could get too tight. I feel so much better and my clothes are getting too big but i want to lose weight! I have promised myself once it is 2007 i am taking the diet very seriously again! I hate hearing everyone's comments as well. Over t-giving my mom said "oh you can eat as much as i can." I ate a lot of mashed pot...which we know goes right thru the band. I hate explaining all of that to people.

How is everyone else making it thur the holidays?

Melissa

Melissa, I too feel tighter in the morning, and I was told that's because you have been sleeping. My Doctor also said that after a fill it could get looser or maybe tighter. After my second fill, I felt the golf ball most every time I ate a meal. Last night at dinner, there was not problem. I think I still eat too fast and am trying to slow it down. The one thing I have NO problem with is Christmas sweets. Seems unfair, they go right down with no problem at all. I will go back to the doctor on Jan 11 for my 3rd fill. I feel the golf ball and don't eat much but am not losing any weight. I stay the same. Maybe up one or two and then down again.

I also know what you are talking about with people watching you. That annoys me too. My doctor told me going in that this was at least a 2 yr task and not an overnight success story. I have to work harder too I realize that. Tuesday if there is any junk in my house, it goes in the trash. Out of sight out of mind. God Bless all who are dropping their weight like crazy. I am proud of you!! I'm thinking we just haven't hit our sweet spot yet. I am not eating near what I ate before the surgery. I'm hanging in there and waiting for my sweet spot to be found.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

My doctor's office staff has put so much emphasis on what we drink and when we drink it, I am surprised to read that some doctors say you can drink as soon as a half hour after a meal. Thats a pretty big difference! I could live with that.

My doctor said stop drinking 15-30 minutes before a meal, and wait until 1 1/2 hours after your meal to drink. I have trouble with the 15-30 before the meal.

It's been busy to say the least, and sorry for not posting sooner. Baking season is here and I do alot of it during the Holidays, and its my own damn fault for tasting! I have scheduled a fill for after the Holidays and will get back on track. Everyone is doing so well, I'm so proud of all of you. I do know how hard it is, been a struggler my whole life. Next week I will post the totals for everyone.

We will have our last weigh in on Christmas day and know some will post later in the week, I just wanted to say to everyone I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and hope you are sharing it with someone you love. I'm thankful that I have all of you here when I'm feeling a bit against myself from time to time. Please know all of you will be in thoughs, and I'm wishing you the best.

Challenger’s <O:p</O:p

Lamamama219.5/-4/-3.5/-4/-2.5/-3/-3/+3/-3/-0/-6

TamifromAL 243/-5/-3/-4/-2/-2/-4/-3 /+1/-5/-4

Want2lose208/-1/-1/-1/+4/-4/-1/+2/-3/-2/-0

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0/-0/-0/-2/-2/+2/-2/-0/-0

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1/-2/-6 /-1/-1/-0/-0/-0/-4

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2/-2.5/-.5/-2/-1/-.5/-0/-1

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3/-0/-6/-3/-3/-2/-1/-2

MimIN235/-2/-2/-3/-.5/-7/-5/-2/-0/-7 /-4

Lisalee238/-2 /-2/-.5/+.5/-5/-3/-0/-2/-3/-0

BJean 192/-1/-1/-2/-1/-1/-1/+2/-2/-1/-3

Kareyquilts198/-2/-1/+1/-3.5/-0/-3/-3/-5