Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hi MOM,

I'm sorry I didn't post for last week. For Dec 4th I was down 3#s. For this week I'm down another 1#.

Good Job Sandranoelle on the 40# mark! I'm right there with ya!

MOM: I'm down 1 lbs. Slow and steady wins the race? Afraid not in this race.

Third fill is working a tiny bit. I need MORE! I need to lose 2 lbs. per week to make me happy.

Hello Kiddos,

I am surely sucking hind tit this last couple of weeks. I have'nt done a dang thing. Yeah I know I need a fill or 2 or three or have my stomach cut the hell out. Feeling hungry most of the time and stupid ass me gives in to it! Ok Ok enough whining! I'll do better! I believe! Oh yes I do. Anyway I have to, going to the stepsons graduation from TCU this weekend and I just know the X wife will be there lurking around the corners trying to get a peak of me LOL! I"m gonna look so good it will make her PB where she stands! LMAO Keep up the great work everyone and remember I believe in you!

Look how skinny all of you are getting!

Challenger’s <O:p</O:p

Lamamama219.5/-4/-3.5/-4/-2.5/-3/-3/+3/-3

TamifromAL 243/-5/-3/-4/-2/-2/-4/-3 /+1/-5

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3/-0/-6/-3/-3/-2/-1

MimIN235/-2/-2/-3/-.5/-7/-5/-2/-0/-7

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1/-2/-6 /-1/-1/-0/-0

Want2lose208/-1/-1/-1/+4/-4/-1/+2/-3

Valgal1968 252/-0/+1/-0/-0/-0/-1/-0<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1/-1/-2/-1/-1/-1/+2/-2/-1

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0/-0/-0/-2/-2/+2/-2/-0

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2/-2.5/-.5/-2/-1/-.5/-0

Diane5467 283/-2/-2/-0/-0/-2/3<O:p</O:p

R2ht4u 180/-2/-0/-3/+1/-1/-0/-0/-0

Tommygirl248/-3/+1/-2/-.4/-2/+2

Lifelongband310/-2/-0/-2/-5/-4/-3<O:p</O:p

Lisalee238/-2 /-2/-.5/+.5/-5/-3/-0/-2/-3

Kareyquilts198/-2/-1/+1/-3.5/-0/-3/-3

Wantlapband190/-4.5/-3.5/-1<O:p</O:p

Cassandra258/+2/-2.2<O:p</O:p

Fraleyk176/-1/-0/-0<O:p</O:p

SLHarrison209/-.8/-2.2/-4/+1/-2<O:p</O:p

msgoat4949 227/-1/-2/-2/-3/+1/-1.5

April 253/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-0/-3/-1

LindaN236/-8/-1.5/-0/-0/-4/-4

Tanya67/303/-5<O:p</O:p

sweet31eve233/-2/-3

Em125 217/-3/-1/-0/+1

Katt288/+3/-6/-1/-0

Lapoli 7370/-3/-0<O:p</O:p

Jgandg 266/-0/-0

Bettina/-3<O:p</O:p

No loss no gain for me this week... still 201.. I want to change my Xmas goal !! I'd be happy to get back to onederland for my Xmas challange!!

Well, ladies and gents, the verdict is in. I am tight, restricted, hopefully on my way to skinnyville! Tried to eat some salmon salad yesterday the day after my fill, was only able to eat a couple of bites. I didn't chew enough of course and ended up PB'ing (not to be gross, but all over myself in the car after picking up my daughter from school), that will teach me to carry bag at all times. I'm not sure if I am too tight yet, I might be, but I'll try harder today with the chewing and see what happens. The PB yesterday wasn't pretty, I really don't want to have that happen again. Also, seems this morning when I took a sip of semi-cold Water, it hurt going down, but the hot coffee is working just fine. I'm afraid to eat, I will stick with some Protein Shakes for the first half of the day and try something later on. I would hate to have to go and get an unfill for fear that I will just loosen up anyway. My first fill only kept me restricted for about a week, so I will give this a week. I lost 4lbs since Monday, which I'm sure is just water, but I'll take it. I'm shocked after all the damage that I did before this second fill with the eating of naughty foods (mostly of the sweet variety) that I didn't gain 10lbs, but, thankfully, that didn't happen. Anyway, just wanted to report that I am tight, tight, tight!

And am just a little tight - can't eat too much (no second helpings etc) but, can still eat a bowl of chili or a sandwich without PBing - never done that yet - so, maybe I just won't get anymore fills and loose slowly? What do you all think?

And am just a little tight - can't eat too much (no second helpings etc) but, can still eat a bowl of chili or a sandwich without PBing - never done that yet - so, maybe I just won't get anymore fills and loose slowly? What do you all think?

HopeWorks, is your ticker up-to-date, and are you satisfied with your rate of loss? If so, then maybe you're at a good fill level for you. But, I'd have to guess that if you can eat a whole sandwich without difficulty, then you are still pretty open. What does your doc say? Regardless, it's a very personal decision, and you can always get a fill when *you* think you need it, even if that's not until you reach goal!

I take a different approach, though. I feel like this is a tool I paid for, and I want it to work to make this journey to better health a little easier. I went to the doc yesterday. They were pleased with my progress, but asked whether I get hungry between meals (yes!), and whether there's anything I can't eat (not really, although I avoid bread), and based on my responses, she said I needed a fill. I agreed, and got another .5cc in my 4cc band, bringing me up to 1.5, which she said is still a very moderate fill level.

Tami

Tami- I agree with you. Let me know how its working.

Well, I just put it to the test! My doc's office doesn't recommend a liquid diet after a fill at this level, but I just had split pea Soup last night to be on the cautious side. This morning I had Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal and milk. I had to chew well and take it slow, and was able to eat about half of what I used to eat (about 1/2 c.). But, at least I know I can eat in the morning, and won't have to resort to Protein shakes! (It's my TOM, too.)

I used to have trouble eating dry cereal, because it would get soggy since I was taking so long to eat. Now, I put the milk in the bowl, and sprinkle in a tablespoon or so at a time, eat that, and then put in more cereal. That way it stays crunchy, and I don't waste cereal by over-estimating how much I can eat.

Tami

I used to have trouble eating dry cereal, because it would get soggy since I was taking so long to eat. Now, I put the milk in the bowl, and sprinkle in a tablespoon or so at a time, eat that, and then put in more cereal. That way it stays crunchy, and I don't waste cereal by over-estimating how much I can eat.

Tami

What a smart way to eat cereal. Great idea!!!

Can Someone Help

I Was Banded 9/05/06 And To Date I Have Lost Between 40-50lbs Depending On Whether You Count The Week Before Surgery. I Have Had 2 Fills. I Am Already Up To 2cc In My 4cc Band And I Feel A Restriction For The First Couple Days Of My Fill And Thats It. I Have Controlled My Appetite By Going Back To Taking Diet pills. I Still Have 50+lbs To Lose So I Fear That I Don't Have Enough Left To Fill In My Band To Even Get There. My First Fill Was 1.5cc And I Barely Felt It. Same When They Added The Second .5cc 3 Weeks Later. Any Advise, I Feel Like I'm Going Backwards.

HopeWorks, is your ticker up-to-date, and are you satisfied with your rate of loss? If so, then maybe you're at a good fill level for you. But, I'd have to guess that if you can eat a whole sandwich without difficulty, then you are still pretty open. What does your doc say? Regardless, it's a very personal decision, and you can always get a fill when *you* think you need it, even if that's not until you reach goal!

I take a different approach, though. I feel like this is a tool I paid for, and I want it to work to make this journey to better health a little easier. I went to the doc yesterday. They were pleased with my progress, but asked whether I get hungry between meals (yes!), and whether there's anything I can't eat (not really, although I avoid bread), and based on my responses, she said I needed a fill. I agreed, and got another .5cc in my 4cc band, bringing me up to 1.5, which she said is still a very moderate fill level.

Tami

Yes - I totally agree! I've scheduled another fill. Thanks!!! I'm just worred about food "getting stuck" and those other bad side effects of being too tight. But my band is the 11cc one and I just have 5.5cc in it - so, I'm sure I could use more. :)

Can Someone Help

I Was Banded 9/05/06 And To Date I Have Lost Between 40-50lbs Depending On Whether You Count The Week Before Surgery. I Have Had 2 Fills. I Am Already Up To 2cc In My 4cc Band And I Feel A Restriction For The First Couple Days Of My Fill And Thats It. I Have Controlled My Appetite By Going Back To Taking Diet pills. I Still Have 50+lbs To Lose So I Fear That I Don't Have Enough Left To Fill In My Band To Even Get There. My First Fill Was 1.5cc And I Barely Felt It. Same When They Added The Second .5cc 3 Weeks Later. Any Advise, I Feel Like I'm Going Backwards.

Hey Laurigee,

Don't stress it! You have lost 50lbs, that is amazing! I actually have more in my band then you do and my Dr said they can fill it upto the max - you still have 2cc's to go. at 50lbs in 3 months, you are kickin' butt! I too have used diet pills on and off through this process, I find when I have restriction I am good but need them to help curb the hunger when I'm not so restricted. If you really feel you are not restricted enough you can always get another fill. .1 cc can really make all the difference, my last fill was .4 and it was to much, I will need to go back and have a bit removed. Don't give up or get discouraged, you are half way there!

I too have used diet pills on and off through this process, I find when I have restriction I am good but need them to help curb the hunger when I'm not so restricted.

I have a question... what diet pills are you taking? Do they help? I think I could use some help I am not a strong person and I have restriction but could use a little extra help.