Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Good Morning Kiddos,

Just checking in and things seem to be going well. I'm 10 days post op and doing very well. The liquid diet is only 3 days away from being over. I'm scared to step on a scale though. I did show my hubby that I could pull my short down without unbuttoning them, slid right over my hips! That was so exciting!! Of course his question was " Are you still that sore??" and cocked that little smile of his. LOL

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll keep ya posted at weigh in!

You're doing great! LOL sliding your shorts down in front of your hubby...I bet you weren't the only one excited...LOL.

That is so awesome!:biggrin1:

Bettina,

I feel the same as you (we are being banded the same day!) I am oddly calm also. I keep waiting for the nervousness and anxiety to kick in, but so far I am fine. I have done a preop Optifast diet for 2 weeks, I am ready for this! I wish everyone the very best of luck with this new chapter of our lives!

Kristin

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bettina,

I feel the same as you (we are being banded the same day!) I am oddly calm also. I keep waiting for the nervousness and anxiety to kick in, but so far I am fine. I have done a preop Optifast diet for 2 weeks, I am ready for this! I wish everyone the very best of luck with this new chapter of our lives!

Kristin

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi Kristin!

Glad to hear I am not alone. LOL. 2 week pre-op yikes, I am only required to do Clear liquids tomorrow. I don't even have to take anything to make you go poo...yay!

Are you staying overnight? My doc requires it...but they kick your butt out at 11am the next morning...lol.

Talk to you when we get out!!

I am oddly calm also

I was also calm until after I had my IV in and was waiting!! Realizing that hospitals were for sick people- why am i here.

All will go great!!

Hi I am new to the board. I am scheduled 9/29 in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz and I am now getting very nervous. My friend had it done a year ago by Dr. Ortiz and that gives me some comfort, I just can't believe I am finally doing this! This sight has also been very helpful!

Paige

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and see how the September bandsters are doing. I'm pretty tired but am less sore every day. Hoping that tomorrow I'll feel up to driving to the store. I've never looked so forward to getting out before!

Hi All!

I cant wait to join BANDLAND! I am scheduled for the 29th of September.

Special thanks to "want2lose" I've enjoyed reading your words of encouragement to others. God knows, we need all the encouragement we can get at times like this.

I look forward to chatting with all you guys on updates and other exciting news!

Lapoli7,

WOW! 26lbs pre-op is fabulous. You are well on your way! When do you leave for MX?

I am leaving Thursday morning. I have all kinds of feelings going through me right now. It's really nerve racking. I just have to remind myself that once I am banded...the anxiety and "what if" scenarios will be out of my head. :clap2:

I'll try and get on-line and update after my surgery. I think they have computers at the clinic for that very purpose.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Hi all!!

I am so excited to be doing this. I am on Medifast drinks for my 2 weeks of liquids and I am so tired of tasting the sweetness. I was never big on the sweets, it was the salt. This is killing me. Tonight I came home and made some cream of chicken and mushroom Soup. That hit the spot!!! I am trying to do the whole self control thing, but coming out of Walmart and smelling McDonald's, WOW!!! I thought I was going to die!! LOL, I don't prefer Mcdonald's, but it sure smelt good. My sister and I were drooling, but knew that it was for the best that neither of us did anything. She has been dieting with me and she is a real good support.

Good Luck to all of the bandsters of the week. My prayers are with you.

Erin

The worst is over Hopefully

Hi had surgery done on Wednesday 20.09.06. Painful at first and heartburn was awful but have now been prescribed Omeprazole by the doctor and my life has changed! I definitely feel brighter now. Funny how before surgery all I thought about was food, food, food. Now I am not even hungry. I am just having Soups and having drinks because I need to.

I am still not driving yet. Off work as i look after 3-4 dogs in the house whilst people go out to work and I really could not control dogs at the moment even though they are not big ones. I just have two at the moment and a dog walker to walk them.

I can't believe how tired I am. I do one thing and need to fall asleep to recover!!

Good luck to everyone going for an op today.

Labradoodle

I was banded yesterday and expect to be discharged later today. my surgeon said everything went swimmingly and i am surprised by how little pain i am in. can't wait to start losing!

How are you doing one week post op? I think I remember reading that you were having issues with a lot of nausea and not really drinking much. I hope you have turned the corner.

Lapoli7 - you and I are both being banded on the 29th. I can't believe the date has come up so soon! I was supposed to have been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks but failed at that. At the very least I am going to do a liquid diet the day before the surgery - seems like some other people were told to do the liquids for only one day. Hopefully things go okay.

I haven't lost any weight pre-surgery...I just haven't been able to get my head around what is going to happen. I did lots of research prior to going in for a consultation, but haven't done much since then. Not sure how I feel about the surgery now. I think I am excited...but certainly not showing it nor really admitting it is going to happen this Friday! My best friend is coming down to drop me off, pick me up and take care of me. She is very concerned for me and will make sure I take care of myself. Thank goodness for good friends!

Good luck to everyone who is being banded.

Question to those already banded: how long before you were up and running? My dad is going to watch my 4 year old for about 4 days post surgery - should I be okay by this time. I know everyone is different...but if no one is really healed by four days I will have to make some other arrangements. Thanks!