Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Lose A Shoe Size?

I wear a size 12 wide shoe. I would live to drop a size or 2 after surgery. Has anyone had that happen?

I'm now wearing a 7 1/2. I was wearing an 8 or 8 1/2 depending on the shoe. I no longer have to have wide shoes. My feet actually look cute now lol.

Yep. From a 9.5/10W to a 9. No more wide shoes for me! :)

I was a 9 and now can wear 8 1/2. My 9s fit better now too. I was an 8 to 8 1/2 before I gained weight so I don't expect to drop much more if at all.

Yes, your feet get smaller. With my band I lost 1 - 1.5 shoe sizes, and went from wides to regulars.

Yes, or at least a couple of widths, I know. I am going to go get new safety shoes for work - It takes 3 big thick pairs of socks to keep my shoes from "farting" each step I take, :o!

I walked out of my 8.5 shoes the other day and now wear an 8.

Yup, I had been a 7 and then up as high as an 8 when i gained a lot of weight. Back to a 7 now!

Yup!! Dropped a size too!

I've been a 10 since I can remember. Now a year after surgery I'm an 8-81/2. I love it!! And I also can wear heels now. Before I couldn't walk 5 feet w/o it hurting. Now I'm good for a few hours. Lol

Yes,but it happened after only a week!!! I can't fit any of my shoes and I was not prepared for this. I liked my shoes :( However, if I go down to an 8 instead of the 9.5I was wearing I will stop complaining because atleast it will be easier to find shoes.

Being fresh post-op was awesome. Those squeezie hose, and the foot compressor things for 2 days... I had the teeniest, least swollen feet & ankles of my entire life. I was walking out of my shoes then and had to wear flipflops, mostly.

Of course, within a week of sitting at my desk I was back to puffy toes and cankles, and shoes fitting just right.

What're you guys doing with your big shoes? Donating them? I now wear an 11 down from a 12W (I'm a little taller than 5'10 so my feet aren't as ginormous as they sound, at least not proportionately) and I have probably 75 pairs of 12/12W shoes taking up space I could use to justify buying more shoes... ;)

Was a 10 now a 91/2 5 weeks post op. I use to be an 81/2. Also I had very swollen feet and couldn't wear heals. Not only am I wearing high heels now, I am a sales trainer and I am wearing them all day teaching in a classroom!