Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck all!

@sherlee...just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself..I had surgery on Dec 8, 2011 with Dr. Kelly. At the time, he was still working with A Lighter Me, and using Hospital MI Doctor, both of which worked out just great. My husband and I both had surgery, about 2 hours apart. We are from Naples, which is why I noticed your profile...Having our preop diet starting the day after Thanksgiving was difficult, along with dealing with Christmas so soon after surgery, but it all worked out. As of today, appx 5 1/2 months out, I have lost 67 pounds (started at 323), and hubby has lost 114 (starting at 409). We both tried to follow all the post op directions as closely as possible considering we have 3 kids (11, 13, 15) and the crazy life that goes along with them! We religiously get about 40 grams of our Protein in daily by using Premier Protein from costco, along with additional protein from eggs, lean meats, etc. We go out to eat regularly, splitting a meal, or ordering from the kids menu. The only place that has ever given us a hard time with this has been Beef OBradys here in Naples. Our grocery shopping is much different than pre-surgery, and our kids have benefited from having less junk food/pop/etc in the house too! Trader Joe's here in Naples is a life saver with their protein choices and great prices. We also, as a family, try to get to Lifestyles Family Fitness about twice a week to use the treadmills, bikes, and pool...it is too hot and buggy to walk much outside here! Anyhow, sorry to be so wordy, but thought some encouragement from someone who has been there would help....Enjoy the journey.

Today is my surgery say a prayer fo me please.

Thinking of you today Reese1! I spoke with Dr. Kelly for the first time yesterday, he seems great. Post when you are able!

Today is my surgery say a prayer fo me please.

Reese I am sure you will do fine, but will say a prayer for you!

Reese you are going to do GREAT!!!! Congratulations!

Wow I just caught up on this thread - so many Dr. Kelly patients!!! I am 2 weeks away from surgery with him and SO nervous and excited! So I'm SO glad to read so many good reviews!

We should just name this the Dr. Kelly thread! :)

Question: someone on here said they recommend a silky nightgown to wear. What did ya'll do? Did you just use the gowns they give you or did you bring something to wear? I also saw in some pics that you had on hospital slippers - should I bring flip flops or not worry about it?

I'm from So CA so I'm actually just driving to San Diego and packing very light - but wondering about clothing.

WE will be fine...My prayers for us!!!

I bought a silky nightgown to wear, but didn't wear it in the hospital, I just wore the hospital gown in there. I did wear it for bed in the hotel & it was nice to sleep in.

Slippers... they do give you hospital slippers so you don't need to bring any. You get to keep them.

So exciting to see so many Dr Kelly patients here, both past, present & future sleevers!

I just got back yesterday. I wore the hospital gowns in the hospital and the slippers only one time. The slippers were flimsy so I felt unstable when I was walking the hallways. I found with my flip flops I could go faster and further. There was another patient there that wore her own nightgown and slippers from day after post op. it is your personal preference. I started a blog and hope to have it updated by tonight. Take a look at sherlee140.blogspot.com. Sharon's blog helped me so much before going so I wanted to be able to help the next group going.

Hi everyone, I am 3 days out from surgery and feel wonderful. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kelly, Omar and the entire staff at the hospital. They checked on me constantly, I am just amazed. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Glad you are doing good reese! Aren't they a wonderful team?!

That is great Reese!! Would love to hear more!!

That is great Reese!! Would love to hear more!!

DITTO!

My surgery is July 19th. I'm not using Dr Kelly, but I'll be rooting you on in my hospital room :)