Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I think the problem may be the way my name is spelled and capitals and all should be like this Klyn McMickell hopefully that will get ya to my face book or send me your name and I will try to add also....some have many with that name when I have searched so give me an idea like where your from or something so I can pick the right person :)

ok here is a direct link maybe that will help http://www.facebook.com/klyn.mcmickell?ref=tn_tnmn

Total side conversation, but I want to vent and still be a good hostess so I'm venting to you all lol

We have twelve houseguests who have been here since Wednesday. Six I know well and six are new (business retreat). I always get stuck taking the spouses on a tour, shopping, whatever so on thurs I arranged a beach walk to a glass beach. Everyone understood we would leave at a certain time. So come that time one does not show up (the trip was not mandatory, and only those who wanted to go said yes). We waited half an hour then went looking for her and finally an hour later just left her a note with phone numbers and a "sorry we didn't see you" thing.

Great trip (6 mile beach walk lol...great exercise) and everyone went to get ready for the scheduled dinner reservation. We kind of wondered what she would say but we get to the restaurant and she didn't show...well at least not on time, she was two and a half hours late! But she said nothing! No apology for that late thing, nothing about holding us up on the beach walk, nothing! How freaking rude! And we are supposed to have dinner with her tonight.....grrrrr. I told dh I was going to be two hours late lol.

Ok I won't, but sheesh....she is so freaking rude! Who does that crap and feels ok with themselves. Eyes rolling....ok I feel better now :). I think I'll go poison her lunch......

I hate rude people too! That was nice of you to wait an hour for her for the beach walk. I have no patience...she would have gotten 15 minutes tops. lol

could you add me to the Facebook group?...Robyn Lohr Minor.....Thanks!!

could you add me to the Facebook group?...Robyn Lohr Minor.....Thanks!!

got ya Robyn thanks

If everyone that adds me or sends request could say your from this group and maybe your username here would also help so i can keep straight who everyone is, wow the group is huge :) but we will be a small huge group soon :D

@carlab51 - You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Perhaps this surgery saved your life before you even had it. My prayer is that they remove the mass, it's non-cancerous and you can move forward with getting sleeved.

I'm on schedule with Dr Aceves for 8/31!!!

You got approved!? Yay

got ya Robyn thanks

If everyone that adds me or sends request could say your from this group and maybe your username here would also help so i can keep straight who everyone is, wow the group is huge :) but we will be a small huge group soon :D

I sent you a friend request (Amy)

Hi all, Just a quick update. I had a PET scan and the lung mass is suspicious for cancer.I will see and sugeon and oncologist on the 2nd... so no surgery... sleeve surgery that is... for me for a while. My best to you all. I'll be thinking about you all and wish you the best on your skinny adventure. :wub:

Carla,

Thanks for the update. Have been and will continue praying for you and your health. I will continue praying that the mass is benign and that you will be in for a quick and uncomplicated recovery. No matter when your VSG surgery ends up being, please continue updating us here, so we will know how things are going. Lots and lots of HUGS to you! :wub:

I am so sorry Carla, I was REALLY hoping and praying that it would be nothing. Well, sounds like you have a committed doctor who is going for a solution as quickly as possible. I will keep you in my prayers!

hi

Hello August Sleevers! I am set and ready for my sleeve on August 8th with Dr. Almanza in Mexico. I am 5 days into my 14 day liquid diet.

I am already having a hard time getting enough Protein in. I am not a big sweet eater and the majority of Protein drinks are sweet and thick. I have found some Isopure drinks that are clear and tart but would like to expand my Protein options. Anybody have suggestions?

Name- Frankie

Age- 51

Location- Dallas, TX

Highest weight: 320 Weight at decision to have VSG: 314 Current : 297 Goal Weight: 125

Anything else you'd like to share? I have a partner of 8 years, no children other than 2 very loved dogs. I am a successful loser but do not maintain weight loss well. I am looking forward to having my sleeve as a tool to help me maintain my weight loss for life. I currently work for myself as a designer. I hope that with significant weight loss I will be more competitive and also more attractive to potential customers. I am also looking forward to going back to riding horses which I used to love.

I am already having a hard time getting enough Protein in. I am not a big sweet eater and the majority of Protein drinks are sweet and thick. I have found some Isopure drinks that are clear and tart but would like to expand my protein options. Anybody have suggestions?

Hey Frankie, grab an unflavored Protein powder and add it to chicken or veggie broth. Worth a shot. Just make sure that it is LOW sodium =)

I am already having a hard time getting enough Protein in. I am not a big sweet eater and the majority of Protein drinks are sweet and thick. I have found some Isopure drinks that are clear and tart but would like to expand my protein options. Anybody have suggestions?

Hey Frankie, grab an unflavored Protein Powder and add it to chicken or veggie broth. Worth a shot. Just make sure that it is LOW sodium =)

sodium is what started getting to me in the cans of Soup and broth thats why i started making them, and the unflavored unjury is good to mix in things, i also found a few muscle milk lites i could stomach. also thats why i started blending shrimp and crab to make a Soup they got some protein in them and now fat etc hang in there this stupid preop and little post op is only a season in time and before ya know it we will be looking fantastic

*Raising Hand* Please add me to the August list, I'm scheduled for August 31 with Dr Aceves.